TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

Something I was wondering after my visit: how long has Shockwave had seat belts?

So from what I understand, the back two rows have always had seat belts, and the rest of the train added seat belts back in the late 80's.

Crazy. I was wondering if they were added after the NTAG accident. Amazing to think Mindbender still runs lapbars only.

I'll be totally honest, it's actually fairly fun in the back car. There's a hint of airtime and no headache in those three rows. It also looks good and has a great presence at the front of the park.

Maybe my tolerance for greying out just got bigger or something but out of the 5 rides I've had on it, there has now been one good one. I wish I had ridden it again that day to see if it was growing on me or if it was just a lucky seat.

Firehawk is the new #last. I dont need more blood flowing into my neck.

Also I love you coasterbill lol

^Head for NTAG and titan when you first enter the park. The right side of the park is usually dead, and NTAG and Titan can have really long lines.

If you get hungry go to JB's Smokehouse. It's near NTAG, and has some really good food.

Have you been since the new rides have been put in? It's totally different now. That side of the park is crazy. Even on light days. If you plan to ride Riddler without having to wait an hour, Gotham needs to be your first stop at rope drop. And I've not seen a long line on Titan in a long time. Usually only on busy days, when everything has a long line.

Planning to hit about 8 parks next year and to make it to them all I will need to do some before the summer. Looking at SFOT past schedules, they open for about a 10 day stretch in March with full hours--10am-10pm. During that March window how are the crowds on the weekdays? is it light like early June weekday crowds at most other SF's I've been to or is crowded b/c all the kids go during their school break?

I wonder when Judge Roy Scream will be replaced or fully refurbed. It could use the RMC treatment or a rebuild by GCI. When I last rode it back in 2013 it was quite painful to ride.

RMC of a 2nd coaster at the same park I don't feel is likely. JRS likely get GCI retrack or replaced.

Don't make any solid plans until the operating schedule comes out. They ran that second week of spring break last year because a handful of local school districts and schools in Oklahoma had a different break than most of the local districts. I don't believe that is the case in 2017 or at least not to the same degree as this year, so there's a good chance the park may only run one week. If they run 2 weeks, aim for the one that's opposite of when Arlington, Fort Worth, and Dallas are on break.

I haven't been on Judge this year, but it got some attention last off season and I remember hearing that it was riding much better.

^ Sorry to disagree, but I rode JRS a couple of weeks ago. It's still pretty rough and almost no one was riding it. Most trains were being dispatched less than half full. I'm of the opinion that JRS' time is up. It should be removed and replaced with something better. An RMC woodie along the lines of Outlaw Run would be awesome.

Edited by Sportsdude360

I gave it a spin this past Saturday.

Before I continue...let me say that I loved the old Texas Giant and I love a good rough roller coaster. I sat in the back because I wanted it to give me all it had...it didn't disappoint! BUT! It is time for it go, it was so rough that I was laughing at how rough it's gotten when we pulled into the station. It was fine early last year after the re-track work they did...but it didn't last.

I rode the Judge for the first time back in April. I thought it was terrible and it didn't really have any redeeming factors. I'm usually of the opinion that parks should try and keep their classic woodies, but I wouldn't shed a tear if the Judge was removed. That's a nice plot of land for a potential replacement.

That's a nice plot of land for a potential replacement.

It is, but it's also a weird plot of land and if they removed it there's a very good chance that they would just leave that plot of land vacant. Nobody would really notice and it wouldn't impact gate so it would be a nice cost cutting move for them. I'm just speculating but you can't pretend that wouldn't be a very "six flags" thing to do.

Be careful what you wish for with this one.