TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

BUT on that note, being as JL was an expensive investment, do you see any new rides for the park next year, or will the next one come in 2017? Keep in mind they have placed new attractions in 4 of the last 5 years.

I would wager on something "small but mighty" in way of "new things" -- Honestly, short of multi-million coaster additions, SFOT has a solid line-up of stuff, IMO. Maybe a refresh of the Loony Toons ride whose name I can't remember...maybe something new in the old Batman Stunt Show/haunt theater?

On the other hand, i wouldn't be surprised if a clone of SFFT's B:TR makes its way to Arlington.

^Yosemite Sams Gold River Adventure? I think it might have suffered the effects of the recent flooding. They had water hoses in there today washing it down.

Yea! I totally blanked on that name. IDK if it was open today, but it definitely was open when I was at the park this past Thursday. I didn't ride it, however.

I agree with the Batman 4D cone. It would complement the park greatly. I mean since the only wooden coaster they have is Judge Roy Scream, a GCI would be cool. I wouldn't say an RMC woodie since the park has an RMC already but some parks have more than one B&M that do similar things.

I am coming back to the park next Tuesday and Wednesday, how bad are the crowds usually, and do they frequently do one train ops. Same question about crowds at Hurricane Harbor, but I imagine that has to do with the weather mainly.

I thought Batman was great but SFFT is so close to SFOT. I much rather they build a different kind of coaster. Perhaps something unique for the original SF park. Although, I don't see a new coaster till a few more years.

^ I don't know, I just don't feel like a floorless would wow the GP for SFOT. Don't get me wrong, I love them, I just feel like SFOT next Coaster should be something that would really make a statement.

A B&M giga like F325 but with more focus on airtime would be cool, and so would a floorless coaster. I think that a 180ft floorless would be awesome, personally.

Unfortunately, park management probably thinks a Larson Loop would be even more awesome.

I've always had a vision that they could re-do the entrance plaza like a lot of Cedar Fair parks are doing and shine it up with a new major ride. I also wish they would make a permanent entrance by Titan like they do when the park is super busy when they make the temporary entrance.

Space is a problem, but with the right ideas, things can be done. I love Titan and Texas Giant, I really do...but if you've ever been to a park like Cedar Point for example...well our rides feel underwhelming in comparison. We have a nice lineup, but being a "flagship park" and Titan being the last "major" roller coaster (I don't count the NTAG, it was innovative and started a chain of renovations around the world, but it didn't add to our lineup) but that was in 2001 for Titan. I personally find it disappointing that after tossing Mr. Freeze, Batman, and Titan all in about a 5 year span, we haven't had a huge bone to chew on since.

Maybe it's just sour grapes on my part and being biased cause I'm a coaster enthusiast; but it got to the point that I've started saving my money to fly to other parks for bigger thrills because locally it's fun, but not OMG THIS IS AWESOME anymore. I'm headed to Great Adventure and King's Dominion in 2 weeks. We'll see what happens, but in the coaster front, we've been pretty neglected while Magic Mountain competed with Cedar Point on coaster count for the past decade.

So would it be like 30 min waits or what? Just wondering of they would do assigned seating on NTAG or not.
I was just there a few weeks ago and they did not. I doubt it has changed since then.

So would it be like 30 min waits or what? Just wondering of they would do assigned seating on NTAG or not.
I was just there a few weeks ago and they did not. I doubt it has changed since then.

Okay, that is good! And I forgot from my last visit. Do they let you place like your bag in the station while you ride?

Okay, that is good! And I forgot from my last visit. Do they let you place like your bag in the station while you ride?

Yes, every major attraction but Justice League has a place for you bags.

I rode JL: BFM five times as a single rider on Sunday- never waited more than 5 minutes. Single rider line is awesome!!! I am not thrilled with the "pour your drink out" thing though. It seems like they could come up with a better solution that that......

i dont understand why SFStL doesn't have the single rider queue, as it sounds like it makes a drastic difference.

EDIT: v Because they dont have any at all, I feared when it was under construction that this might once again be the case.

Edited by RollerManic