TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

The description of the woman's body upon being discovered is just disturbing and truly horrifying. I'm trying to match up the report... after the small hump following the drop is says her legs where straight up in the air and he head down and then on the first overbanked it says she was ejected head first.... that's a little confusing.

I think think the fault is going to fall one who ever determined the "limit" to which the limit switches were set to. Be it the park or the train manufacturer, or the controls company (if its not the same as the train or ride manufacturer). It seems that even though it appeared to be too high, the green light was indeed the "green light" which overrode any doubt.

In my opinion such is the case for seatbelts... I find seat belts redundant but I have always felt that there real purpose was to combat the case of varying body proportions. One must be able to buckle the seat belt in order to ride many rides even though the OTSR or Lap bar may lock. I hear the argument all the time about people claiming inconsistencies with set belt lengths.

While I agree that more training was a necessary and reactive response to this tragedy... I can't bring myself to blame the ride attendant. I think the lap bar mods and seatbelts were a testament to this. I think we will see more of a lash between Six Flags and gerstlauer over liability in this case. Unlike other cases like the one at Darien Lake.... I think both parties need to pay up!

The situation in itself has been horrible to hear about, but to hear of the condition of her body just makes it that much worse. But if anything "good" has come of this, it seems from the report that she was unconscious when she fell from the train, so hopefully she never even knew or felt what happened.

^ I would hit Giant up first. ShockWave doesn't usually have a long wait time, it can, but not usually. Plus it's towards the back of the park and if you get there at open you should have time to do both a few times.

A lot of folks can't find ShockWave, plus it being in the back reduces lines at open cause it's takes a while for the park to fill out. So yeah, Giant first then ShockWave.

The North Texas Municipal Water District has announced water restrictions to be in place starting June 1st. While the fountain is nice and cools things down a tad in the summer, it's better to be conservative. SFOT shut down Freeze voluntarily during the heat wave a while back to conserve electric and do their part in helping to prevent brownouts during high electric usage. So if their reason is to conserve water, I applaud them. The sign is out for refurbishment and should be back at some point.
Thanks. That helped answer my question.

Another reason why parks need to add solar panels/Wind fans to their properties.

Adding wind fans and solar panels must be made compulsary.. It will decrease the electricity bill and provide a great source of clean energy generation.

Edited by DerrickFrench

If anyone is going to the park soon and you happen to go go ride Titan. I'm curious to know if Titan has added seat belts since Goliath (its Twin) at SFMM did recently. It could just be a California thing.

Ryan I'll let you know, as long as titan is running saturday.

Titan does have seatbelts

That is just dumb of six flags. Titan or Goliath did not need to add seat belts. They already killed the ride by stopping us completly on the mid brakes.

I honestly dont blame them for putting seat belts on Titan. After the accident this past summer, SFOT is going to have to go to great lengths to prove themselves to the GP again. A lot of people dont feel safe to come to the park again, let alone ride the rides. Making them feel safe again is top priority.

I am convinced that all the coaster should have seat belts

I disagree. It doesn't make much sense to add an unnecessary restraint that will lower capacity.

For some of the guests it'll make them feel safer and gives SF an easier way to defend a death lawsuit in the future by having 2 restraints instead of one. It's much cheaper to add seat belts to all the trains, then one single lawsuit due to another death would cost. I think it really sucks, but it's all about liability.