TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

Anymore updates on the joker?? Or photos?? Have they started construction on the rest of the ride like the queue themeing the building and more?? Have they started testing and have they already put the sign of the joker all the way on to the top and what about the tent like the one at six flags great adventure and entrance and gift shop for the joker??

Well they just topped off, so they still have to install all the magnets, brakes, lift chain/motor, electrical components, control system etc; before testing begins.

They installed the brakes on the raven drops already. Look at the pics on overtexasthrills.com under park updates and you will see pics of the brakes already on the raven drops and on the first update it has a picture of the joker sign already there ready to be out on once the track was all completed and one of the trains already installed or being assembled on the transfer track and more. So yeah the sign might already be up or getting it ready.

Anymore updates on the joker?? Or photos?? Have they started construction on the rest of the ride like the queue themeing the building and more?? Have they started testing and have they already put the sign of the joker all the way on to the top and what about the tent like the one at six flags great adventure and entrance and gift shop for the joker??

Actually yes. There is an update on Joker. Turns out the second the last piece of track went in place the que, the theming, all buildings, the sign, and gift shops all instantly popped up. Test runs are all complete, and the coaster will now sit dormant for a while waiting for opening day.

How did you miss this news??

Actually yes. There is an update on Joker. Turns out the second the last piece of track went in place the que, the theming, all buildings, the sign, and gift shops all instantly popped up. Test runs are all complete, and the coaster will now sit dormant for a while waiting for opening day.

I know that they topped it off but I don't think that they already finished the rest because they still had to put the sign up and plus they were still assembling the trains. Check the video on the park's Facebook page they said it will open in late spring probably right after they start their 2017 operational season.

I know that they topped it off but I don't think that they already finished the rest because they still had to put the sign up and plus they were still assembling the trains. . .

giphy.gif

I know that they topped it off but I don't think that they already finished the rest because they still had to put the sign up and plus they were still assembling the trains. . .

giphy.gif

That video really is funny!

So, I didn't see too much change...

20170206_180209.thumb.jpg.70e140e5b7b51fd621296d707582f750.jpg

Are these the brakes y'all are talking about?

20170206_180438-1.thumb.jpg.52421c4103dfd73bb8219c72c3370409.jpg

Operator house? is on the rise. Lift track (whatever you call it is started.

20170206_180232.thumb.jpg.7513884a6b8d77746ecfc433e6ad8723.jpg

The shopping center was in good condition if you ask me. I sure miss the good Tex Mex restaurant (space that you see still standing)

20170206_180339.thumb.jpg.d466cbe38ff704710c3eedc9ea921cb6.jpg

Seats!! Can you see them in the distance? There was one on the track I thought.

So for those of you more familiar with the park, is there still room for significant expansion in this area with the majority of the mall gone, or is it really not that much space?

EDIT: I just looked at Google Maps and it looks like there is still a ton of room for expansion in the area the mall used to occupy. SF could really get creative with this new area. There is even room for another coaster back there.

So for those of you more familiar with the park, is there still room for significant expansion in this area with the majority of the mall gone, or is it really not that much space?

EDIT: I just looked at Google Maps and it looks like there is still a ton of room for expansion in the area the mall used to occupy. SF could really get creative with this new area. There is even room for another coaster back there.

There's plenty of room for expansion. 2018 looks promising. But in all actually i think the park may focus on putting a more family friendly attraction in this area to round out the collection they have. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Enough room? Are you all sure? It seems just enough space for the cue line and what not. We definitely would have to tear down something for something really good unless we expand out near Titan, but then where would we park?

Plenty of room. Study the pictures and video from the Topping Off Event. There's a couple of different types of rides and or attractions that could fit there.

Enough room? Are you all sure? It seems just enough space for the cue line and what not. We definitely would have to tear down something for something really good unless we expand out near Titan, but then where would we park?

Plenty of room. Study the pictures and video from the Topping Off Event. There's a couple of different types of rides and or attractions that could fit there.

There is plenty of room around inside the park . They could put a b&m flying coaster or wing coaster, Larson superloop, intamin launched coaster like kingda ka and top thrill dragster, or a flat like hurricane force five at six flags fiesta texas.

There is plenty of room around inside the park . They could put a b&m flying coaster or wing coaster, Larson superloop, intamin launched coaster like kingda ka and top thrill dragster, or a flat like hurricane force five at six flags fiesta texas.

I don't see the park installing a big coaster after putting The Joker in. No Super Loop, but close, and No Disk-o.

I don't see the park installing a big coaster after putting The Joker in. No Super Loop, but close, and No Disk-o.

They probably are . Just like they did the year after they got the skyscreamer, they expanded and renovated the kids area and then after they got the justice league battle for metropolis and this past year was all flats. Riddler revenge, catwoman whip they just renovated and rethemed the crazy legs to Harley Quinn spinsanity. Next year they could add an attraction named green lantern or wonder woman.

There is plenty of room around inside the park . They could put a b&m flying coaster or wing coaster, Larson superloop,intamin launched coaster like kingda ka and top thrill dragster, or a flat like hurricane force five at six flags fiesta texas.

I would be shocked if we got an Intamin Launched Coaster. But if we did, I would definitely prefer something like Maverick over a Kingda Ka clone.