TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

^^While you might not mind (and neither do I) the insurance company and corporate lawyers do. Anything to minimize litigation, it's just too bad they don't have signage indicating no single rides in the last fully loaded row as many times for noobs it causes some nice delays and unpleasant conversations for the ops.

Personally to me a 55 year anniversary is yawn, get to 60 and give me a giga. Any major installations would need to see some clearing in the next 4-6 weeks. I'm expecting a re-themed ride, new show, and maybe a flat ride, maybe. The park has installed something new 4 out of the last 5 years(yes I count NTAG as new) and spent a good bit of money on reverse Freeze. I'd like to see something big and new, I 'm just not going to hold my breath.

Edited by chadster

Pandemonium to Jokers Jinx or similar. With Justice League and the refurbished Aquaman right there, it just makes sense.

Makes sense to me--especially if they add a "fun house" queue like they did at Six Flags Mexico.

Pandemonium to Jokers Jinx or similar. With Justice League and the refurbished Aquaman right there, it just makes sense.

Makes sense to me--especially if they add a "fun house" queue like they did at Six Flags Mexico.

And not to mention that the plot where Tony Hawk's big Spin/Pandemonium is now was home to "The Joker's Revenge" coaster before it got shipped to Six Flags New Orleans as "Jester". So i'm all in favor of a proper retheming of Tony Hawk's big Spin/Pandemonium to something relating to the Joker from Batman. (sorry wrong park! I was thinking of SFFT)

Giant's crew was *killing* it yesterday. I rode 6 times in about 30 minutes, which I've never had the privilege of doing on Giant. (It had an effect not unlike certain stimulant drugs. But I still don't see how people do real ERT.) If I get another email survey, they will get massive raves.

Justice League was amusing enough but I wouldn't have waited in the regular line for it. Also please note if you have prescription sunglasses, bring your regulars for JLBFM, as the 3D glasses on top of sunglasses will put you in sheer darkness.

What ^he^ said. Except that they're looking to add additional space, not replace what they have. And that's what I've heard was the plan for that space since they took it over, so I would be surprised if it didn't turn out to be true. I've heard at the very least that the shopping center will be coming down soon because it's in such bad shape.

I love how I post something here about a possible Jokers Jinx re-theme and it lands on multiple other sites. It's just my gut feeling ya'll! I have no 'inside' information. LOL! Seriously, any 'inside' information will NEVER be shared as it's not for me to spill the beans.

I love how I post something here about a possible Jokers Jinx re-theme and it lands on multiple other sites. It's just my gut feeling ya'll! I have no 'inside' information. LOL! Seriously, any 'inside' information will NEVER be shared as it's not for me to spill the beans.

It's funny how little comments can spread. It just kinda proves that your idea just "makes too much sense" for that section of the park!

I know what you mean! I posted on the SFStL thread that my prediction for 2016 would be a Hurricane Harbor expansion. The next day, it was on Screamscape lol! It might have been a coincidence but still lol!

I got to thinking. Scarey, I know. If I were a corporation paying tens of thousands of dollars, if not more, for an event at the park, why in the hell would I want to have my picnic lunch next to a noisy pollution filled highway? Here's a little diesel exhaust to go with that potato salad sir. Would you like a side of idling engine with that roll? And for dessert, how about some obnoxious teenage blaring his moms mini vans shitty factory stereo system.

Common sense would dictate a better alternative would be to move the scrambler to an alternate location(yes where there is a will, there is a way) and build a picnic pavilion in it's space where it is much closer to the commissary and offices. A redo of Titan's queue entry might also be in order for additional capacity. That is, if this long term rumor becomes not a rumor.

Yes. When I first heard that rumor I thought it was a joke but evidently some (like the GM) really likes the idea. What a waste of prime park real estate!!! How about cleaning out the crappy looking bone yard by Titan and putting a corporate venue there. You could even offer a second gate there just for Corporate events. Save the corner for something impressive and sexy... what - that makes too much sense.

you know- with that corner lot built out and tearing down the Bumper car building you could really do something nice with the whole Gotham area.... just saying.

That being said- I know that Corporate events make the Park a lot of money.

I guess I haven't been hoping and praying enough. I've been begging for years now that they would just add another permanent entrance by Titan. They could revamp the picnic pavilion that already exists and add more shops if their only reasoning for not putting an entrance is because there isn't enough ways to spend money available.

I love that Joker's Jinx idea by the way! It does make sense and I would think it's only a matter of time. It'll just depend on if SFoT wants to spend the money to paint the tracks and re-theme it.

I'm honestly just hoping for a few flat rides at this point. Those S&S Swings that Cedar Fair use are so much fun! Or even a giant swing like Maxair at Cedar Point. A few good flat rides could really bring some life to the park.

^The only flats the park will likely get are hand-me-downs from other parks.

We were nice enough to send Flashback to SFSTL, maybe they'll be nice enough

to send us their Excalibur ride. Larson Loop anyone?

Yeah, thanks a lot for your boomerang. I know you guys loved it so much and miss it dearly.

Sorry though, there's no way you're getting Excalibur. With all its issues, corporate would rather scrap it than pass it on to another park (it is an awesome ride, though).