TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

^^ Well that was only a matter of time. No doubt this will be settled out of court.

If you ask me they both share the responsibility equally, Six Flags operated the ride faulty and Gerstlauer made the train (no getting around that).

This will probably mean no more Gerstlauer rides in Six Flags park for quite some time, which is a shame really.

^ It really is disappointing. But hopefully, if the relationship is ruined, SF can find other options for the smaller Parks in the chain, rather than just neglecting them for countless seasons. I guess only time will tell.

^ And of course there is Zierer (spelling?). Knoebels seems to have faith in them...

I don't know about Zierer's major coasters that well as they seems to start their major coaster business pretty late. Do they make ejector on all of their major coasters? (Verbolten and Wicked)

Verbolten doesn't seem to have ejector air at all but wicked might just do it.

It's a shame because Gerstlauer is one of the few companies that make ejectors. Now if SF wants ejector, they would have to pay more for RMC or Intamin.

Premier Rides?

All right please let me make this clear, I mean the companies that have a tradition of making ejector airs and the majority of their rides provides ejector air.

Is anyone going to opening day on March 1st? I went to opening day at SeaWorld on February 1st and it was most awesome. I'll be here for opening day also.

Sorry about this post mates, I didn't realize this was a legal issues site, I though it was Theme Park Review. My bad!

Is anyone going to opening day on March 1st? I went to opening day at SeaWorld on February 1st and it was most awesome. I'll be here for opening day also.

Sorry about this post mates, I didn't realize this was a legal issues site, I though it was Theme Park Review. My bad!

Wow. . 28 posts in over a year+ of membership (14 months. . that's about 2 posts a month!).

you are a very prolific, and active, member of the community!

maybe it's just me, but I like my snark to be EARNED. . .

(and no, I'm not going to opening day)

And of course opening weekend comes with bad weather on Sunday, meaning everyone is going to cram in Saturday, when the weather is nice. Rrrr. Last year's opening day was cool and cloudy and a light crowd. We had a great time.

This will probably mean no more Gerstlauer rides in Six Flags park for quite some time, which is a shame really.

I'm not sure that will be the case. I'd say this:

It will end up being settled, so this is all just standard legal wrangling.

and this:

This is nothing more than a standard legal maneuver, even Gerstlauer admits to that, who will also be counter suing the park along the same lines.

...are spot on. I remember an incident from around the time I was first learning about coasters/the amusement industry; a train on SFNE's Superman:RoS wasn't entirely stopped in the brake run and collided with the other train while it was still in the station. I googled it and found Riders in 2001 Superman accident sue Six Flags, Six Flags sues Intamin. We've seen Intamin coasters built at Six Flags parks since this happened, and we're seeing new Drop Tower installations even after the Superman:ToP accident at SFKK.

Btw, here is a great look into the technical aspects behind the SFNE incident for anyone interested.

^ I think Intamin and Gerstlauer is different. If Six Flags is looking for record breaker, Intamin is the right choice. But for Gerstlauer, there are Maurer, S&S, Mack and Zierer providing rides at roughly the same price. Sure that Gerstlauer made Takabisha and Smiler, I can still see Mack winning the marketing competition for capacity and quality.

^ I think Intamin and Gerstlauer is different. If Six Flags is looking for record breaker, Intamin is the right choice. But for Gerstlauer, there are Maurer, S&S, Mack and Zierer providing rides at roughly the same price. Sure that Gerstlauer made Takabisha and Smiler, I can still see Mack winning the marketing competition for capacity and quality.

With the way Six Flags markets their rides, I have no doubt that they would find a way to successfully sell (or at least make an attempt to sell) a hand dryer in a bathroom as some sort of "w0rld's first!!111eleventy!1!1st!". If they want something built, unless there is something blatantly wrong, I can't see them passing on the lowest bidder. If that happens to be Gerstlauer, then so be it.

I don't work in the amusement industry (so this is all just my speculation), but I see it happen regularly in the field I do work in.

Well it's opening day for the 2014 season and the biggest change I've seen is in the form of new uniforms. Gone are the bright yellow and worn out looking shirts and in are nice Six Flags blue shirts.

I'll live post from the park, because I have the technology for it, so let's see what all I can find in the next few hours that's changed since January

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393691047.211351.thumb.jpg.19fd20bbd4dcd2f5b7a6d3ef0f9fb925.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1393691076.792967.thumb.jpg.5ea87b874a98f9701c1edd56ba16e6a8.jpg

Gold Pass Entry is ready to go, instead of 15 minute early entry, this year it's 10. Since the rides typically don't open until park opening time, it's not really a big deal.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393691603.566123.jpg.1fa59b780371a6a2cc25c7be3705bb86.jpg

The new play structure is coming alongImageUploadedByTapatalk1393691620.665796.thumb.jpg.7779d65ec992e50fd81489ac18766a4d.jpg

Midway is looking good

No more takis! At least not here...

Gate left open on purpose? Let's hope so, it's a welcome shortcut

And my traditional first rider of the season, five years running!

It's the loudest of the batman production run but it's still the best of the lot!

The park is rolling out new food options this year.

Trying to be like Chipotle?

Look ma, no seat belts!

Would you like to re-ride? Why yes, yes I would

His holiness is still riding fine

Ok, time to head somewhere else...

Why hello sexy

No shortage of riders, just loooong dispatch times

But it's worth it

For you map whores, needed something to do while waiting in line for Texas Giant, which just so happens to have the longest line in the park.

So after an hour waiting for Giant, yes it was worth it but they seriously needed four people on load. I'm told they made an effort but it didn't quite work out

Meanwhile over at Titan a year long project has completed

It's the ride photo booth and gift shop

So let's look inside

Guess what day it is....Guess what day it is

Ride my ass off? If it'll help reduce it's size I guess I can

The Intamin thingy was under weather but the ship was sailing

Before heading over to the new for 2014 Bugsboomtown or whatever it's called, I checked out Runaway minus the ride sign that disappeared last year and hasn't yet returned.

And now for the progress on Bugs Bunny Boomtown

The first thing you'll notice is the character meet and greet gone and replaced with nice cool concrete. Mmmmm concrete

Over at the play structure

And from the other side

You'll also notice part of the train missing, think that was used for first aide or lost kids or something

And more

The land behind Aquaman was cleared for rides

And one final look at the new kiddie park

In case you were curious

I knew I'd find some Takis!!!

Well that's it from opening day, hope you enjoyed this trip report brought to you by tapatalk and the iPhone 5. When you want it done right, easy, and hassle free, do it with the iPhone.

Edited by chadster