TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

Something has finally intrigued me to go back to SFoT for the first time since last year, Seems they have re-vamped Fright Fest a bit. A few new Mazes, and scare zones seem to be back.

I for one am very excited. I remember Fright Fest being a pretty good time back in 2002-3. The scarezones are really a plus for me, I loved them and was very disappointed when they were gone.

^Yay! Great to see Shockwave in operation again

Shockwave and NTAG are operational.....Flying Turns is up and running....All is right in the world!

Though Storm Runner is going through renovation, Dollywood is having bee problems, and X2's lift chain is broken...:/

Is it on 1 train operations, and what was the wait time like? Last time we rode it was no wait and we rode it back-to-back without having to get out and come back around because nobody was waiting to ride it behind us. I doubt it's that light of a crowd. Just curious. I wonder how much impact the State Fair is having on crowd flow. We are skipping the over-priced rides and spending Fair Day at SFOT.

It has a few gremlins, they ended up transferring a train off but she's riding silky smooth!

Considering the weather and the game at AT&T stadium, getting a good crowd judgment wouldn't be fair. Most people left when the game started and when the rain hit. But even before that all went down the park was pretty deserted with little to no wait times. We left when the rain hit, had dinner, and returned so my friends could finish up the mazes. Longest wait they had was ~15 minutes.

While the park is decorated beyond what it ever has for Halloween, the scare zones, at least last night, were kinda lame and brightly lit. Good effort tho.

When I went on opening weekend for FF the scarezones, and haunted houses were amazing. However, last Friday night when I went it was bad. The fog, lighting effects, and scary music wasn't on as we walked through the scarezones. I have no idea why, I was really upset cause I sold FF to a group of my friends who came with me and it was bad. Even the houses were bad, security everywhere! It took away from the scare to see security all over the haunted houses. Maybe I went on a bad night, I hope so.

^doubtful, my friends that went through the houses last night said security was hanging around and in one they were talking and laughing and pointing which way to go and such. I watched as security followed people around in Total Darkness on the night vision cams, sad.

I realize they have an issue with the 'wrong crowd' during the event but at some point you have to ask, why bother?

Don't know how true this is but I heard a riot broke out one year during FF, so maybe that's why they blanet security everywhere. I just wish they could figure out another way instead of adding several security guards all throughout the houses.

-And yes the guards were joking and talking when we went through the houses as well. Seriously?

We got there at 2pm, today and it appeared to really be packing in. We had to park further out than we ever have. Waited for a good 15 or so minutes to get through check in and bag search. We thought for sure there would be long lines everywhere. We got to Shock Wave and walked right on. I don't know where all the people went but we rode a lot and didn't wait more than 20 minutes, and that was for NTAG. We didn't go through any Halloween stuff. Not our cup of tea. Love riding in the cool temps. Our trip report for today was a good one. All the coasters were a go. My oldest son faced his fear of the Shock Wave and LOVED it. My youngest son that was kicked off NTAG last time we were there, had no trouble getting on today. In fact, NTAG seemed to be back to business as usual. Quick loading, no managers hovering around, up beat ride ops. Great ride! And I also learned something about myself. Limit myself to 2 back-to-back runs on Shock Wave. My son ended up loving it so much that he asked to ride it 3 times in a row. Never again. LOL. I was almost lights out coming off the second loop. All in all it was a GREAT day! Can't wait to go back!

^Cowboys played the Bronco's, everyone uses their Season Passes for parking or pays the $20 to park and walk, cheaper than the $75-100 closer to the stadium

AHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Very clever!!!! LOL! Note to self! Wait, I never go to Cowboy games. The only time we've been to the Death Star is to watch Monster Jam, and that's in February. Six Flags is closed during that. I am surprised they let them get away with that. Too funny!!

$100 to park for a football game? Why do people complain about fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo prices again???

It was worse than that during the Super Bowl, $250 near the stadium was cheap!

The park opens the far back section of the parking lot for special event parking for games at both the Rangers and Cowboys stadium only charging the normal $20, if you don't have a season pass you just drive straight there and avoid the toll plaza where bright yellow shirts will be happy to take you greenbacks. You can then take the Arlington trolley to the Cowboys stadium or walk it, it's about 1.5 miles.

People who go to the NFL games here have tons of disposable income it seems....I wouldn't pay it.