TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

I think Six Flags forgot a few of these on the signs -

's

Does the sign shop charge by the letter? The Riddler Revenge? Catwoman Whip? Harley Quinn Spin Sanity?

It's a Warner Brother's thing, they don't want their characters being possessive.

Strange. In that case just add a colon and be done with it. Isn't Riddler at Magic Mountain possessive?

This is hilarious!!!!

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

I laughed so hard a tear ran down my leg!!

"What are you doing?? Are you praying??"

"YES I AM PRAYING!!!"

LMAO! That entire ride cycle was like one long prayer for her!

^ You could hear her screaming from the ground. Before she got on she was saying she'd stop it if it was too much for her and we were all yeah, good luck with that!

I think Six Flags forgot a few of these on the signs -

's

Does the sign shop charge by the letter? The Riddler Revenge? Catwoman Whip? Harley Quinn Spin Sanity?

It's a Warner Brother's thing, they don't want their characters being possessive.

Strange. In that case just add a colon and be done with it. Isn't Riddler at Magic Mountain possessive?

That may have been approved before WB started the no 's stuff, but honestly I have no answer for that one. I can only tell what I've been told by Corp and Park Execs. Everything the parks do with the WB brand has to approved. Its interesting to hear how the whole process works and often takes a good amount of time. Next time I run into the creative team I'll see if about detailing that out.

Sooo, a bud of mine informed me about the event, we're both season pass holders. I was leary about paying an additional $20 for the event anyway, we already have passes why would we?! So I was talked into doing it. After I purchased the ticket I noticed it said the park closed at 6p. I'm thinking surely, they are extending the hours for the event, being that it's a weekday and most adults have 9 to 5's (I'm actually off at 4p). After purchasing my ticket, my bud tells me it's not worth it for him driving from Frisco So, now it's just me... FINE. I'all just do it alone.

Leave work at 4:15p from DT Fort Worth, 20 min commute tops. Make it near Six Flags (Collins) traffic is at a standstill!!! Rangers game is getting out. $#&@*!!! Finally make it to the gate @ 5:30p ... YES, the VIP Event is over at 6p #@&*!!

I make it to Gotham with the shirt, that came with the ticket, and less than ten people are at The Riddler, looks amazing, wait 5 minutes to board. I board, get buckled in it's a GO!

THE ride sways and moves to the right a little, and the ride operator says, "Sorry folks we're having technical difficulties" #@&*!!!

Soo, l stroll over to Catwoman Whip, in my agitated state. Walked right on... is it a GO? .................. YES!! It's a fun ride!

10 minutes left... Batman it is.

I will tell you this much. It will be a looong time before I pay EXTRA for a Six Flags event again!!

So this is how I read this. Your friend talked you into something, backed out, so you are already in a bad mood. You didn't research the event times before buying the shirt/ticket, Dallas traffic was well, typical, and caused a delay getting to the park resulting in less than 30 minutes before close and somehow you're upset with the park? I can see being upset if you paid for an event and got there and they said sorry, event's not happening. But in this case they didn't do anything to wrong you.

Think of it like this, you have a cool shirt.

Here are some shots of the rides in Gotham City Area at night from the media day on Tuesday. This whole area is beautiful at night time. The park will also be moving the lip sync stage over to this area and will have entertainment during the evening starting soon.

IMG_1028-2.thumb.JPG.fc44938cdfa9579ef7fe782dd0915478.JPG

IMG_1024-1.thumb.JPG.897156262224540d23498b284aae38bf.JPG

Just came from VIP day for the new rides!! Both rides are outstanding new additions to the park.

Riddler Revenge reminds me of maXair at CP. However, that being said, Riddler is clearly the better ride. RR seems to me to go faster than maXair and swing up higher! I also appreciate the location of the ride right next to Sky Screamer. This makes for some amazing close encounters with riders on SS. The ride itself starts slowly and builds up height and speed until it reaches it's max of 147 feet, with a max speed of about 70 mph. By this time riders are either thrilled or losing their lunch!

Catwoman Whip is a G Force machine much like the Huss Enterprises! But to me CW seemed more intense. Perhaps it's the open feel of the suspended seats as opposed to the gondolas on rides like the old Spinnaker. One word of warning! This ride is a puke machine!!! I would wait awhile between rides and never ride right after you've eaten!!

I was there for both the VIP and Media days. We met my friend and her son out there, who also happens to be my son's friend, yesterday so my kids could ride it. You got them in a picture on RR. Too funny. We came at like 1pm and stayed till 5. We didn't venture out past Gotham. There were apx 15k-20k school kids there. It was nice and calm in Gotham City. Lol.

I'm loving the new additions to that area and it being open again!!

^Endeavor, Enterprise......Zamperla, Huss. It's all the same! You spin around awhile, get sick on your stomach. Then you go lie down on a park bench wishing you had never ridden the infernal thing!

Edited by Sportsdude360

Visited the park today for some pictures of the new rides in action. Tried out Riddler Revenge and verified it's as tall and fun as it looks.

Unfortunately it was miserably humid and not good picture weather (at least this morning) but nevertheless, here are the results:

The Riddler Revenge

Catwoman Whip

Lines were pretty long. The park didn't seem that prepared as queue lines were spilling out way past the entrance when I left. Still, lots of people seem very pleased with the rides. Can't wait to see them at night!

Got my first nighttime rides on Riddler and Catwoman. The video and pics don't do these rides justice!!! Riding Riddler Revenge at night is a religious experience!!! I think you can see why!!!

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

IMG545.thumb.jpg.8d7810cd512a451ce85dde5150ba1a6b.jpg

Simply breathtaking!!!

IMG554.thumb.jpg.0a5300e3de1f43d7f5e7e9875397bfce.jpg

Catwoman Whip with Riddler in the background!!!!

IMG540.thumb.jpg.c9da135fc4f9b91b220d88102cdeae4e.jpg

WOW!!!!

IMG522.thumb.jpg.4bf785cf2305529644b49f8919ab80c9.jpg

Jaw dropping!!!!

IMG526.thumb.jpg.7be897526ae2aa495bfe3919abe33eaf.jpg

Catwoman Whip lights up the night!!!

IMG538.thumb.jpg.d51a34f517d632195b1e11c6a7b4a308.jpg

Incredible!!!!

IMG550.thumb.jpg.4462d13b88a3d02d45eeb7ced631cffc.jpg

Ready to ride!!!

IMG524.thumb.jpg.e5d5a0599a52d3fd79cf2386276d5fd9.jpg

You must see this in person to get the full impact!!!

IMG546.thumb.jpg.80a9e5446e8032c358f76d924db4e826.jpg

There are no words!!!!

Edited by Sportsdude360