TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

LOL ok but to answer your question chadster was accurate on everything but the last one lol. Every single week of july is scorching so there isn't really a single week best in july. Yes the flash pass is worth it, obviously stay in a hotel unless you want to use airbnb and stay with someone...If you are visiting on a Tuesday or Thursday you could probably do all the stuff you want to do in a day. Any other day will be pretty crowded. Must rides: Texas Giant and Mr. Freeze. Titan if you like force and definitely ride Superman, Riddler, Sky Screamer, and Shock Wave (New Revolution VR)

Hey now, maybe I like to pretend I'm a superhero and fly in circles! Besides, Yosemite Sam kicks all sorts of A$$ throughout the river adventure...well until the end that is when he has some, um, technical difficulties.

I mean personally Batwing and Yosemite Sam are my top 2, but the general public seems to enjoy other rides. I don't get it.

Ya'll are riding Batwing and Yosemite Sam while I'm over here, in Mexico, riding the best ride in the park, The Teacups!

So me and my wife will be visiting my parents in texas for a few days. We will be going to six flags on this coming monday, this will be out first trip to the park. What dhould the crowds be like this time of year? Also what would be the best game plan to conquer the park? We will not have flash pass. Thanks

Ya'll are riding Batwing and Yosemite Sam while I'm over here, in Mexico, riding the best ride in the park, The Teacups!

When I was at SFOT there was a running joke between the ride ops about the teacups being the tallest, fastest, most thrilling ride in the park.

So me and my wife will be visiting my parents in texas for a few days. We will be going to six flags on this coming monday, this will be out first trip to the park. What dhould the crowds be like this time of year? Also what would be the best game plan to conquer the park? We will not have flash pass. Thanks

The crowds will be crowded. Don't conquer the park, conquer Mexico and go ride the best best ride in the park, The Tea Cups!

In all seriousness, pick you poison and choose whether you want to experience the VR on ShockWave or go over to the New Gotham City area and ride the new rides. Both will be packed, and I typically use the early entry for Gold Pass members to get into line early.

I though the best ride in the park was LA Vibrator. . .

. . .erected. . .

It might be me, I'm at 999k and change.

Thanks. Last time I was there it told me I scored in the top 1% so I was curious what the top score might be. I'm a little short of yours though, I only had 442k and some change. Only ridden maybe 16 times though. Trying to learn the tricks.

I'll probably be back at least twice more this season. Gotta get some use out of my season pass.

Just came from the park. Had two great nighttime rides on Riddler!!!! That thing seems to get better each time I ride!! I'm still in disbelief that we actually have this ride in our park now. We could have ended up with a Larson Looper like so many other SF parks. But instead we get two great Zamperla rides that seem to compliment each other perfectly. We are so lucky!!

Thanks. Last time I was there it told me I scored in the top 1% so I was curious what the top score might be. I'm a little short of yours though, I only had 442k and some change. Only ridden maybe 16 times though. Trying to learn the tricks.

I'll probably be back at least twice more this season. Gotta get some use out of my season pass.

Chad, I have to believe that this was a computer glitch, because it closed down for two weeks shortly after you and another person posted that they had maxed out their score.

After the shut down I noticed that they reset the rankings. So anything above "Normal" will be in the top 1%. Source: I was one of the first to ride JL and have scored as high as 860K after learning a few of the tricks and tips. I've notice the last few times it's said top 1% next to my score.

Just came from the park. Had two great nighttime rides on Riddler!!!! That thing seems to get better each time I ride!! I'm still in disbelief that we actually have this ride in our park now. We could have ended up with a Larson Looper like so many other SF parks. But instead we get two great Zamperla rides that seem to compliment each other perfectly. We are so lucky!!

Great, you just jinxed us. Next year Larson Looper for SFOT!

Chad, I have to believe that this was a computer glitch, because it closed down for two weeks shortly after you and another person posted that they had maxed out their score.

After the shut down I noticed that they reset the rankings. So anything above "Normal" will be in the top 1%. Source: I was one of the first to ride JL and have scored as high as 860K after learning a few of the tricks and tips. I've notice the last few times it's said top 1% next to my score.

It wasn't a glitch, I just found a few targets and have a quick trigger finger, I actually hit it well before the shutdown

I'm thinking about coming to the park sometime during a week in July. I have a few questions --

1. What week would be the best? They're all hot.

2. Is a flash pass worth it? Is using toilet paper worth it?

3. Where should I stay? I would suggest a hotel

4. How many days does it take to do the park? Depends on if you are a credit whore or like to enjoy a park

5. What rides are must rides?Batwing, Gold River Adventure

That is not what I expected

I lost it at #3.

I know that I'm going to catch hell for this since its June, but with my visit to the park last week, I have started wondering what the future holds for SFOT.

It seems to me that while the old shopping area behind Gotham City may be easiest to construct a new ride (specifically if SFOT is slated to be the next 4D FreeFly, as the theming would flow right into it), however, Runaway Mountain and the area adjacent would be prime real estate for a new ride. It also occurs to me that the last 100% new coaster construction in the park occurred nearly 10 years ago (Tony Hawks Big Spin/ Pandemonium). I'd love to see SFOT build a dive coaster. I just rode Sheikra and loved it. Thoughts?

^ Don't have any suggestions as to what the park should get seeing as I've only visited once, but they should never remove Runaway Mountain. IMO it's one of the best coasters in the park and it was such a pleasant surprise when I visited in April.

^Runaway Mountain is indeed a great ride, but it lacks ridership over the other coasters in the park, especially with the new revolution being implemented on Shockwave this season.

^Runaway Mountain is indeed a great ride, but it lacks ridership over the other coasters in the park, especially with the new revolution being implemented on Shockwave this season.

idk what it's like at the moment, but when I was at SFOT last season the line for Runaway Mountain was upwards of 45 minutes all day.

idk what it's like at the moment, but when I was at SFOT last season the line for Runaway Mountain was upwards of 45 minutes all day.

Agreed. I have never seen Runaway Mountain NOT have a line. I can't see how it could possibly have a low ridership.