TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

I'm expecting them to expand over there by 2015, thats why I asked. I would expect demolition and clearing to be done before any expansion is leaked.

When the bulldozers and wrecking balls arrive, I fully expect this page to light up like a Christmas tree. The bigger question is with FF starting this weekend, can we expect our old friend the Shock Wave to be back in action?

^Really? I rode single in the rear on El toro a few years back.

All I can say is the chain really knows how to destroy the fun. If you are really worried that someone is going to fall out then a hard nose look at their safety procedures is in order. Want to know if only one person is riding in a row, mark it.

My next move will be to somewhere that has a park with decent operations, that narrows my choices vastly.

^ I understand that some folks will be upset with this rule, but hey....it is what it is. It doesn't really bother me to have to move a row up, its still the back area of the train. But also, I wouldn't think a lot of folks go to to Six Flags alone. So this rule might not affect a lot of people.

Has anyone been to Fright Fest this year? It was the BEST FF every at SFOT I think. Check it out!

^ I understand that some folks will be upset with this rule, but hey....it is what it is. It doesn't really bother me to have to move a row up, its still the back area of the train. But also, I wouldn't think a lot of folks go to to Six Flags alone. So this rule might not affect a lot of people.

Has anyone been to Fright Fest this year? It was the BEST FF every at SFOT I think. Check it out!

Look, I know you are a SFOT fan boy, but is it really fair to discriminate against someone as part of a group of 3, 5, 7, or 1 just so the park can cover their ass by having a 'witness' in case one goes for a flight? Not really. Besides, that really shows the confidence the park has in their maintenance staff, what a PR nightmare there! Common sense suggest other measures can be adopted just as easy, like having a color coded magnet at the panel that can be moved or placed by the operator to indicate only one rider, or wait for it, a single rider line, wow, what a concept!

But to add insult to injury the very supervisor who denied my allowance to sit in the back allowed another individual to sit in the back by themselves AND this time she was working the panel!! So much for the visual scans!! The mistake was caught by the person stationed at the mid-course who phoned down as the train dropped and was told, yeah I noticed that. Well, if you noticed, then fix it!

This makes NO sense. Just because someone was ejected out of NTAG, which was awful, doesn't mean that you should need someone to ride with you in the last row. How many trains have dispatched with single riders in the last row and nothing has happened? I mean if you're with someone it's fine, but still it is crazy that they would actually make a rule of this.

^Just to show I'm not all negative on them, I will give them that, they've actually put forth some much needed effort into Fright Fest. Sure it's an upcharge of $15, but at least they don't bounce you out of the park and require a separate admission and they've added some much need decoration. With all of the haunts available in the metroplex, they had to do something to stay relevant in the haunt game. Here's to hoping they step it up for HIP as well.