TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

I don't know if Saturday was a rainout as the rain stopped in the late afternoon/early evening- but today, Sunday- the park was dead. Several coasters opened about 30 mins late and justice league was down both times we tried to do it first thing- but no waits for food or drinks and we walked on superman, batman, etc.

Great weather- great day.

^Its just a filler. More appropriate from thus is "NTaG" (which is sometimes seem).

Shouldn't it just be NTG though? It's New Texas Giant- so if you need four wouldn't an X be better than an A? I was just racking my brain thinking what the A Was for and couldn't come up with anything

A tale of 2 cities. At Cedar Point a few weeks ago it was so cold I was wearing 3 shirts, 2 sets of gloves, 2 sets of socks and I was STILL cold. The lines though still approached 2 hours even at 45 degrees and cloudy AND windy. Texas cold (like 55) people avoid SFoT like it's the plague, it's fun for those who can withstand it because the cold keeps them away in Texas!

I witnessed something today I thought I'd never witness again...Titan had all 3 trains running today! I almost fell over backwards when I saw it. They need some practice because lots of times 2 trains were on the final brakes while a train was being loaded, but hopefully they are taking improving their operations seriously finally.

I witnessed something today I thought I'd never witness again...Titan had all 3 trains running today! I almost fell over backwards when I saw it. They need some practice because lots of times 2 trains were on the final brakes while a train was being loaded, but hopefully they are taking improving their operations seriously finally.

How were the crowds? I'm going to go today (the 1st). Hoping it'll be a little Edward being on a Sunday and after Halloween...

Yesterday I witnessed what I thought was impossible. One of our Members of TPR scored a 600,000+ on Justice League! Dude had 300,000+ just on the first screen! It was incredible. I wept tears of defeat on the steps of The Hall of Justice.

Please sir, post your picture. I know you'll read this!

I've been thinking of planning a little long weekend down to TX the day after Christmas to finally ride Texas Giant (since it was closed during TPR trip in 2013) and hope to finally after two previous visits ride shockwave! What ride/coasters are typically open during holiday in the park?

Yesterday I witnessed what I thought was impossible. One of our Members of TPR scored a 600,000+ on Justice League! Dude had 300,000+ just on the first screen! It was incredible. I wept tears of defeat on the steps of The Hall of Justice.

Wow! I want to know the champion who pulled this off also!

I've been thinking of planning a little long weekend down to TX the day after Christmas to finally ride Texas Giant (since it was closed during TPR trip in 2013) and hope to finally after two previous visits ride shockwave! What ride/coasters are typically open during holiday in the park?

Mr. Freeze and Batman both are closed for annual maintenance during Christmas time at the park. Texas Giant, Titan, and everything else typically are open. There might be some changes this year with our new rides headed into the Gotham area, so Sky Screamer might be closed, but that's just speculation. The crowds are usually slow and you should be able to get on and off fairly quickly.

Wow! I want to know the champion who pulled this off also!

Dear me, last Thursday I managed a 300k total. Top 20%

When does the park open for the season on weekdays? I have to pick next year's vacation now, and I'd like to hit SFOT and SFFT. Up here everything usually opens up on weekdays just before or just after Memorial Day. Does that usually hold true down there too? Neither park has a 2016 operating schedule up online yet.

Do any of the holiday meals/snacks work with the dining plan? Like the roasted nuts, turkey and stuffing, etc?

This will be my first holiday in the park this year and just curious what I'll be walking into.

No those meals are considered part of The Holiday In Park Event and not included with your Dining Pass. Kind of like Panda Express.

On a side note I'm really excited to see if Epic Cones comes back this year!

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone check out Holiday in the Park opening? Any predictions of how crowded it might be today? Thinking I might head over to the park this afternoon.

I went. The line to get in was absolutely ridiculous- I don't know if they had issues with the scanners or maybe didn't actually let anyone into the "holding" area until 2pm- but the line was all the way around to the bobsled.

Of course, I wait in line- 20 minutes later we're at the "gates" where there is a space between the ticket booths and the actual line where cutters just walk right in and "funnel". But- that's six flags, right? Ive rarely ever see it at Disney, Universal, or Sea World. But six flags... all the time. Rant over.

The crowds weren't bad at all, really- but I was with my 2 and 6 year old all by myself- so our rides never have waits anyway. But based on the food lines- it wasn't bad in the slightest. Snow Hill was the only wait- maybe 10-15 mins? We left around 6- so I didn't see the lights- I'll do that later this week when I have my wife with me and I'm not outnumbered.

Anyone check out Holiday in the Park opening? Any predictions of how crowded it might be today? Thinking I might head over to the park this afternoon.

I went. The line to get in was absolutely ridiculous- I don't know if they had issues with the scanners or maybe didn't actually let anyone into the "holding" area until 2pm- but the line was all the way around to the bobsled.

Of course, I wait in line- 20 minutes later we're at the "gates" where there is a space between the ticket booths and the actual line where cutters just walk right in and "funnel". But- that's six flags, right? Ive rarely ever see it at Disney, Universal, or Sea World. But six flags... all the time. Rant over.

The crowds weren't bad at all, really- but I was with my 2 and 6 year old all by myself- so our rides never have waits anyway. But based on the food lines- it wasn't bad in the slightest. Snow Hill was the only wait- maybe 10-15 mins? We left around 6- so I didn't see the lights- I'll do that later this week when I have my wife with me and I'm not outnumbered.

I didn't get to do Holiday in the Park last year because the crowds were unbearable. Literally walked in, processed my pass, and left because it was insane! I'm hoping today won't be crowded. Planning on being there right when they open so I can get a few rides in and finally ride Justice League! haha