TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

More breakdowns on JLBFM today. I sure hope they can get all the bugs ironed out of this thing as guests are becoming frustrated.

Right now the ride is breaking down almost

constantly. Today it was down several times and at one point it was down for

nearly three hours.

IMG269.thumb.jpg.a5ff296f054cb309fb5fb2478fd8f082.jpg

Frustrated guests wait for hours as the ride breaks down again.

More breakdowns on JLBFM today. I sure hope they can get all the bugs ironed out of this thing as guests are becoming frustrated.

Right now the ride is breaking down almost

constantly. Today it was down several times and at one point it was down for

nearly three hours.

I was there yesterday with my wife & kids. It was my first trip since the ride opened and after reading of the long lines and breakdowns, we decided to hit it first to try and avoid the issues. We got in line for JLBFM about 9:45 and the ride opened a few minutes after 10:00. By the time we got off the ride, the queue was filling up in a hurry. It's too bad they're having so many issues with it because it is such a cool ride.

Went to SFOT on Thursday to get in my first ride on Justice League. Waited over 1 1/2 hours to ride due to two breakdowns, but it was TOTALLY worth the wait! I can't wait to ride it again!

On another note, with this being my first visit to the park this year, it seems every roller coaster now has the "no single riders in the last row" rule. I was on Freeze by myself in the back row and they made me move to another seat. They also did this on Judge as well, but it isn't exactly the LAST ROW. I know its for safety since the accident on NTAG, but seriously? It would be nice if there was signage in the stations telling you no single riders in the last row.

Has this been in place all year?

I desperately am hoping for a Wing coaster or a Floor-less at our park someday, that our I'd be happy with a ride like Maverick! I would hope that it's understood that our park is in dire need of that next "big thrill". Sky Screamer is nice, but it's not that huge crowd drawing machine with tons of merchandise that everyone will just eat up. Our park really needs that next big thrill machine. I visit a lot of parks and I visited Six Flags Great Adventure and Kings Dominion last week, both first time visits. SFGAV is ran SO much better I felt like I was in a Cedar Fair park. El Toro IS INCREDIBLE by the way if you've never ridden it. KD has I-305 which was also fantastic. Point is, both parks have those attractions that just welcome you when you drive up.

SFOT has both the tallest/fastest coaster in Texas (Titan) and arguably the best (NTaG). However, Titan does not live up to the expectations set by its height and speed and is not very re-rideable. Plus, Texas needs good Intamins.

I'd like to see an Intamin giga more than a wingrider or floorless.

Yeah, and there's no budget for it. Everyone wants a giga at their local Six Flags park, but after the restructuring they stated they would not spend so much on a single attraction anymore. 2006 was the last year for $20+ million coasters at SF parks, at least until some major philosophy or financial changes take place (or new management). Until then, it's off the table.

Hey guys! I will be visiting Six Flags Over Texas on Friday July 3rd and Saturday July 4th. Could you guys give me some info on how many people the park usually draws on the weekends, which rides have the longest lines, and which rides I should go on and which ones I should avoid. Thanks in advance

Good luck. With the 4th being on Saturday, many businesses will observe the holiday on Friday. I believe the park opens early for SP holders Friday through Sunday and they have fireworks all 3 nights. If the weather is good, I would fully expect that to be one of their busiest weekends of the year. Your best bet will be to be there every moment the park is open, be patient, and get the best flash pass you can afford (although that won't give you a huge advantage if the crowds are real crazy).

Yeah, and there's no budget for it. Everyone wants a giga at their local Six Flags park, but after the restructuring they stated they would not spend so much on a single attraction anymore. 2006 was the last year for $20+ million coasters at SF parks, at least until some major philosophy or financial changes take place (or new management). Until then, it's off the table.

Exactly. We always want what we can't have

Good luck. With the 4th being on Saturday, many businesses will observe the holiday on Friday. I believe the park opens early for SP holders Friday through Sunday and they have fireworks all 3 nights. If the weather is good, I would fully expect that to be one of their busiest weekends of the year. Your best bet will be to be there every moment the park is open, be patient, and get the best flash pass you can afford (although that won't give you a huge advantage if the crowds are real crazy).

I was going there Friday afternoon and all day on Saturday. It was the only time I would have been able to travel

I was going there Friday afternoon and all day on Saturday. It was the only time I would have been able to travel

If your headed to the park next weekend you can expect massive crowds. 4th of July is

usually quite mad at SFOT.

Yeah, I get that. You go when you can and make the best of it, but you need to have reasonable expectations for what the crowds will do for your trip. Another wild card might be what the fireworks and laser show does to the rides. A few may have to close early on those 2 days as a result. If I were in your shoes, I would shoot for NTAG and Titan late in the day on Friday, hit Mr. Freeze, B:TR, and Sky Screamer as early as possible on Saturday, and then work your way counter-clockwise through the park. It's not totally unreasonable to think that you could get everything else squeezed in during the early part of your time on Friday and through the remainder of the day on Saturday. If you can't get in the all 3 of those big ones early on Saturday, push one of them to the end of the night. The good news about the time of your visit is that the weather looks good. No rain in the forecast right now and it still looks like temperatures are going to stay in the mid-90s.

If only I knew someone with lots of money! I had to write a business plan for a class in college as a project, and so naturally being a coaster nerd. I made a plan that would essentially be a Cedar Point for Texas! That way the west coast has SFMM, the north east has SFGAV, and obviously Cedar Point in the north...leaves a big hole for a major thrill park in the south, oh well, one can dream...!

More trouble for JLBFM. Just came from the park, I was able to get a ride on JLBFM this

morning when park first opened. However, the ride broke down soon after and was

still down when I left. What's more, the ride I took had problems. The ride vehicles

seemed sluggish at times and not all of the effects appeared to be working. The fog

screen was having issues and the lights in the section with the falling barrels weren't working.

IMG270.thumb.jpg.7581d6c63b0359973ef9f0079ace25b0.jpg

Disappointed guests are turned away.

IMG271.thumb.jpg.4b9384740e6de97957daf31e53f859ad.jpg

Empty queue on JLBFM.

Edited by Sportsdude360

Wow, these things have had so many kinks that I actually feel bad for Six Flags. For once they try to build something with great theming and not cut on features to save money, but it is biting them bad right now. You have to think that we will not see any more of these being built until the kinks on the two the existing models get worked out.