TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

I think you got a bit confused on the term "mini-hyper". An Intamin "Mega-Lite" was what is being referred to. Think Maverick at Cedar Point. It's a mega-lite Intamin, lots of speed without that much height, low to the ground G-Forces, lot's of quick transitions, and maybe a bonus launch towards the end like Maverick. It's easily one of their best rides they've built.

Holy Moses the park is hella crowded today. So many school groups and what not. The entire entry plaza is full and the park has been open for an hour. They also have the 2ndary entrance under bobsled open as well.

Oddly though, even despite how busy the park is, they do not have the parking lot shuttles running.

It's like cheerleader day or something, good luck with the crowds!

Incidentally I've usually not seen the parking tram run until at least an hour after park opening, it's part of the Get Healthy Texas initiative.

I suppose the health initiative make sense, if only they would designate walking paths with people so that they wouldn't get squished. I almost ran over several people who were walking right down the middle of the road rather than crossing it, and they were angry at me for driving 5 miles an hour. Apparently even that is too fast LOL

Add to the crowds, I actually basically gave up before I even really got started, as I really was only really wanting to ride Judge Roy to see how the retracting went. Obviously I try and squeeze in a ride with the Giant, and Titan. Considering that I accidentally left my pass at home, I spent an hour or so in line with guest relations to get a new one, and then when I got to the full Plaza, I was like screw this. I can come back another day LOL.

I think you got a bit confused on the term "mini-hyper". An Intamin "Mega-Lite" was what is being referred to. Think Maverick at Cedar Point. It's a mega-lite Intamin, lots of speed without that much height, low to the ground G-Forces, lot's of quick transitions, and maybe a bonus launch towards the end like Maverick. It's easily one of their best rides they've built.

That's a Blitz Coaster.

This Is A Mega Lite

Why a Mega-lite? It is fun and unique. I believe that Wing Riders will be viewed as a one trick pony in a few years. A Wing Rider would be unique to Texas and that would be great. They seem to need a lot of space and I am not sure that there is that much space in Gotham even with the strip mall removal.

What I don't want is a low capacity - Super hero themed ride- like Superman at SFDL. We can build anything- a Mega Lite included and call it a DC name. These things being said I bet we do get a Wing Rider in 17 and that will be OK - I was just hoping for something more entertaining.

I'm planning to visit the park on Tuesday, June 16, or Wednesday, June 17. My interest is in the coasters. What kind of crowd should I expect? Are there any tips for making the most of my time at the park? Thanks!

That's the 2nd full week after school is out for most of the area, so I wouldn't expect overwhelming crowds in the middle of the week. That's also the last 2 weekdays during June where the park closes at 9:00pm. Even still, as long as you start early and move with purpose, you shouldn't have any problem getting to everything. I like going counter-clockwise hitting the B:TR/Mr. Freeze/Skyscreamer end of the park first and finishing on the end with Titan and NTAG. You just have to remember to jog back into the center of the park at some point for Runaway Mountain. La Vibora tends to have a long wait regardless of the overall crowd, so I recommend using the single rider line.

I like going counter-clockwise hitting the B:TR/Mr. Freeze/Skyscreamer end of the park first and finishing on the end with Titan and NTAG. You just have to remember to jog back into the center of the park at some point for Runaway Mountain.

You could also start out counter-clockwise with Gotham and Goodtimes rides, head up the midway and over to Runaway Mountain, and then continue on to NTG/Titan before finishing off with Shockwave and Superman. This also gives you the opportunity to take a look at the new Justice League building

I'm going to SFOT for my first time Friday, May 15th. We're going to try to do it without flash passes since this will be a day that kids will still be in school. I'm hoping crowds will be lite. Any suggestions on what to ride first and what to save for last due to lines? Since we're only getting one day here, and without flash passes, I would like to ride all the long line rides first when the park opens to avoid the lines. For things that the lines move faster on, I'll hit them last. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I would probably err on the side of hitting Mr. Freeze and B:TR first and then follow up with Runaway Mountain. Outside of that, the rest of the lines are likely to be manageable or at least more manageable than those 3 will be later in the day. Someone would probably make an argument that hitting up La Vibora early is smart, but you can get around that with the single rider line. Even though schools are still in, you're highly likely to be faced dealing with a lot of school field trip groups, especially on a Friday. For the most part, they'll start bailing out late in the afternoon. The park is open from 10 to 10 that day, so getting through everything without a flash pass should work out for you.

I would probably err on the side of hitting Mr. Freeze and B:TR first and then follow up with Runaway Mountain. Outside of that, the rest of the lines are likely to be manageable or at least more manageable than those 3 will be later in the day. Someone would probably make an argument that hitting up La Vibora early is smart, but you can get around that with the single rider line. Even though schools are still in, you're highly likely to be faced dealing with a lot of school field trip groups, especially on a Friday. For the most part, they'll start bailing out late in the afternoon. The park is open from 10 to 10 that day, so getting through everything without a flash pass should work out for you.

Appreciate the help.

Heading out to the park in a few days, and just wanted to check and see if any of you might know the answer to my question. We purchased THE FLASH Pass Platinum, and are really looking forward to our visit. Especially considering the friend I am taking has never been! I know the current rides listed as available for THE FLASH Pass are:

AQUAMAN Splashdown

BATMAN The Ride

Chaparral Antique Cars

El Asseradero

JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis

La Vibora

MR. FREEZE: Reverse Blast

New Texas Giant

Pandemonium

Roaring Rapids

Runaway Mountain

SUPERMAN: Tower of Power

Texas SkyScreamer

Titan

Yosemite Sam and the Gold River Adventure

My question is (even though not listed because they may not be "Major" attractions,) has anyone been to the park and noticed if Judge Roy Scream, or La Vibrator has a THE FLASH Pass line? If not what time of day would be best to hit up those two rides? Considering we will probably only end up riding each of those once.

EDIT: Also, now that New Texas Giant is finally on THE FLASH Pass where as before it was only with Platinum and you had to make a reservation with an employee in THE FLASH Pass building at the time you purchased THE FLASH Pass... does anyone know if you can use THE FLASH Pass for New Texas Giant just like any other coaster? Where you can make reservations for it more than once in during your visit?

Heading out to the park in a few days, and just wanted to check and see if any of you might know the answer to my question. We purchased THE FLASH Pass Platinum, and are really looking forward to our visit. Especially considering the friend I am taking has never been! I know the current rides listed as available for THE FLASH Pass are:

AQUAMAN Splashdown

BATMAN The Ride

Chaparral Antique Cars

El Asseradero

JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis

La Vibora

MR. FREEZE: Reverse Blast

New Texas Giant

Pandemonium

Roaring Rapids

Runaway Mountain

SUPERMAN: Tower of Power

Texas SkyScreamer

Titan

Yosemite Sam and the Gold River Adventure

My question is (even though not listed because they may not be "Major" attractions,) has anyone been to the park and noticed if Judge Roy Scream, or La Vibrator has a THE FLASH Pass line? If not what time of day would be best to hit up those two rides? Considering we will probably only end up riding each of those once.

EDIT: Also, now that New Texas Giant is finally on THE FLASH Pass where as before it was only with Platinum and you had to make a reservation with an employee in THE FLASH Pass building at the time you purchased THE FLASH Pass... does anyone know if you can use THE FLASH Pass for New Texas Giant just like any other coaster? Where you can make reservations for it more than once in during your visit?

La Vibrator (La Vibora) is on The Flash Pass and shares an entry point with the single rider line opposite end of the regular line near the photo hut. Judge Roy can pretty much be ridden whenever, the lines rarely get over 15 minutes long, if and they do its a hellishly busy day in which case just wait until after 8pm.

Keep in mind that Justice League will not be open if you are going in a few days and on Titan you are not allowed to ride twice under the Plat Pass. On Titan you can inform the FP rep who should allow you to get straight back in line. I believe there is one other ride that follows the same protocol now, but can't remember what it is, it might be Texas Giant(which now works like the others). On a Plat Pass you likely won't wait more than 15 minutes to have a re-ride time, just remember that as soon as it's scanned at the ride to queue up the next ride.

La Vibrator (La Vibora) is on The Flash Pass and shares an entry point with the single rider line opposite end of the regular line near the photo hut. Judge Roy can pretty much be ridden whenever, the lines rarely get over 15 minutes long, if and they do its a hellishly busy day in which case just wait until after 8pm.

Keep in mind that Justice League will not be open if you are going in a few days and on Titan you are not allowed to ride twice under the Plat Pass. On Titan you can inform the FP rep who should allow you to get straight back in line. I believe there is one other ride that follows the same protocol now, but can't remember what it is, it might be Texas Giant(which now works like the others). On a Plat Pass you likely won't wait more than 15 minutes to have a re-ride time, just remember that as soon as it's scanned at the ride to queue up the next ride.

Awesome, just the information I was looking for! Thank you.

I don't know if all the Fridays before daily operations will be like this, but the park was just about perfect today. I got there around 3 as the field trips were slowly departing; all the signs said 10-8 so maybe it was open to the public all day, but the website said 2-8. Anyway, preferred parking was open and Flash Pass was closed. Titan didn't even have a person watching for go-arounds. Everything was virtually a walk-on turning into re-rides as the day got longer. Except for NTAG, where they were taking their sweet time, unfortunately. Oh well, I can hardly complain about one thing, and I think I'm going to make the first Friday in May a yearly occasion.

^Yeah, that's pretty typical during the school year, once the groups leave, the cats will play. I believe it was science day or something so the schools have free reign until 2pm at which time they open to the public.

Incidentally today over at AT&T Stadium is the annual Draft Party, free to the public, has a small selection of rides, cheerleader photo op, player autograph op, and other activities from 11-5. So if you're going to the park today, might as well stop by.

I don't know if all the Fridays before daily operations will be like this, but the park was just about perfect today. I got there around 3 as the field trips were slowly departing; all the signs said 10-8 so maybe it was open to the public all day, but the website said 2-8. Anyway, preferred parking was open and Flash Pass was closed. Titan didn't even have a person watching for go-arounds. Everything was virtually a walk-on turning into re-rides as the day got longer. Except for NTAG, where they were taking their sweet time, unfortunately. Oh well, I can hardly complain about one thing, and I think I'm going to make the first Friday in May a yearly occasion.

Yeah I showed up about 1:45 and thought the same thing about the times...dirty liars lol. I really wish they would get it together on NTAG, I enjoyed some Batman and Titan rides, but man, I could only stomach one line of NTAG. When I got in line, I was all they down by the flash pass gate entrance...almost 45 minutes later I was on the ride...I was so annoyed. Where I only had to wait 4 or 5 runs of Titan to get front seat. Good day for some re-rides on the other stuff though.

Forgive the ignorance of a non-Texan, but what's the deal with NTAG's trains these days? Didn't the park remove a car from each train near the end of last season? Was that temporary (for some reason I remember people thinking it was due to weather...)? Is the park still experimenting with continuous loading?

Forgive the ignorance of a non-Texan, but what's the deal with NTAG's trains these days? Didn't the park remove a car from each train near the end of last season? Was that temporary (for some reason I remember people thinking it was due to weather...)? Is the park still experimenting with continuous loading?

Everything is back to normal. Even the sometimes terrible operations.

^ Is the annoying ("plus-sized") girl still working the control panel and mic, singing "She'll Be Coming 'Round the Mountain" and all kinds of other annoying songs over and over, and saying whatever other odd thoughts come to her mind, plus picking out people (read: men) to make fun of?