TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

ah. . yeah.

used to also house the Batman stunt show too (many years ago), if I'm not mistaken.

No. From that image of the top of Giant, the Batman Stunt Show theater was located off the image to the right of the Oil Derrick.

isn't to the right where Superman Tower is? (and before converting to Superman, was Air Race).

I don't recall there being a stadium there.. . but I'm getting old, so who knows if my memory is going

ah. . yeah.

used to also house the Batman stunt show too (many years ago), if I'm not mistaken.

No. From that image of the top of Giant, the Batman Stunt Show theater was located off the image to the right of the Oil Derrick.

isn't to the right where Superman Tower is? (and before converting to Superman, was Air Race).

I don't recall there being a stadium there.. . but I'm getting old, so who knows if my memory is going

There is a stadium area for concerts (1 on the map below) that you can see from NTAG. The other stage nearby was used for the batman stunt show. Now it's used for haunted houses which is the building with the label Tower section on it.

IMG_0717.thumb.PNG.d7424484fb67808c895b7bda2d52b739.PNG

Question for those who frequent SFOT. How busy does Holiday in the Park get on Friday nights and Saturdays a week before Christmas? Is Flash Pass a must, especially on those 5-10pm nights?

I'm guessing school is finished for the year on Dec. 16, so I'm nervous. I'd like to avoid having to spring for a Platinum Pass, which I read is required for NTG and Shockwave if we wanted expedited lines. We won't be trying to ride every coaster, though we will likely ONLY be riding coasters. Thanks for your help.

Most schools are getting out that Friday, but a handful are going for a few days into the next week (I think Dallas is one of them). The weekend and week leading up to Christmas have been pretty busy in recent years. I wouldn't worry about needing a Flash Pass on Saturday. Ten hours is a pretty long day and I would be surprised if you couldn't get on all of the coasters. Five hours on Friday might be a challenge, especially if the weather is nice.

Just curious...what reason is it that they will not let you ride in the back seat alone? This was on NTAG. My wife was a bit sick so she skipped NTAG when we were there Friday, she skipped over train to wait for me. They pulled someone out of the seat in front of me and put him with me.

The park has put into place a requirement that two people must be placed in the back of the coaster in case of an incident. With two people in the back, they will have two sets of eyes.

ah. . yeah.

Music Mill Amphitheater is basically between Shock Wave and Giant and houses concerts: http://guidetosfot.com/parkinfo/entertainment/musicmill/

The Batman Stunt Show was in the Texas Arena which is right next to Oil Derrick: http://guidetosfot.com/parkinfo/entertainment/texasarena/

First Post!

I will be visiting SFOT the day after thanksgiving. I have read that it is normal for this time of the year that a few coasters be closed for routine maintenance. Is it usually the same coasters every year and if so what coasters or can it be any coasters?

Indeed, it's always Batman and Mr. Freeze that are closed at this point until Spring Break. Everything else is typically open (assuming staffing isn't an issue).

Hey, I'm going to this park tomorrow, Saturday, and Sunday for the first time. Just a few questions:

1. What should I ride first?

2. What crowd should I expect?

3. Any rides closed this weekend?

1. Riddler Revenge (yes it's flat, but it also draw longer waits than any of the coasters)

2. Near capacity.

3. Nothing scheduled.

4. Buy a flash pass, gold edition.

Hey, I'm going to this park tomorrow, Saturday, and Sunday for the first time. Just a few questions:

1. What should I ride first?

2. What crowd should I expect?

3. Any rides closed this weekend?

1. Riddler Revenge (yes it's flat, but it also draw longer waits than any of the coasters)

2. Near capacity.

3. Nothing scheduled.

4. Buy a flash pass, gold edition.

5. See Ariana’s Nightmare

6. Try to get a good spot close up to the Carousel for The Arrival at 7pm.

I rode Riddler Revenge yesterday and I would kill for a zamperla discovery at SFSTL. It's awesome!

I believe the current thinking at SFSTL is, since you already have Excalibur, you don't need a Zamperla Giant Discovery.

Yeah, but personally, I think that the discovery is better than Xcalibur because

1) Xcalibur has a lot of issues,

2) A discovery is more fun since Xcalibur just pushes you into your seat and spins.

3) the lightning package is awesome

Anyone that has been on Titan before rode it recently? Stopped by the park today to get my pass activated and headed over to Titan. First off, three train ops! Second, they ops were actually trying to hurry everybody along though you know how that goes. But they did dispatch a train by the time one was at the MCBR. Back to my original point Titan was hauling, and when I mean hauling as in slamming into the MCBR and the runout at the end. Seems like it may have cold weather wheels on and with a 85 degree night, well you get the idea. Most intense rides I've had on that thing in a while.

Oh, and a round on Texas Giant, best ride yet, but still...