TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

Especially odd considering how Iron Rattler doesn't do that (At least not when I went.)

They have the original lap bar pads, too. We rode it last Thursday for the first time since last summer. Only change we noticed was the seatbelts. Also we learned that it's a much better ride if you ride further back in the train. Up front was too slow. I really don't care for the pause at the top of the lift. NTAG has spoiled me!

I know that they said the park will be open today. Anybody have any idea if they are closing any coasters today? My son has a couple of friends coming with him that earned a ticket from reading at school. They want to ride coasters. I'd rather take them next week if they going to be closing down NTAG and Shock Wave. This will be one boy's first time here.

It depends on how much the water has receded, but generally when it floods they shut down Shockwave/Runaway Mine Train. I saw the pictures of water up around Texas Giant yesterday, though, so if it were me, I'd probably wait until a day when I knew for sure it would be open.

It depends on how much the water has receded, but generally when it floods they shut down Shockwave/Runaway Mine Train. I saw the pictures of water up around Texas Giant yesterday, though, so if it were me, I'd probably wait until a day when I knew for sure it would be open.

I just made the call to reschedule for next week. I'd hate for those two boys to waste their ticket they earned. If for some reason they open NTAG later today and the rain stays east, I'll take my son myself. We have passes so no biggie if we are only there a short time. He's naturally disappointed. But at this point, all it takes is one shower and we'll be swimming out.

We may pop up there for some roller coaster therapy when my hubby gets home later, assuming it hasn't rained again. If we have to leave because another storm pops up and floods the park again then it's no big deal. For those 2 boys, this will likely be their only shot at coming all season. I'll bring them next week when it's gonna be sunny and hot and they can experience all the rides they want, all day.

Per guest relations, the bobsled, Sky Screamer, both mine trains, Acme Rocket, and of course we already knew this, RR and Batman will be closed today. I also want to say Pandemonium, but can't remember for sure. So don't quote me on that one. Headed that way soon!

We got there at 5:30 and the majority of what she said was closed had reopened. Both the mine trains were still closed. It was nearly a perfect trip. We got to ride Texas Giant 5x's. Titan, 3x's Freeze twice. My son rode Judge Roy while my husband rode Sky Screamer. I passed on both. Shock Wave was running but I was the only one that wanted to ride it, so we passed. You could tell that the line cue was flooded because it smelled like nasty swamp water and the debris in the fencing. Other than that it was business as usual. Light crowd! Last ride if the night was back to back rides on Texas Giant in the backseat!! The best part of the visit was introducing our 10 yr old to Mr. Freeze. He's been too afraid to ride it. Today he decided to do it. His reaction was hilarious! I took a before and after picture and we died laughing. Despite what you see in the picture he loves it and went back for more.

image.thumb.jpg.2145abb4423317876ee6264ae44a15a4.jpg

First time riding Mr. Freeze before launch

image.thumb.jpg.db6e9a6c6ca1f29d65b719dd64e0d7c9.jpg

And just after stumbling off Mr. Freeze

image.thumb.jpg.284dec2912ad18f99fc85f0d4cf2d8b0.jpg

Round 2 with a thumbs up!

Have they relaxed any of their asinine single-rider-in-last-row and NTAG queue policies?

No to the single rider in last row. They still force you to pair up for the last row. As far as the ntag queue line, it sounds like somedays they let you just walk up but others they still give you the speech. So I guess they are still testing the capacity killer.

Someone please educate me on what other Six Flags have as far as a ride that could possible be going into the Adventure Theatre. Is there anything that could be compared to a dark ride like at Disneyland or Universal Studios? Something with projectors and 3D glasses? I've never been in the Adventure Theatre, so what happened inside before 2011? What kind of upgrades could they be doing to it?

^ Where is the photo showing footers? I don't think the building is big enough to put a coaster. Plus they already have a indoor coaster. They probably just going to reopen it with Sponge Bob 5-D. I mean it's six flags, they will find a way to disappoint us.

^ Where is the photo showing footers? I don't think the building is big enough to put a coaster. Plus they already have a indoor coaster. They probably just going to reopen it with Sponge Bob 5-D. I mean it's six flags, they will find a way to disappoint us.

Here the link with pictures showing the footers in Roaring Rapids pond. http://www.arlingtonvoice.com/story/entertainment/06/24/2014/sign-promising-spectacular-new-six-flags-attraction-ignites-speculati

It'll be a Dark Knight indoor wild mouse conversion.

Why? They stopped after 2009 and Shapiro/Jim Reid stopped adding them since. I'm guessing they didn't generate the attendance boost they wanted (Not surprised).

I'd go for an indoor/outdoor suspended ride like Arthur in Europa Park http://arthur.europapark.de/?lang=en.

From the POV of it, I really like that!