TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

^Them's fightin' words my friend

Seriously - I doubt they would do anything with Shockwave. I know plenty of enthusiasts would lose their minds if such were to happen

No, I wasn't saying I wanted Shockwave to be torn out. I'm just speculating. I would either assume turning the trains around to go backwards. (Is that possible) or the go-carts are getting torn out.

Seriously - I doubt they would do anything with Shockwave. I know plenty of enthusiasts would lose their minds if such were to happen

No, I wasn't saying I wanted Shockwave to be torn out. I'm just speculating. I would either assume turning the trains around to go backwards. (Is that possible) or the go-carts are getting torn out.

I highly doubt anything would occur to Shockwave as they just spent some $ fixing it because of the accident last year that had it down for several months. Also, please don't put it backwards! Am I the only person who doesn't like the trains in reverse? Only Mr. Freeze should be reversed. When it pushes you up its tower and all you want to do is fall forward, thats amazing.

I can not wait till Namtab is gone forever. I hate it in reverse. It's painful! I feel like Mike Tyson and Mohammed Ali are taking turns boxing my ears with every twist and flip. Yes. Mr. Freeze should be the only coaster to start in reverse. It is most unpleasant for any other.

David - most of those enthusiasts have already lost their minds

Coming in 2015! JUSTICE LEAGUE: BATTLE FOR METROPOLIS! It’s the ultimate superheroes adventure mission during this 3D interactive dark ride experience. Get ready to match wits against Lex Luthor, The Joker and his henchmen as you join the JUSTICE LEAGUE Reserve team.

After touring the fully immersive 3D Hall of Justice, you’ll receive your very own stun gun to battle the bad guys then it’s a swift ride through a dazzlingly designed Metropolis cityscape, deep into the shadows of Lex Corp. Lifelike animatronics, cutting edge special effects, 3D video, eye-popping graphics, real-time gaming and a mind-tingling sound-scape make this journey to justice an utterly interactive experience. Will you help SUPERMAN and BATMAN rescue the other members of the JUSTICE LEAGUE from Lex Luthor’s and The Joker’s evil plans? Join the JUSTICE LEAGUE Reserve Team today to save your favorite superheroes!

JUSTICE LEAGUE: BATTLE FOR METROPOLIS is a cutting edge, fully immersive dark ride experience which places you right in the middle of the action – in 3D!

As you explore the interactive Hall of Justice, you’ll be given special 3D glasses and a working stun gun to help you battle Lex Luthor and The Joker. They’ve hacked into BATMAN’s computer and kidnapped the world’s favorite superheroes, SUPERMAN, BATMAN, WONDER WOMAN, and GREEN LANTERN. Now you must bust into Lex Corp. to rescue them!

Board motion-based vehicles for a wild journey through the Metropolis streets, where you’ll meet up with life-sized animatronics.

Everywhere you look, state-of-the-art 3D imagery will draw you deeper into the adventure. Your unique transporter will take you piloting through a realistic 3D environment.

Can you thwart The Joker’s evil plan to infect the city with laughing gas? Only if you’re brave enough to join the JUSTICE LEAGUE Reserve Team!

Facts: JUSTICE LEAGUE: BATTLE FOR METROPOLIS

All new 3D interactive dark ride which utilizes lasers, computer graphics, film elements, interactive game play, animatronics and a programmable conveyance system.

Walk through an interactive queue line and loading area before boarding six-passenger, motion-based vehicles to begin your hunt to stun the bad guys. These state-of-the-art cars will be programmed to twist and turn at 360° to ensure you do not miss any of the action while on this adventure.

Suit up with 3D glasses and arm yourself with laser guns then engage in a full-sensory journey while battling against The Joker and his henchmen to save BATMAN, SUPERMAN, WONDER WOMAN and GREEN LANTERN.

This project is collaboration with some of the biggest and most innovative names in the theme park industry. Sally Manufacturing will design the animatronic super heroes that come to life before your eyes. Pure Imagination will oversee the production of the3D graphics and film using high-tech Computer Generated Imagery. The interactive and state-of-the art interactive gaming elements will be developed by Alterface and the fully programmable, multi-DOF vehicles that will transport you through the city of Metropolis will be designed by Oceaneering.

At Six Flags Over Texas, JUSTICE LEAGUE: BATTLE FOR METROPOLIS will make quite an impression in the U.S.A. section of the park spanning nearly 20,000 square feet. The ride is scheduled to open in the spring of 2015.

Link: https://www.sixflags.com/overtexas/attractions/battle-for-metropolis/overview

news_battleformetropolisstl.jpg.ed01bf23395e03bc3f190e4b8e3ac9c0.jpg

140658.jpg.d62bf8dcee0dbea57b96b05b0cdbebfc.jpg

Edited by robbalvey

This should be fun. Very happy to see a dark ride coming to a Six Flags. Another place to get in the AC!!!

I agree--this is the most intriguing of the announcements outside of the RMC coasters.

I find it strange how the Over Texas version of the ride advertises 360-degree spinning but not the St. Louis version. Maybe SFStL simply forgot to mention it in their announcement, but if it wasn't a mistake, then I guess that SFOT's version will be better by default.

Excited about the ride and the mechanical systems behind it. Would have preferred a better/unique theme than yet another DC comics-based ride, but if that's what sells tickets I can understand their business intentions.

Hopefully they invest toward maintaining this dark ride, unlike how they've let Yosemite Sam's go...

Hopefully they invest toward maintaining this dark ride, unlike how they've let Yosemite Sam's go...

To be fair, Yosemite Sam is over 22 years old... Considering that, I'd say that the park staff has done a very good job of maintaining the ride. Sure, it's very beaten and that's definitely noticeable, but I'm sure it's not the easiest attraction to maintenance.

I guess we'll have to wait a little longer for a new coaster announcement

And, in their defense, since it's named "Justice League" - they can definitely add more features to it later on after the movie(s) come out. But, we ARE talking about Six Flags... I think it will bring more audience to the park for sure.

Next year they'll announce Justice League: Battle for Metropolis... BACKWARDS.

(I keed, I keed. Or do I?)

I understand that not every ride can be a thrill ride, but it'd be awesome if Justice League would incorporate some spinning elements like Men in Black, Cat in the Hat, Spiderman, Forbidden Journey...other dark rides, or the jerkiness and excitement of Toy Story Mania. Either way, probably any indoor ride at SFoT is a win and if it's done well at all then I'll probably visit the ride more than once.

My main fear is that families that have visited Disney and Universal parks will ride this and then shrug it off as nothing special. At the same time, I think those of us here realize that this is actually something quite special for Six Flags and since SFoT is the Six Flags park I visit the most - I'm pretty excited for Justice League!

I really hope these are a hit here and a St Louis, I'd love to see every Six Flags get a proper dark ride.

I agree with this. I think every Six Flags park could use at least one good dark ride that everybody can enjoy.