TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

Excited about Riddler, they've very fun. Almost peaceful. Anyone know if it's a Huss Giant Frisbee or a Mondial Revolution? Rendering looks like a Revolution but then again it's just a rendering.

Don't especially care about the other new ride and the re-theme of Crazy Legs. I'm trying to imagine where everything will go. Does this spell the end of Goodtimes Square?

Didn't the park buy the land of the old shopping center right there a few years ago? They could always demolish it and put the stuff there...

Is the giant Frisbee a Zamperla Giant Discovery (like Black Widow at Kennywood)? That model is far superior to all the other giant Frisbees. Seriously it makes MaxAir seem average.

Yep, came here to say this. Just rode Kennywood's for the first time and it's so much better than what's at King's Island and Cedar Point. The Huss versions seen so lethargic with the swinging motion, and the rotation doesn't feel as fast. Also, the restraints are much more comfortable on the Zamperla version.

Excited about Riddler, they've very fun. Almost peaceful. Anyone know if it's a Huss Giant Frisbee or a Mondial Revolution? Rendering looks like a Revolution but then again it's just a rendering.

It isn't either, it's a Zamperla Giant Discovery and those are the biggest of the frisbees actually, but i think that more parks should get zamperlas new inverting giant frisbee. (not the midsized one)

I'd have to say that other than SFDK, SFOT is definitely getting the best expansion for 2016 out of all of the SF Parks. (and this is coming from someone who does not ride anything that spins.)

Agreed! You both survived the Larson Loop plague!

I'd have to say that other than SFDK, SFOT is definitely getting the best expansion for 2016 out of all of the SF Parks. (and this is coming from someone who does not ride anything that spins.)

I don't know. I could argue SFOG for that title as well considering the size and scope of their expansion and what that means for families.

No, the frisbee is not from SFFT. Theirs isn't the same model at all. We will be getting a new state of the art

Zamperla ride, not an old piece of junk from another park.

Oh boy!!! I can't wait to ride our new Giant Frisbee!

SFFT's Frisbee ran an amazing cycle, it was far from an old piece of junk.

But yeah this one will be better.

Does anyone know if SFFT Frisbee will be scrapped or sold? Obviously not being moved to another park in the chain as we would have heard about that in the 2016 announcement. Unless it will be refurbed then moved to another park for 2017?

No, the frisbee is not from SFFT. Theirs isn't the same model at all. We will be getting a new state of the art

Say what you will. I've ridden the SFFT frisbee and I've also ridden MaxAir at CP.

There's no compairison.

Say what you will. I've ridden the SFFT frisbee and I've also ridden MaxAir at CP.

There's no compairison.

Of course maXair is better. It's way bigger, and with flats, that makes a huge difference. All I'm saying is that SFFT's version ran one of the longest and most fun cycles on any flat ride I've been on. It's not a piece of junk (although I won't miss it that much)

I was at the park today 4:00-8:00 just mainly to process my season pass. Got a ride on JL:BFM, but not before waiting 1 1/2 hrs. with a breakdown of course! JL is by far the most interactive and incredible ride I've ever seen! It is really cool!! I also was able to snag a ride on Ntag.

Same here, I was at the park today as well. JLBFM was having issues today. The fog screen wasn't working

and neither was the final scene where your being congratulated.

There's no compairison.

Of course maXair is better. It's way bigger, and with flats, that makes a huge difference. All I'm saying is that SFFT's version ran one of the longest and most fun cycles on any flat ride I've been on. It's not a piece of junk (although I won't miss it that much)

Yeah, but it's not just the size. On MaxAir riders sit facing outwards with their feet dangling. On SFFT frisbee riders sit

facing inwards in a contained area. That makes a huge differance as well.

this is bull crap i have to say ive been waiting since i worked there back in 08 for a new coaster i will be super pissed if there is no roller coaster next year we are the flag ship park and cant get coasters i just dont get it... there is so much land to expand on

Since when was SFOT the flagship park? I've always assumed it was SFMM. TBH the Frisbee addition is amazing and I hope they add it to other parks as well. The other two flats are great as well.

I think a lot of people consider SFOT the flagship park, because it's the original Six Flags Park.

SFMM and SFGADv IMO are and always will be the flagship parks. Back in the day, the three original parks were built to be the best, but at the same time there were only those three in the world. It's also a far different management and owner now.

SFStL, the last of the trio to be built, was designed to become the flagship park - and that didn't happen. SFOG today is a gem, but its not crazy popular like SFMM / SFOG. Just look at the rides and demographics of those two parks, and you'll understand why SFOG and the rest (inc. current) are not the flagship parks today.

Edited by RollerManic

this is bull crap i have to say ive been waiting since i worked there back in 08 for a new coaster i will be super pissed if there is no roller coaster next year we are the flag ship park and cant get coasters i just dont get it... there is so much land to expand on

Since when was SFOT the flagship park? I've always assumed it was SFMM. TBH the Frisbee addition is amazing and I hope they add it to other parks as well. The other two flats are great as well.

I think a lot of people consider SFOT the flagship park, because it's the original Six Flags Park.

SFMM and SFGADv IMO are and always will be the flagship parks. Back in the day, the three original parks were built to be the best, but at the same time there were only those three in the world. It's also a far different management and owner now.

SFStL, the last of the trio to be built, was designed to become the flagship park - and that didn't happen. SFOG today is a gem, but its not crazy popular like SFMM / SFOG. And just look at the rides at those two parks, and then youll understand why SFOG and the rest (current) are not the flagship parks today.

SFMM and SFGADV are also both included in the two biggest metro areas of the USA [ LA & NYC] so I guess it would make sense for them to get the bigger investments.

I'm quite happy about the flat ride additions this year, now I get to hope they finally demolish that eye sore of a concert hall and build a nice new coaster next year! The dark ride, these flat rides and a new coaster in 2017 would give us 3 great years in a row and really put the park back on the map!

*sniff sniff* I can smell Intamin or B&M coming our way soon...at least I hope...

Also, I never took into consideration that we might be getting more major attractions due to the MGM Grand that will be built in Arlington. It only makes sense to try and create an attraction that will make people want to fly and stay just to visit when the Rangers or Cowboys aren't playing. Just a thought...