TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

-I'm behind a bit on here, but yeah they backed up the Dragster train in maintenance mode and loaded it. I was only surprised because I'm used to Six Flags methods. This occurred with Dragster about 4 hours after opening.

-No fooling on the stack out. I think I've complained on every season pass survey this season about not running 3 trains and how pathetic their operations are. It's sad really...

Just so there is no confusion, Red train came out of rehab with 6 cars, in fact I rode it that weekend, in 'the' seat. The trains were shortened a few weeks later for undisclosed reasons.

My guess, they needed a part, and with the law suit going on, certain non-stock parts might be hard to come by, if you know what I mean.

news_battleformetropolisstl.jpg.74e22e9059d9371e0e665461b7728eb8.jpg

Sally Corporation's new action-packed interactive dark ride, "Justice League: Battle For Metropolis," is set to open in 2015 at both Six Flags Over Texas and Six Flags St. Louis. This thrilling new attraction will bring the world`s most famous super heroes to life...battling alongside park guests as they fight to defeat two of the most feared villains in the DC Universe, The Joker and Lex Luthor.

B2vHINYCAAANGLp.jpg-large.thumb.jpeg.bf62eccd41f7007bc4dec3f70b07b0c2.jpeg

The Joker animatronic for the @SallyCorp @SixFlags Justice League: Battle for Metropolis 4D ride has been unveiled!

[fbvideo]

[/fbvideo] Edited by jray21

SFOT settles lawsuit with family over NTAG accident

www.wfaa.com/story/news/local/tarrant-county/2014/11/18/settlement-in-six-flags-roller-coaster-tragedy/19244163/

Six Flags Over Texas has reached a settlement with the family of Rosy Esparza. She fell to her death from the Texas Giant roller coaster on July 26, 2013.

Details of the settlement were not revealed.

The family's attorney said only they are very pleased and appreciate the condolences offered by Six Flags and the ride's manufacturer.

Better article:

BY BARRY SHLACHTER

barry@star-telegram.com

Six Flags Over Texas and the German roller-coaster maker Gerstlauer have reached a settlement with the family of Rosa Esparza, the 52-year-old woman who was killed when she was thrown from the Texas Giant in Arlington last year, the company said Tuesday. Terms were not disclosed.

“Our deepest condolences, thoughts and prayers will forever be with the Esparza family,” said Steve Martindale, president of Six Flags Over Texas. “We are thankful that all parties could reach an agreed settlement.”

“The Esparza family is very pleased with the settlement and appreciates the condolences offered by Six Flags and (German manufacturer) Gerstlauer,” the family’s lawyers, Frank Branson and Garret Chambers, said in a statement released by the park.

The settlement ends a drawn-out legal battle. Esparza’s family filed a lawsuit two months after the accident against Grand Prairie-based Six Flags Entertainment Corp. and three other Six Flags-related entities, as well as Gerstlauer Amusement Rides, the 60-employee company based in Münsterhausen. Six Flags and Gerstlauer filed cross claims, blaming each other for the accident.

All sides attempted to settle the case through mediation. It didn’t work, and a three-sided court fight ensued until Tuesday’s settlement was announced.

Esparza was thrown about 75 feet from the ride in the early evening of July 19, 2013, as her daughter and son-in-law sat in front of her. It was her first visit to the amusement park. The family’s suit said Esparza was upside down in her seat and holding on for “dear life” before she fell to her death.

Following the accident, the ride was immediately shut down before reopening in September after an investigation by Six Flags found no mechanical failure was involved. Six Flags added redesigned restraint-bar pads provided by the manufacturer, as well as seat belts, and began providing a coaster seat at the ride’s entrance so guests can test whether they fit safely into the cars.

Gerstlauer had alleged that Six Flags employees failed to properly secure Esparza and to stop the ride when operators thought the restraint bar was not in its proper position. For its part, Six Flags alleged the ride was defective and dangerous, and that it followed all the recommended operational and maintenance procedures as spelled out by Gerstlauer, even at the time of the accident.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/11/18/6299314/six-flags-settles-lawsuit-over.html#storylink=cpy

This was exactly what I envisioned. This scenario has played out many times. Both SF and Gerts just finally payout and get it over with. I am glad the Family can get some closure. I doubt that the settlement was $1,000,000. I would bet it was more than that. The Family's Attorney originally said they had requested a settlement of at least 1,000,000. Glad it is over. Hopefully everyone learned from this situation.

I was wondering the other day if the rumors about Rocking Rocket going away are true. I am sure it would be to make room for JL... I thought maybe that attraction would fit nicely at the old spot for the bungee upcharge by the Shockwave. That area needs another attraction- just thinking out loud!

I know a couple pages back that it was stated that the park is extremely busy on a December Saturday. I have two questions

1- does the temperature effect the crowds

2- how long do the lines get.

Also I will be there on Friday the twelfth when it opens at five.mwhat will the crowds be like then?

You're pretty safe from horrendous crowds going on a Friday night a full week before schools get out in the area. I've never known the weather to have a huge impact on the HIP crowds unless it is exceptionally cold (in the 30's) all day and into the night or if there's rain. There may be longer lines for the more popular rides that normally get long lines, but many will be near walk on most of the time. I typically avoid the week before Christmas and the days between Christmas and New Years since that tends to be the busiest time. We went on a week day after the HIP event ended last year and the lines were almost non-existent. I think I waited 20 minutes for NTAG in the middle of the day.

You're pretty safe from horrendous crowds going on a Friday night a full week before schools get out in the area. I've never known the weather to have a huge impact on the HIP crowds unless it is exceptionally cold (in the 30's) all day and into the night or if there's rain. There may be longer lines for the more popular rides that normally get long lines, but many will be near walk on most of the time. I typically avoid the week before Christmas and the days between Christmas and New Years since that tends to be the busiest time. We went on a week day after the HIP event ended last year and the lines were almost non-existent. I think I waited 20 minutes for NTAG in the middle of the day.

Yea I didn't expect much crowds for a Friday. id expect the People would by like lets wait for a full day. At least I will get most of the rides in.

Well im still concerned about my size. Is Titan not large rider friendly? also does it have airtime on hat hill. I'm sure you guys think I'm quite annoying by now but I just have a lot of questions.

Apparently, there is now a sign out in front of Rockin' Rocket saying it'll be back for 2015. I'm led to believe that the queue line is moving for the new JL attraction. I wasn't able to get a picture of the sign, but was anyone else there over the weekend and can confirm? I do love the progress they have made with the new attraction! Can't wait until 2015 to ride it! Hopefully, we won't have to wait until Summer before it opens...

Also, I attended the opening of Holiday in the Park on Friday night. Arrived at 5 and the lot was 95% full. The weather was beautiful and everyone apparently took advantage of the wonderful weather to attend the park. The park is decorated beautifully across the entire park with Christmas music booming throughout each area of the park. Operations is still seeming to be a problem because most everything (except for Shockwave) was running far below capacity for a busy Friday night. The shortest line I saw all night was for Shockwave which was running both trains leaving the station every 2-3 mins. Granted I would have love to have ridden more rides, but I was at the park to enjoy HITP.

I love this time of the year at the park and I can't wait to go back for some more HITP!