TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

Wasn't Rockin Rocket moved to SFoT from Astroworld when that shut down (at Astroworld it was Looping Starship).

I thought it was the same ride, and they just re-themed it to ACME/LooneyTunes?

not correct?

^I though that Six Flags over Texas bought the Rockin' Rocket new in 2006.

Just double-checked on Wiki (if you believe what's posted), and per the "Looping Starship" page

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Looping_Starship

my memory is correct -- SFoT took Looping Starship from Astroworld when it closed (hence the 2006 opening, as Astroworld closed in 2005), and added on a new Chassis (ACME Arrow instead of the Starship).

so really, the ride was from 1986 when it was installed in Astroworld.

making it 28 years old. . maybe that's why they scrapped it?

^O.K. now I get it, so it's the old Looping Starship ride from Six Flags Astroworld. So with the Rockin' Rocket gone, how many Looping Starships are left now?

Per the Wiki page, that would leave 6 rides of this type still operating (themed to either Space Shuttle, pirate ships, or an Egyptian barge)

I didn't mind this ride, but if it had a long line, I was happy to skip it. Those restraints were not comfortable at all! I really am hoping and praying that our park blows up the arena where the old stunt shows used to be, and even maybe scrap the music arena and build some flat rides along with a new major roller coaster in that area. Our park is getting a good dark ride, which I'm happy about, but, we REALLY need some more exciting flat rides. I enjoy Holiday in the Park, but time like last year when TG was down from the accident, Shockwave was down needing that part from over-seas, and during HiTP when Batman and Mr. Freeze close every year, the park lacks some punch.

But in some good news, if you've been to the park recently, have you all noticed Titan running really well? I've gone 4 times in the last few weeks just to get some rides on it and TG (assuming ride ops aren't making the line a mile long) and it's been running faster and producing more G's then I've experienced in a while on it. I've been pleasantly happy with my rides on Titan lately, even though I ride it like 50 times a year.

I agree- some flats would be nice. We need "Adult or Thrill" flats, not Family flats. One in France, One or two in the old Stunt Arena (leaving the Arena, add the flats and make it unique). If Conquisidor is leaving- we will need one there. We have some rides that "should" be on their way out as well: La Vibora, Antique Cars and maybe even Judge. our Streets look terrible and paint is peeling on many buildings. We need some love- doubt we will get it- but we need it.

I agree- some flats would be nice. We need "Adult or Thrill" flats, not Family flats. One in France, One or two in the old Stunt Arena (leaving the Arena, add the flats and make it unique). If Conquisidor is leaving- we will need one there. We have some rides that "should" be on their way out as well: La Vibora, Antique Cars and maybe even Judge. our Streets look terrible and paint is peeling on many buildings. We need some love- doubt we will get it- but we need it.

Yeah, our park I feel is in need of a good makeover, some buildings need new paint, the old stunt show arena is looking old for sure. There's some great ideas that many of us can come up with for the park, but we're not qualified as enthusiasts who pay attention to detail.

"There's some great ideas that many of us can come up with for the park, but we're not qualified as enthusiasts who pay attention to detail. " If your point is that you work for the Park or you are an insider and nobody else knows anything- you are wrong. Anybody can see peeling paint and bad asphalt. In fact I have had a long relationship with Six Flags in its better days- not really an enthusiast.. I hear lots of comments by the GP about how dated the Park is. I know it takes money but gee.. spend some on maintenance would ya!

Thanks though for the support!

I guess my point is that I love the place... I just hate to see in such bad repair. This is not directed at Mr. Martindale or anyone like that. Corp hands out the cash and there is only so much to go around. I get it. I have seen improvements. I would just like to see the place be what it could be.

I guess I am unrealistic.

Went to the park Sunday to get some various video footage and the lines just to get in the park were insane. By far the worst I've ever seen. The gate lines filled the ENTIRE entry plaza and they even opened a supplemental entrance "gate" underneath bobsled, which I'd never seen before. I think people were taking advantage of the season pass offers for next year as they appeared to be a major slowdown.

Not to mention once inside the park, the lines for season pass processing were just as crazy. They ran all the way across the front gate fountain area all the way to the Mercado gift shop. I had to cut through the line just to exit the park. I took video of the entry lines and I'll have to post it if I remember to...

Went to the park Sunday to get some various video footage and the lines just to get in the park were insane. By far the worst I've ever seen. The gate lines filled the ENTIRE entry plaza and they even opened a supplemental entrance "gate" underneath bobsled, which I'd never seen before. I think people were taking advantage of the season pass offers for next year as they appeared to be a major slowdown.

Not to mention once inside the park, the lines for season pass processing were just as crazy. They ran all the way across the front gate fountain area all the way to the Mercado gift shop. I had to cut through the line just to exit the park. I took video of the entry lines and I'll have to post it if I remember to...

We went yesterday and it was insane!! We saw that "express entrance." And used it as it said for existing season pass holders and one day tickets only. Nearly 30 minutes later (so much for express), after more and more people were there processing, and naturally their scanners had trouble reading the print outs, which meant calling for help with each one, we finally got to the scanner. Naturally, it doesn't recognize my friend's finger print and so we get sent to will call (another line). She gets a new pass, and we went to the main gate this time and was in the park in 5 minutes!! Express should just be for season pass holders. They used to have a line dedicated for season pass holders only. Of course that was before we had to get searched to go in. You just flashed your pass and went on. It took us a good hour to get into the park and into Texas Giant's line. And thankfully before it hit the 2 hour wait mark.

Hello! Just got back from a short day at SFOT on the 30th. I didn't ride many rides because the of the lines, and I wasn't there very long. But here is my review.

Titan - First ride of the day. Always had a short line. Ride ops were OK. I am probably not the first to notice this, but they put seatbelts on it (Gee, I wonder why?), and I was informed that you cannot ride in the back row by yourself. My guess is that in case something were to happen to someone, they want to have a witness and that's why this rule is in place. Also, backrow on Titan is awesome! However, I have a question that I wish some one could answer. Who makes replacement parts for Titan (and Goliath at SFMM)? Giovanola isn't around anymore. My guess would be B&M. Also, I wish that more of those 2x3 cars were made. I really like them. I also wish the drop wasn't so straight so people in the front could get more airtime on it.

New Texas Giant - Long line, kind of slow moving. Really fun. But after riding Iron Rattler, it is not as impressive as it used to be.

Runaway Mountain - Really enjoyed it. It was indoors, so it didn't freeze you face off like the other coasters.

So that was what I rode at SFOT. Like I said, I wasn't there very long. Just wanted to get some rides in.