TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

I know this isn't a popular opinion probably, but I like what SF has been doing with their DC theming, and in particular, SFOT's recent package of Villain themed flat rides. Which makes a Joker themed superloop a perfect addition!

I'm kind of surprised they are doing a super loop considering they just did all the flats this year which seemed well rounded already. Nothing wrong with a super loop, I just thought they would focus on something else.

The Joker themed super loop at SFOG came out really nicely so I'm sure if they do in fact do a Joker super loop it'll add to the quality of the area.

I know this isn't a popular opinion probably, but I like what SF has been doing with their DC theming, and in particular, SFOT's recent package of Villain themed flat rides. Which makes a Joker themed superloop a perfect addition!

I agree completely. They have really transformed Gotham City for both SFOT and SFOG. It would be nice if Six Flags would put the same kind of effort and attention into their own themes as well though.

I absolutely love it too.The theming isn't on the same level as it was in the 90's, but I love seeing DC get used nonetheless.

You can alos clearly make out a Batman clone and several other rides. I don't think the pictures are the best evidence to base off of.

Can I just say it's refreshing to see a positive reaction to the potential news of a Super Loop addition? Especially one DC-themed? You get so sick of the "CARNIVUL RIED!1" "NAHT A COSTAH!" attitude that you sometimes forget there are actually reasonably-minded people out there.

^ Agreed.

Although they are not huge new "OMG AIRTIME!!" additions, people seem to forget the years of pissing and moaning about lack of flat rides. Then, when a park gets new flats, people piss and moan about deserving a coaster .

I'm one of those complainers about a lack of a new major coaster each year, but that's why I keep a season pass to Cedar Point in my back pocket (it's cheap to fly there from DFW if you're wondering). I'm happy with the new additions of flat rides, here's to hoping though something much larger is coming to round it out one of these days.

Can I just say it's refreshing to see a positive reaction to the potential news of a Super Loop addition? Especially one DC-themed? You get so sick of the "CARNIVUL RIED!1" "NAHT A COSTAH!" attitude that you sometimes forget there are actually reasonably-minded people out there.

My only issue with the Larson Loops is them being marketed as coasters, which I think is rather silly. Of course, I feel the same way about Disk-O "Coasters". So it looks like SFOT is adding two new "coasters" next year! SFOT coaster cravers rejoice! Seriously though, as a flat ride, I think both are great little rides! I would gladly take either one (though particularly a Disk-O) at MiA!

In the latest teaser they show Riddler Revenge, the Larson Loop, the Zamperla Disk'o, and Superman Tower. The other teaser had all Gotham City rides, along with the Larson Loop. Superman is the one that doesn't belong.

Also, the new Wonder Woman movie trailer came out the other day. I can't help but feel like one of the new rides will be themed to Wonder Woman. It wouldn't fit in with the Gotham City theme, but would work better by Superman. I wonder if they are going to throw either the Disk'o or Larson Loop (I'd bet on the Disk'o) by Superman and theme it to Wonder Woman. They could remove the old Caddo barge and put it there. Similar type of ride.

Or this could all be meant to throw us off and we are getting an S&S free spin and bumper cars.

^ Agreed.

Although they are not huge new "OMG AIRTIME!!" additions, people seem to forget the years of pissing and moaning about lack of flat rides. Then, when a park gets new flats, people piss and moan about deserving a coaster .

I agree. I recall several people complain in various Six Flags park threads about the lack of good flats, etc. Now the parks are getting some really good flats and people are bitching about that. There's more to a park than just roller coasters. Of course some Cedar Fair parks are modeled a little differently but most other parks want to appeal to a larger audience.

^The problem with the complaining I'm sure has a lot to do with the fact that it was 7 years between Titan and Pandemonium. Since then, as far as coasters go, they've done the RMC of Giant. Don't get me wrong, it's a great ride now, but it didn't add to the lineup. Realistically that means we're going on 8 years without a new roller coaster. Wild Mouses are fun, but with that being the only meat between Titan and whatever the next coaster will be...we've really been letdown on that aspect.

With that said, the package of flats they've added have been a nice success along with JLBFM. All nice things to round out the park, but being the "flagship park" that they refused to sell. It's time to be granted more of those marquee roller coasters. I'm not seeking some 30 million dollar B&M because I know the park will never spend the money, but there are things they can add for sure.