TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

I flew through DFW today and was lucky enough to catch this view on the approach. It's a little tough to see, but you can see Titan, Judge Roy, and the Texas SkyScreamer pretty well.

unnamed.jpg.bd1a41f8bde2e784575a348163a6fddb.jpg

Kind of tough to see, but it was a good welcome to the city!

Side note: it's been a while since I last posted, but I'm excited to get back at it now.

^No surprise there. Pretty damned diminutive footprint on these things. I honestly don't quite equate these free spins to a full coaster experience, closer to a big flat that I don't much care to ride. Thank goodness for the RMC Giant, because it's been a piss poor run of new coasters for a park of this caliber since Titan.

Is SFOT usually closed in February? There's no listing on the website's calendar for this year and last year's calendar seems to be missing the month altogether. I tried calling the park but it's just a Kafka-esque message relay system that hangs up on you. I've also emailed the park to ask but I'm still waiting for a response to the email I sent them last year, so I'm not expecting a reply I'll be in the area late Feb and wouldn't mind swinging by for a few hours if possible.

Is SFOT usually closed in February? There's no listing on the website's calendar for this year and last year's calendar seems to be missing the month altogether. I tried calling the park but it's just a Kafka-esque message relay system that hangs up on you. I've also emailed the park to ask but I'm still waiting for a response to the email I sent them last year, so I'm not expecting a reply I'll be in the area late Feb and wouldn't mind swinging by for a few hours if possible.

If the month is not on the calendar, they're definitely closed.

They typically only open for the last weekend in February if the 27th or 28th falls on that weekend. Most of the area doesn't start spring break until March 11, so I would say it's a safe assumption that their first day of operation is March 4.

They typically only open for the last weekend in February if the 27th or 28th falls on that weekend. Most of the area doesn't start spring break until March 11, so I would say it's a safe assumption that their first day of operation is March 4.

Perfect! Thanks! I'll be there on the 24th so chances are I'll miss out, but I'll keep trying to get in touch with the park to double check.

It's identical; you'll just enter it from the opposite direction.

The track layout of course is identical, but it appears the Joker sign, transfer track, control panel etc; will be reversed from the first two installations. The track color is also reversed. None of it is a big deal, just thought it was interesting.

I'm curious as to what the SFNE and SFGAM version will look like

Glad they're hurrying up on the construction of this coaster. I'll be there in May and it looks by the pace of the construction...It'll be completed.

We are hearing that construction could be done and ready to open by opening weekend. It all depends on the weather.

Glad they're hurrying up on the construction of this coaster. I'll be there in May and it looks by the pace of the construction...It'll be completed.

We are hearing that construction could be done and ready to open by opening weekend. It all depends on the weather.

I think they very well could, when Gradv built theirs it was already mid-late Feb when they were at the same stage of construction that SFOT is at now.