TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

The Joker's first pieces of track have been installed on the lift hill. Notice how the track color is opposite the color of the support on the same side. I think this ride is going to look awesome!

At first I was unsure of how the colors were going to look. . . But they are looking amazing. I love how the track and supports are opposite colors on each side. Can't wait to get down to SFOT and try this out later in 2017!!

I took some progress pictures today (12/30). Doesn't look like anything significant since the last pics taken.

I also planned on going to the park but the line of cars waiting to get into the park was insane. Snaked all the way to I-30, and overflow was getting crowded only 30 minutes into park opening. Nooo thank you.

Needless to say we went to the nearby International Bowling Museum and was actually pleasantly surprised. Pretty high-quality exhibits!

It was dark when we drove in, but Joker didn't look any different than it did in the pic posted on the 21st.

We arrived around 6:30 and stayed until 9:00. You could tell the park had been busy, but it was the lightest Holiday in the Park crowd I've experienced in the last few years. We only hit up 6 rides that my 6 year old was interested in and the only ones that were more than a one cycle wait were the antique cars (20 minutes) and Gold River (10 minutes).

I'm always amazed at the progressively deteriorating condition of Gold River and I can't see why they would go much longer without a major rehab. I would guess that at least a third of the animations either don't work or don't work as originally designed.

They typically only open for the last weekend in February if the 27th or 28th falls on that weekend. Most of the area doesn't start spring break until March 11, so I would say it's a safe assumption that their first day of operation is March 4.

Perfect! Thanks! I'll be there on the 24th so chances are I'll miss out, but I'll keep trying to get in touch with the park to double check.

Just noticed today that they posted their calendar. Opening day is Saturday, February 25th.

They typically only open for the last weekend in February if the 27th or 28th falls on that weekend. Most of the area doesn't start spring break until March 11, so I would say it's a safe assumption that their first day of operation is March 4.

Perfect! Thanks! I'll be there on the 24th so chances are I'll miss out, but I'll keep trying to get in touch with the park to double check.

Just noticed today that they posted their calendar. Opening day is Saturday, February 25th.

I saw that! Thanks for remembering! I've already booked a flight out of DFW on Friday 24th and it doesn't seem worthwhile to delay my trip by a day just to revisit the park. I had a great time there last year, though.

I saw that! Thanks for remembering! I've already booked a flight out of DFW on Friday 24th and it doesn't seem worthwhile to delay my trip by a day just to revisit the park. I had a great time there last year, though.

I wouldn't delay to try to visit at that time of year. The weather is too much of a crap shoot. Yes, it could be 75 degrees and sunny, but there could also be snow on the ground.

Work has continued in Gotham City. The Joker is rising quickly, and soon testing will begin. Hopefully they are can get it open by Opening Day, although I'm hearing they are now shooting for a later date.

I'm curious as to where the new location of VR is going to go and what it will be this year.

15965883_10154263452511417_2950661164191416165_n.jpg.fba92a5a4e45878bc71c871e79755fed.jpg

The Joker Photo Credit ACE South Central

Seems like the off-season is ever shortening for SFoT. Wonder if they'll ever just go to year-round operation, a la SFMM?

We can only hope!! I'd love to have a year-round park near by!

Does the winter weather in Texas allow for that option?