TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

I wasn't able to take any pictures; however, the ride looks great!

No problems, I have some photos here, and you are definitely right that it looks great!

10273378_714800828584174_440838902790991893_o.jpg

1801384_714800918584165_4337545380960295826_o.jpg

As I said earlier, it's very clever how they have reused the old supports.

I'm also expecting some nice Texas people to give a review of this thing once it opens!

Source

I recently got an email from SFOT to do a survey on a couple of possible new attractions. They were kind of silly and not really realistic. Like a Virtual Reality Ride and a Lazer/Music Ride. I was wondering if anyone else took the same survey. Also I've read on a couple of blogs about the possibility of a new Wing Coaster and or a Euro Coaster for 2015. I'd be excited for either, but wonder if SFOT will put one in and where.

I recently got an email from SFOT to do a survey on a couple of possible new attractions. They were kind of silly and not really realistic. Like a Virtual Reality Ride and a Lazer/Music Ride. I was wondering if anyone else took the same survey. Also I've read on a couple of blogs about the possibility of a new Wing Coaster and or a Euro Coaster for 2015. I'd be excited for either, but wonder if SFOT will put one in and where.

If Six flags Fiesta Texas were to get a Virtual Reality Ride they can relocate Tony Hawk's Big Spin/Pandemonium's que line outside and use the buliding where que line is now unless they decided to get rid of Tony Hawk's Big Spin/Pandemonium for whatever new ride (if any) that they're going to get in 2015.

I didn't get a survey from SFOT but I got a different email for a VIP exclusive season pass sale. I was just about to buy one for my upcoming visit . Did anyone else get that email? Just curious how VIP I am.

I didn't get a survey from SFOT but I got a different email for a VIP exclusive season pass sale. I was just about to buy one for my upcoming visit . Did anyone else get that email? Just curious how VIP I am.

We both must be VIP! 50% off on Gold Season Passes.

So I just booked my flights, and I'll be at Six Flags Over Texas on Friday Jun 20th and the 21st! I won't be in the park until the afternoon (Like around 2ish) since my flight will be arriving around 11:30. I'll be there all day Saturday though. I don't fly back until Sunday so I'll get to do the park twice! So stoked for Texas Giant! I'll be flying out of Orlando after having the chance to see all of the major parks. In seven days time, I'll be checking out Diagon Alley, Hogwarts, New Fantasyland, EPCOT, Expedition Everest, and Texas Giant. It's going to be a heck of a time!

If anyone wants to meet up with me on those dates at the park, just message me! I'd love to meet some of the Midwest members. It's just going to be me at SFOT.

I got one the same email. I told them I'd like an extreme coaster. Something along those lines. I forget the exact wording used.

^^As with anything like this, I hope it's temporary and doesn't spread to any other ride or park. In other words, I hope it's just another SFOT thing. They do seem to be getting pretty notorious for stuff like this.

They now check everyone in groups at the test seat.

Wait: EVERYONE??

Yep, everyone. So now your queued up on the side near the test seat then a group of you go. They give the rules then test everyone on the seat. Then your free to walk up to the station. I will say both times I walked right up to the station after. I also noticed this helped with dispatch times. The employee did tell me this was a test.

Edit: I took some photos if the new system in play. I just got on the ride in 20 minutes which is really good for a fairly busy day. I'm still not sure about it.

image.thumb.jpg.56b626f648405a212e3f451927fe62c9.jpg

The employee is telling that group all the rules.

image.thumb.jpg.e97bbfa375e79b27f71769eb934fc6cb.jpg

Everyone has to try out the test seat

image.thumb.jpg.3ebdb59d7c3d1e836fd63fc677fd381c.jpg

This is now the line for the coaster.

The employee did tell me this was a test.

Good.

I wasn't surprised when you told me the shorter waits were likely because the line appeared much longer than it was, so locals avoided joining the queue. I'm still skeptical about the potential for this to actually improve operations.

Oh, wow, queuing twice! That's splendid. Maybe the guy directing test seat traffic can then show people how to lock all of their loose articles, including shoes, pants, and contact lenses in a helpful storage receptacle for the low, low price of $5.

also LOLOLOL at anyone who thinks this will make anything safer. Any rider who is going to fit in the test seat and get the light will head up to the station and board. The operators on the platform will treat this (and perhaps are being told specifically) that this extra safety check guarantees the rider will properly fit and they'll just run along dropping bars and making sure seat belts are plugged in. They will not care one iota checking for "proper lap bar position" or any of that jazz. The theory is probably that by checking everyone in advance with one person down below, you can reduce staffing to a minimum on the platform to get the ride dispatched in a halfway timely manner. If they keep this up, watching a platform with only 2-3 people slowly saunter along checking restraints in the hot summer of July or August is pretty much a total guarantee. Should be hilarious.

this half assed system wasn't in play on Thursday tho it took about 30 minutes to send 6 trains, total fail on what should have taken 15 minutes while maximizing everyone's day.

Just when i thought they were turning around with better entry processes and friendlier staff they somehow managed to fuck it up properly. Ill stick with Shockwave and Mr. Freeze until this nonsense blows over.

In other news the train of death, ironic its red, is being readied for retrofits and a return to action. Its been in solitary due to the lawsuit.

I had no intentions of going to the park today but had to see this in person. Wow. I feel like I'm in third grade. Flashpass and handicap peeps don't go through this process of rule telling and seat fitting. Those that aren't getting a green light are being told the seats on the train are different and they might fit. Guess what? They don't. So four texas sized giants later from the handicap line the intended effect of faster dispatches was quashed.

Looks like it's here to stay, word is operations likes it.

Those that aren't getting a green light are being told the seats on the train are different and they might fit.

Then what is the point of having them try out the test seat?! This sounds completely stupid.

I also went today for an hour to get some more rides in before driving back home. So with this new system, I was actually able to ride 3x in a row because they didn't have enough people in the station. That's a major capacity issue. Even when the small groups would show up with two trains going, there was never enough people in the stations to fill the train. I did the same the second go round and rode twice in a row. The people were there but stuck in line over at the test seat area. I feel they should just do a TSA mentality with random checks while people are walking over to ride. I loved hearing the locals because many had been on the ride previously this season and were wondering why do this now? Many never even knew of the accident. Is it truly just a liability deal? I also saw the two guys get kicked off. It's a mess.

Those that aren't getting a green light are being told the seats on the train are different and they might fit.

Then what is the point of having them try out the test seat?! This sounds completely stupid.

Seems like a bad move for a ride that just had an accident that may be attributed to the restraint's design and whether you can fit. It does make sense, though. Last year, I couldn't fit in the test seat for Wicked Twister, but I could barely fit in the ride. Unfortunately, this year, I can't fit in either, but that's a story for another day.

But that would be large people profiling, and we can't have that. And yeah, even midday the station was thin with people as the artery was clogged. "Do you have any heart conditions, have you had recent surgery, do you have any questions concerning the safety of this ride?" That's gonna get old. And if the test seat isn't calibrated the same as the train, that's an even bigger problem.

In addition to the four texas sized individuals who got booted, on the same train no less, (which meant it took them 10 minutes to dispatch, no joke)(they boot one, lock, check, unlock, relock, recheck, boot one, repeat) they booted a girl in a wheel chair because she had a sprained ankle. Classy. It wasn't even in a cast, not fake, just sprained. Sorry, no ride for you. Why even let people up the exit in a wheel chair then? Does this know also mean that people who walk with a cane or canes can no longer ride too?

I really want to like this park, I really want them to get better, and they are in certain areas which is welcomed, but for every step forward they seem to take a few back. Maybe if they themselves didn't make a big deal out of what happened people wouldn't question anything. Locals know she was too fat to ride, they realize that is nothing wrong with the ride and that nothing ever was. The bottom line is someone was allowed to ride that should not have been. Take responsibility and move on.

Somehow tho I'm sure the lawyers had a part in this so they could spin some things around in court. When 4 people are working load they slighlty stack trains, even when kicking people off. With two people, they always stack, always. With two people plus the two people at the TSA checkpoint, a little bit of stack, not much, but you don't slide right in, at least I didn't. So I'm not really sure what this is accomplishing. Ops is claiming they are sending more trains, and that may be, but are they sending more full trains. Nope.

/rant

I do have a nice photo update to share, maybe later.