TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

I'm already wondering though what the next expansion will be, they're running out of DC names. That's okay by me, I grew up a Bugs Bunny and Scooby-Doo man personally This revitalizes this portion of the park to make it very active, but I've felt anywhere past Superman to start feeling old and stale personally. There's some nostalgia feeling, but the other portions of the park could use some shoring up don't you think? I am happy at least that the DC theme has stayed in one portion of the park. I'm holding out hope that the other sections will receive rides based on their location to start bringing the rest of the park to life. Let's start with a "Titan" entrance sign...it is 15 years old now.

As a huge Batman fan myself, Six Flags Over Texas's area impressed me when I visited in 2013. I'm very excited to visit again and ride not only 2 new flat rides but also a new coaster. Overall, great addition to the park!

Yeah, I was genuinely upset at Six Flags for adding this clone this morning. I'm warming up to it since I realize when I travel to other parks, I tend to travel to Cedar Fair parks anyway; so I won't have to put up with too much of "well...I can ride that at home anyway" when I'm at other parks. It'll look nice from the highway (unless it's blocked by all the new construction) and it'll keep the Texas Giant lines short since the new coaster ride capacity is

Maybe I'm the minority here, now if they just flip Mr. Freeze back around and give a fresh coat of paint to Batman and Mr. Freeze, they'll have one of the best DC themed areas in the chain.

Even without freeze turned around (I actually prefer it backwards), it is easily the best Gotham area in any of the parks. While other DC things are a little spread out (superman in middle, justice league and aqua man just by boomtown)- the Gotham area is totally condensed.

3 coasters (one of which is unique) and 4 flats (one of which is the best flat in the entire six flags chain)- I'd challenge you to find another six flags Gotham area that even comes close. I was looking at this yesterday and thought Georgia might be second best, but they can't even scratch the surface. Riddler and freeze are what really elevate our Gotham above everyone else's.

here is where it will be positioned the joker

CrSCae9UEAItJTx.jpg

source : twitter

Pleasantly surprised with the location. Assumed they would take over the old strip mall area- so now they still have that huge area for something else in the future. Pleased with six flags ability to cram rides into small places in most instances.

Makes me daydream what we could have in the strip mall area one day. I'm also surprised Six flags keeps adding rides to SFOT instead of simple replacing rides. They also aren't removing rides- so all of this just raises capacity. Although attendance nationwide was up 11% across the chain...

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/arlington/article99311422.html

Thought I'd post a press release on The Joker. It's interesting to note that Steve Martindale said that the business model for the park is investing 9% of revenue each season. A separate article I ran across also had him quoted as saying that they plan on further expanding the Gotham area for at least "the next few years". Expect more expansion in the DC area can be our speculations it would seem for a few more years.

Visited the park for the first time ever on Sunday. Considering that it was a BAF day, there were a ton of people there. Overall I enjoyed my day, but here are some of my thoughts:

-Food lines were atrocious all day.

-Really enjoyed the scenery. The old sections of the park reminded me of Dollywood in a way.

-Titan was intense. Good ride, but probably towards the bottom of my hypers list.

-Glad Shockwave was not doing VR. Just a 5 minute wait. Nice ride, but I think Mindbender is the better of the two.

-Batman's Flash Pass line is super sketchy.

-Loved Mr. Freeze. Going up the spike backwards was amazing. Never turn it back around

-We had Gold Flash Passes, so NTAG was the only bad wait. Dear God were the operations here bad. While some of it was due to a number of guests not fitting, almost every train they were having to unlock restraints to measure a kid. How about we do this before they board?

Good day overall, and I hope to get back sometime when there isn't a sea of humans there.

Glad that it seems like you mostly enjoyed yourself. I heard that we're adding some food places next season...I sure hope that's true! I've also hated how we never seem to get the kids measured properly ahead of time.

I've always desired that our park "educate" the guests better. Many other parks do this, it might seem repetitive to constantly hear "seat belt first, lap bar 2nd" 3 or 4 times a cycle, but it helps. Same with better signs in line that display the restraints and how to get yourself in faster so that the ride ops can go faster.

-We had Gold Flash Passes, so NTAG was the only bad wait. Dear God were the operations here bad. While some of it was due to a number of guests not fitting, almost every train they were having to unlock restraints to measure a kid. How about we do this before they board?

That's strange. NTAG usually has the fastest operations out of all the rides in the park.

That's strange. NTAG usually has the fastest operations out of all the rides in the park.

NTaG's operations are very inconsistent. In the same day, it went from an op dabbing instead of checking restraints and causing 5+ minute dispatches, then later there were 45 second dispatches. I think it just depends on the crew.

^ Did you like NTAG? Once you rode it, that is. Also, did you get a chance to ride Riddler Revenge or Catwoman Whip? I ask because these are our two newest rides and I'm always curious as to how visitors like them.

NTAG was great! Since I was pressed for time, I didn't get to ride either Riddler or Catwoman, plus Catwoman seemed down a lot of the day.

I heard that we're adding some food places next season...I sure hope that's true!

One of the biggest problems was with people trying to refill the drink bottles. I hope Six Flags will take a page from several Cedar Fair parks and add a couple of places in the parks were they have 3-4 self serve fountain locations guests can visit.

Many other parks do this, it might seem repetitive to constantly hear "seat belt first, lap bar 2nd" 3 or 4 times a cycle, but it helps.

Some crews, like Titan, were doing that. Just as long as people don't start going "Seatbelt lapbar, seatbelt lapbar, seatbelt lapbar. I can say it all do I don't get tired. Seatbelt lapbar, sealtbelt lapbar, seatbelt lapbar." like an operator on Intimidator was doing when I visited Carowinds bak in June as doing.