TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

Shock Wave was enjoyable, however I wasn't a big fan of seeing the track sway back and forth as the coaster car ran around the track. I'm aware that the ride is older, but still it was kinda scary.

It has nothing to do with the coasters age. "If it doesn't 'bend' it will break." Most all coasters are designed so that the track can sway. Take a look at videos showing Top Thrill Dragster off ride footage. The track at the base of the tower right after the launch sways back and forth a good 8-12 inches every time a train passes by it, and it is obviously much newer than Shock Wave.

However, I do get what you are saying. I took one of my good friends to the park recently, and she said the same thing about the track swaying on Shock Wave. Regardless of what I told her, she was still freaked out.

Well I mean I don't usually see that on a roller coaster so that's why I wanted to point it out. I was actually pretty surprised with how smooth the ride was

I've got a quick question for locals, or those who frequent the park. I'll be visiting the park for my first time on Tuesday, August 4. I plan to purchase a Flash Pass, as I want to ride everything, especially multiple rides on Texas Giant (double digits would be great). If the crowds are low, but Texas Giant had waits of 20 minutes or so, I would still consider the Flash Pass worth it (specifically for that ride). While it's impossible to predict crowds on a specific day, do you think I should hold off on the Flash Pass until I get there? Like I said, it would be worth it to me unless everything (including Texas Giant) was a walk on. Thanks for the advice. I'm very excited to try my first RMC creation!

-Doug

I've only been once, but when I went NTaG had one of the shorter waits (around 10 minutes on Monday and 25 on Saturday).

Then again, that was also after a rainstorm, so the park wasn't exactly busy. The longest lines were La Vibora and Batman. Titan and NTaG were around 15-25 minutes on Saturday, but it had been raining, so who knows.

I'd consider a FP worth it, just because of the park's rain policies (closed for an hour if there's a light drizzle or if there's a thunderstorm 30 miles away moving in the opposite direction).

NTaG and Judge Roy were my personal favorites, but Shockwave and Titan are definitely worth riding at least once each (both of Titan's helices and Shockwave's loops caused me to get tunnel vision, but it was on hot days and I was probably dehydrated, so I'd recommend doing whatever's necessary to stay hydrated).

Most importantly, don't be afraid to skip credits to get more rides on NTaG

Oh, and have fun.

^^ On a Tuesday in the middle of hotter than hell season, crowds can go either way. However you can safely wait until day of to purchase a flash pass.

Unrelated, last night was the Discover Card sponsored ERT event across the chain. Only advertised as available we Titan, NTAG, and Sidewinder. While Sidewinder is down for needed repairs post flood, it was expected a ride to be substituted, which they did, with the entire Mexico section of the park, something they didn't have to do, but was welcomed by all. So kudos to the park.

Spain Mexico, its all the same to me and the map

https://www.sixflags.com/sites/default/files/sfot_fullmap.pdf

They should have more rides in the Mexico area because it feels useless to have if they just combine it with Spain.

(when I went, all I did with the map was see how to get to NTaG from the entrance, lol)

^got scrapped in 2007.

Flashback didn't get scrapped. It was removed at the end of the 2012 season and relocated to Six Flags St. Louis where it opened in 2013 as the Boomerang.

1914145327_images(1).jpg.87f0d78699338537397d2709ec4bab7b.jpg

Edited by 1badgmc

^got scrapped in 2007.

Flashback didn't get scrapped. It was removed at the end of the 2012 season and relocated to Six Flags St. Louis where it opened in 2013 as the Boomerang.

And then you proceeded to show a picture of Flashback at Six Flags New England instead of the Boomerang operating at SFOT or SFStl...

^got scrapped in 2007.

And then you proceeded to show a picture of Flashback at Six Flags New England instead of the Boomerang operating at SFOT or SFStl...

Fixed. Happy now? I was quick to pull the image from the SFStL thread where they used that image as an illustration of Boomerang's color scheme. White woodie in the background...Boomerang is located in the back near (but not that near) Screaming Eagle. Simple, honest mistake.

^got scrapped in 2007.

Fixed. Happy now? I was quick to pull the image from the SFStL thread where they used that image as an illustration of Boomerang's color scheme. White woodie in the background...Boomerang is located in the back near (but not that near) Screaming Eagle. Simple, honest mistake.

I'm just pulling your leg. It's all good, man!

^got scrapped in 2007.

I'm just pulling your leg. It's all good, man!

I know. Still fixed it, though!!

Standard procedure on all of the coasters in the park since the season after the NTAG accident. It was a rule for the park back in the 90's that went away in the early 00's, the theory being that there are 2 people in the last loaded seat on a train that can see any incident that might happen along the way. A little silly, yes, but it's just something you have to deal with at the park. And, honestly, there's little difference between riding in the last seat or the second to last seat on any of the coasters in the park, including NTAG and Titan.