TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

I won't ride it anymore. There isn't enough ibuprofen out there to get me back on it. I hear that was what eventually became of the old Texas Giant. The last time I rode it was in 2001. It was rickety, but not painful. I liked that about it. I heard it got to be really rough. Judge Roy has a good 10 years on Texas Giant. If only RMC would give a shake of their magic wand to it. That's wishful thinking...

Judge Roy Scream needs some retrack after the turn but even the roughest point is still acceptable so I just think it needs a paint and retrack after a couple of years. But I would love to see Mini Mine Train gets some retrack to change it's horrible transitions.

Of course it's still acceptable. You're still young, lol! Although the last time we rode it, my 9 & 11 yr old complained about it. When you have better rides like Titan and Giant, it's easy to pass it up because it isn't worth the beating.

Just a question that I've asked before and didn't get a reply to - how merciless are NTAG's redone restraints and seatbelts towards heavier people? I could fit on El Toro (with some stapling as usual) and have never been booted from a coaster before (but am dangerously close to being too big for the tiny seatbelts on Wicked Twister.)

From a Texas coaster site:

from SFOT!

I have been informed by an employee of the park that SFOT will be moving season pass processing to the ticket sales booth. Patrons will get their biometrics scan and receive their passes at the booths. Also, the playground in Bugs Bunny Boomtown is up and completed! Opening day is less than a month away!

There's a little rumor from the SFFT page that SFOT is also remodeling the front entry gate. Any truth to that? They are doing it at SFFT. They said its to help speed up the lines.

There is truth, but I don't believe its this season. I know the park was/is planning on getting a new entrance to help traffic flow and large number of people at the front gates.

(but am dangerously close to being too big for the tiny seatbelts on Wicked Twister.)

Everyone is... I'm 6 foot 4, 200 pounds and back in High School people used to joke that I was anorexic or that I'd blow away in a swift wind because I'm so skinny. I'm still the same way (even though I eat like crap). I fit on Wicked Twister but it's pretty close... those restraints are idiotic, especially when compared to the ones on the other impulse coasters that are nothing like that.

I can't speak for NTAG but don't worry about it because of Wicked Twister... Wicked Twister is insane.

Batman is going backwards... Why not NTaG?

Do what? Did I miss some news?

Texas Thrill Seekers Facebook page posted about SFOT Batman going backwards in 2014, maybe for a season.

But Six Flags would want to advertise and would of announced it already. I doubt this will happen but if so then cool, I have a reason to ride Namtab.

I would like to state that the (Texas Thrill Seekers) group never confirmed backwards Batman. However, it has been brought to my attention from someone that it is going backwards for a limited time only this Spring.

I thought these backwards trains are different trains rented from B&M (don't know if that is true). If SFMM is running Batman Backwards in spring how could SFOT have Batman Backwards as well?

I would like to state that the (Texas Thrill Seekers) group never confirmed backwards Batman. However, it has been brought to my attention from someone that it is going backwards for a limited time only this Spring.

I thought these backwards trains are different trains rented from B&M (don't know if that is true). If SFMM is running Batman Backwards in spring how could SFOT have Batman Backwards as well?

This is a strange "rumor" on a couple levels -- first, I don't think it's ever been disclosed that they fabricated anything other than the original chassis that Great America started with. From there, the plan was to move it around the chain. Secondly, why would Magic Mountain be promoting their backwards while Six Flags Over Texas is apparently just going to do a stealth opening?

The backwards trains that were introduced at SFGrAm last year were brand new chassis that are made to go backwards. As far as I knew, it was only the chassis parts that were new, the seats were removed from the forward facing chassis and placed on the backwards chassis. I also heard that the park ran into a little snafu because when the "limited time" backwards trains ended, they just flipped them around, which B&M didn't really care for and forced them to put the normal forward facing trains back on.

Coaster trains are not really meant to go backwards unless they were originally designed to do so. That's why Cedar Fair turned the racing Paramount coasters back to all facing forward when they took over as PTC even said themselves that their trains are only meant to travel in a recommended forward direction. B&M is probably more stringent on that sort of thing because of the "warranties" their coasters come with, although not exactly sure how Premier stands when SF turned the Mr. Freeze coasters around backwards. Probably not as much since their trains travel in both directions anyways on those shuttle coasters.

Unless they've ordered another set of backwards chassis from B&M, Magic Mountain will be running Batman backwards this year. I don't see SFOT doing this until next year if their next in line to get the chassis.

Again like I said before, if SFOT was going to run Batman backwards, I feel they would of announced it already. Even if it was for the last few months of the season. I just don't see it happening for 2014 but I could be wrong. I say 2015 but I don't want Batman backwards to be the new attraction.