TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

And hopefully it will never be seen at the park again...

Amen. I'm glad to hear it's a chassis they're rotating throughout the chain, that way only one good ride can be ruined at a time.

Agreed, I'm not that on board with the flipping around rides fad. I was okay with Mr. Freeze being flipped around for a few years, now I'm almost ready for it to be turned around again. The last few rows is a great ride, but...I don't know. I get in line and sometimes desire to see out the tunnel. It's a shame they won't flip one of the trains around so you can choose.

Why is backwards Batman (or Namtab, whatever it's called) a bad thing? I'm a bit nervous to ride it this year (at GAdv) because I'm worried it will make me nauseous, and Batman forwards already makes me a little sick. Is it nausea-inducing or just bad for some other reason?

Why is backwards Batman (or Namtab, whatever it's called) a bad thing? I'm a bit nervous to ride it this year (at GAdv) because I'm worried it will make me nauseous, and Batman forwards already makes me a little sick. Is it nausea-inducing or just bad for some other reason?

I never made it to SFOT to ride Namtab last year. Not that I feel I missed anything. Coasters going backwards (especially through inversions) has always unsettled my stomach. As I get closer to 40, I'm more sensitive to some rides and Batman turns my stomach a little bit. I had no interest in seeing how Namtab would sit with my body.

These Batman clones, while fun, are intense for a lot of folks. I didn't have a problem because I've got an iron stomach. I'll tell you that my fiancee who has to take Dramamine to ride comfortably, hate it backwards because it is more churning. Even if you've ridden hundreds of times, the elements get you a little bit, and I personally found it a bit more uncomfortable. I liked it, but it wasn't a OMG I MUST DO! Every time I went to the park.

Take it for what it's worth, it's different, so you might as well try it, but if this was Roller Coaster Tycoon, the going backwards makes the Intensity Rating go from 7.58 to 8.30

Yeah I actually started taking Dramamine this past summer because it started getting to the point where I would need to take a half hour break after riding a coaster and if I went on something as intense as Batman I'd almost throw up or come off the ride really pale. Since I've used dramamine I've had no problems, but Backwards Batman is still something I'd only want to try once or twice.

Yeah I actually started taking Dramamine this past summer because it started getting to the point where I would need to take a half hour break after riding a coaster and if I went on something as intense as Batman I'd almost throw up or come off the ride really pale. Since I've used dramamine I've had no problems, but Backwards Batman is still something I'd only want to try once or twice.

Have you experienced any kind of intense drowsiness as a side effect? With Namtab coming to Great Adventure, I've thought about taking it, but I'm not sure it'd be worth it if I was going to be really tired all day.

Have you experienced any kind of intense drowsiness as a side effect? With Namtab coming to Great Adventure, I've thought about taking it, but I'm not sure it'd be worth it if I was going to be really tired all day.

I've used Bonine and just Wal-Mart generic motion sickness pills that are non-drowsy.

There is also Non-Drowsy Dramamine. Seems to work for the softer stomachs that travel with me

Because it turned a great ride into a good ride. The best part was going up the lift hill backwards, after that it just becomes blah. Whereas Mr. Freeze RB turned a good right into a great ride. Launching backwards adds to the experience where freefalling backwards just does nada. Was it more intense? I didn't think so but I'm sure science would disagree with me. I could have ridden it for three hours straight on preview night, but most people were one or two and done. I fell into that category and was all, ok that was cool, off to Giant. I think I rode it one other time last season outside of preview night and only because there was no line.

First time I took it I took any medication it was an extra strength Bonine - I nearly fell asleep while in line for rides a couple times. But now I've switched to the standard over-the-counter Dramamine and don't have problems with it. And there are non-drowsy motion sickness options available as well. If you've ever felt a bit sick riding Batman I'd recommend it for Namtab if it's as bad as folks say. Keep in mind it usually takes about a half hour to kick in and you should eat some food before taking it.

Because it turned a great ride into a good ride. The best part was going up the lift hill backwards, after that it just becomes blah. Whereas Mr. Freeze RB turned a good right into a great ride. Launching backwards adds to the experience where freefalling backwards just does nada. Was it more intense? I didn't think so but I'm sure science would disagree with me.

I've heard mixed things about Mr. Freeze RB but it looks very cool nonetheless. Since it was designed to run backwards either way it makes sense. But yeah Batman the Ride is already great as it is. If this was a permanent change I could see people being upset, but I don't mind it as a seasonal change. I only plan on riding it once or twice anyway

Visited the park today. Went extra early since it was "season pass appreciation" weekend and they claimed they'd be letting only season pass holders in an hour early to ride Titan and Texas Giant. Well, Titan was down and after entering the park not a soul was checking to see if anyone had season passes, so I'm pretty sure they were just letting everyone in to ride the Giant and the line definitely reflected that. I went to leave a complaint (and was handed a form to write my complaint down myself instead of just telling guest relations). Afterwards I was told everyone they let enter the park had season passes, which was just nonsense since I didn't see them holding anyone back at the front entrance. Pretty sure security usually checks at the gates in Mexico/Texas but that was not happening. Sigh...

Other than that it was a super packed day. Got to Freeze right at opening for a walk-on and did a few more rides. Justice League is progressing nicely. Left around noon and overflow was rapidly filling up. Ironically Flash Pass had the longest line I'd ever seen.

freeze1.thumb.jpg.41ebd899a893250a2dc60808063d1f25.jpg

Freeze was running well. Was a bit worried after I heard about all the downtime it's been having.

freeze2.thumb.jpg.9d9313fe654d8025d79b88b9aecd99e4.jpg

frontline1.thumb.jpg.5d6364e78f8129d912578293f37e3b62.jpg

Front line madness.

justiceleague1.thumb.jpg.6d38ffd1de90331fd5def720accc76c2.jpg

Finished the front part of the ride!

justiceleague2.thumb.jpg.91d1394d1a2b5352af0b9a8415b7e1f0.jpg

Looks nice. Hopefully they'll finally repaint the big building part to get rid of the Right Stuff's last remnant.

justiceleague3.thumb.jpg.c18c8fbbfea8e9b806433acc836ae39e.jpg

Queue line I presume?

line2.thumb.jpg.3c9d88ad38a6fd1fc4b4cb91a79cb3df.jpg

More front line madness.

turtles.thumb.jpg.dce82abf2417b7a6c918501b2b568504.jpg

Turtles basking on a warm spring day.

batsignal.thumb.jpg.06a71c969f3826826789b97eb48d3db0.jpg

Batsignal!!!!!!!!!!

It's at my home park right now, I've never had a problem with forward Batman, but the backwards one is so disorienting I almost lost my lunch, if the forward one makes you queasy, I'm sure the backwards one will as well, but it might not.

The hall of justice is coming along nicely! Are they going to extend that facade to cover the rest of the building or are they leaving the siding as it already is (that good ol' Six Flags plain metal)?

It's at my home park right now, I've never had a problem with forward Batman, but the backwards one is so disorienting I almost lost my lunch, if the forward one makes you queasy, I'm sure the backwards one will as well, but it might not.

Oh I'm sure it will make me queasy at the very least, but I'll try anything once!

First time I took it I took any medication it was an extra strength Bonine - I nearly fell asleep while in line for rides a couple times. But now I've switched to the standard over-the-counter Dramamine and don't have problems with it. And there are non-drowsy motion sickness options available as well. If you've ever felt a bit sick riding Batman I'd recommend it for Namtab if it's as bad as folks say. Keep in mind it usually takes about a half hour to kick in and you should eat some food before taking it.

That's weird, I'm the complete opposite with those two. Bonine does nothing for my sleep wise (doesn't really help with my motion sickness either), and Dramamine knocks me out like nothing else.

Edited by jray21

That's weird, I'm the complete opposite with those two. Bonine does nothing for my sleep wise (doesn't really help with my motion sickness either), and Dramamine knocks me out like nothing else.

Yeah Bonine was not nearly as effective in treating my motion sickness so I always use Dramamine. And yeah it's weird because when I took Bonine it knocked me out even though I had a good night's sleep before taking it. But I once used Dramamine after only getting 2 or 3 hours of sleep and had no problem that day. I think I've just gotten adjusted to it so the drowsiness isn't as noticeable now. Also when I took Bonine I was on other medication at the time so it might have just been the combination of it all that made me so tired

The Hall of Justice facade looks good. I'm as intrigued by this ride as I am by any new coasters this year.

Same! I really hope the rest of the building gets the same treatment as the fancy new facade! This attraction could be a game changer for Six Flags which has always struggled with theming and dark rides in my opinion.

Anyone have any experience with waits for Judge Roy? April 11 will be my family's first visit and after reviewing all the rollercoasters in the park I feel this will be my little girl's favorite. Was hoping to head there right at park opening and ride as many times as possible within the first hour of the park being open. Anyone know how many rides to expect. My little girl loves to ride the same ride over and over and over. In Feb we rode Expedition Everest 8 times in a row at Animal Kingdom before the lines built to much. Hoping to do the same with Judge Roy.

After that we are going to go give Runaway Mountain a try. Hoping the lines want be to bad with the park having only been open for an hour or so.

Once last thing, I looked at several different maps of SFOT and it appears Judge Roy is on the outside of the park. How in the world do you access this coaster? I am also assuming this ride is operating. as soon as the park is open.

Judge Roy shouldn't be too bad at open. Most Guests run to Titan, Giant or Batman. Lines for the Judge move pretty fast. Runaway Mountain lines are fairly slow. I would ride it early as well. She will probably like the Mine Train also.

Judge Roy Scream is built along the entrance Lake. The entrance for the ride goes through a Tunnel that goes under the entrance road. When you enter the front gate go right. Keep going right. Go around the Candy Store to the right, cross the tracks and continue left, then stay to the right at Cloud Bouncer. The entrance Tunnel is next to the Texas Sky Screamer. There is a huge sign at the entrance Tunnel.

Your Daughter may also enjoy Pandemonium. If she is a little adventurous- she might warm up to Shockwave. It looks intimidating but is very smooth and fun.

I hope you have a Great Day with lots of Sun, Fun and small crowds! Enjoy!

Anyone have any experience with waits for Judge Roy? April 11 will be my family's first visit and after reviewing all the rollercoasters in the park I feel this will be my little girl's favorite. Was hoping to head there right at park opening and ride as many times as possible within the first hour of the park being open. Anyone know how many rides to expect. My little girl loves to ride the same ride over and over and over. In Feb we rode Expedition Everest 8 times in a row at Animal Kingdom before the lines built to much. Hoping to do the same with Judge Roy.

After that we are going to go give Runaway Mountain a try. Hoping the lines want be to bad with the park having only been open for an hour or so.

Once last thing, I looked at several different maps of SFOT and it appears Judge Roy is on the outside of the park. How in the world do you access this coaster? I am also assuming this ride is operating. as soon as the park is open.

If you make Judge your first ride at park opening, you will likely get to sit on it for 15 or 20 minutes racking up 4-6 runs.