TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

I could see an AquaTwist coming to SFOT. However, it'd be even better to see a new coaster. I know they aren't the best rides out there, but I feel a B&M Wing coaster would work well. X-Flight clone, anybody?

$50 for that! That's the best fit for them, especially since Six Flags loves doing clones.

I could see an AquaTwist coming to SFOT. However, it'd be even better to see a new coaster. I know they aren't the best rides out there, but I feel a B&M Wing coaster would work well. X-Flight clone, anybody?

$50 for that! That's the best fit for them, especially since Six Flags loves doing clones.

What about Six Flags over Texas getting a clone of Superman: Ultimate Flight from Six Flags Discovery Kingdom?

What about Six Flags over Texas getting a clone of Superman: Ultimate Flight from Six Flags Discovery Kingdom?

Too close to mr freeze imo. But i'm down for an X-Flight clone! It'd be hard to find that big of a chunk of land to put it in, assuming its going towards the rapids.

Changing topic a wee bit, but does anyone know the name if that restraunt that sells those really good looking Texas burritos? And where is it? And also has anyone tried them? Any good?

Any regulars out there know what type of crowds I should be expecting for wednesday?

I went yesterday (Monday) afternoon since the rain went away mid-day. Crowds were really light. All rides were pretty much a walk on.

SO, if it does rain tomorrow (Wednesday), and clears up, you should be golden. Weather is saying we're supposed to get scattered storms all week.

----

On another note, when I went to Texas Giant yesterday, they were still stopping people at the ride entrance. Did a whole spiel about locking up loose articles and whatnot. When I got to the ride and it was my turn to ride, they must have been training people. The guy on the opposite side of the train asked if I was riding alone and I said yes. Then he whistled for the other operator and did some weird hand motion on his face (like he swiped the side of his nose) and then held up 3 fingers. She then came over to me and asked if I had anything in my pockets. I said no and pointed to the mesh baggy attached to the cart in front of me, which had my phone and keys in it. She asked me a couple of times and even had them unlock the restraints. Wtf. THEN the guy was like "No. Number 3!". We both look behind me and there was this little girl (had to have been like 7 or 8) sitting BY HERSELF on the ride. She had to be height checked (again, apparently). Employee didn't even apologize to me for harassing me about possibly having stuff in my pockets. Held up the whole dispatch of the train...

What's the point of having the employees at the entrance if they're just going to check people again up at the station? This whole process is a little overkill. I understand they're being cautious, but holy moly there HAS to be a better way to handle things.

Obviously Six Flags doesn't feel safe with these trains (granted they have a right as someone did fall out). I don't see why during the off season they don't just switch them to the RMC trains (like on Goliath) which seem to be safer. Having everyone sit in the test seats before going in the line is just overkill and as I said its obvious Six Flags isn't comfortable with these trains.

Any regulars out there know what type of crowds I should be expecting for wednesday?

I went yesterday (Monday) afternoon since the rain went away mid-day. Crowds were really light. All rides were pretty much a walk on.

SO, if it does rain tomorrow (Wednesday), and clears up, you should be golden. Weather is saying we're supposed to get scattered storms all week.

----

On another note, when I went to Texas Giant yesterday, they were still stopping people at the ride entrance. Did a whole spiel about locking up loose articles and whatnot. When I got to the ride and it was my turn to ride, they must have been training people. The guy on the opposite side of the train asked if I was riding alone and I said yes. Then he whistled for the other operator and did some weird hand motion on his face (like he swiped the side of his nose) and then held up 3 fingers. She then came over to me and asked if I had anything in my pockets. I said no and pointed to the mesh baggy attached to the cart in front of me, which had my phone and keys in it. She asked me a couple of times and even had them unlock the restraints. Wtf. THEN the guy was like "No. Number 3!". We both look behind me and there was this little girl (had to have been like 7 or 8) sitting BY HERSELF on the ride. She had to be height checked (again, apparently). Employee didn't even apologize to me for harassing me about possibly having stuff in my pockets. Held up the whole dispatch of the train...

What's the point of having the employees at the entrance if they're just going to check people again up at the station? This whole process is a little overkill. I understand they're being cautious, but holy moly there HAS to be a better way to handle things.

Geez. That's why I really don't like going to Six Flags parks. Rude customer service, unclean park, and horrible ride ops. At Cedar Point, there are 2 people outside the entrance of Millenmum Force alerting people that there are no bins in the stations. But they aren't that rude about it.

This is kind of off topic, but with all of the RMC Iron Horse refurbs coming, the parks who get them's main marketing point are the inversions.

"(Insert old wooden coaster here) now goes upside down!!!!!"

And the GP eat that up. Even though the inversions are just a fraction of what those rides bring to the table.

And with NTag being the first. I was wondering how they advertized it being something unknown. And it doesnt go upside down.

Their marketing for NTAG basically consisted of "Taller, faster, steeper, smoother and more extreme" and the GP still ate it up. The ride had a such a reputation for being a rough POS that everyone was excited enough just to hear that it was smooth, nevermind that the drop is crazy steep and the rest of it is visibly awesome, even to a member of the GP.

Probably didn't work out well today. The park closed around 3:00 for massive flooding. The area has been hammered with slow moving pop up thunderstorms all week.

Too close to mr freeze imo. But i'm down for an X-Flight clone! It'd be hard to find that big of a chunk of land to put it in, assuming its going towards the rapids.

Is there a chance that they would be working on Runaway Mountain? Is it currently open? Would they need to close Rapids to work on it? I'm only suggesting this because of an email survey I got from SFOT about a new indoor rollercoaster.

Is there a chance that they would be working on Runaway Mountain? Is it currently open? Would they need to close Rapids to work on it? I'm only suggesting this because of an email survey I got from SFOT about a new indoor rollercoaster.

There are footers set in the Roaring Rapids pond.

I love how the article says

There is no information to suggest when in 2015 the new attraction will open or if Roaring Rapids will be replaced completely.

There is clearly information to suggest that Roaring Rapids won't be replaced completely... the sign out front that says the ride is TEMPORARILY closed so we can bring you a new attraction. Sure they could be making things up but why go through the trouble? Just say "Roaring Rapids is Closed Today".

I would say that the sign stating the ride is TEMPORARILY closed SUGGESTS that it's TEMPORARILY closed.