TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

And I'm sure attendance has not quite been the same since NTAGs accident. The park may be afraid to put another roller coaster in because of the accident, as some people now feel roller coasters are dangerous. SFOT is supposed to be Six Flags flagship park even though it doesnt seem to get as many new large attractions as SFGadv and SFMM. Anyone know what time the announcements wills be made?

^Last year I believe that the announcements were made in the afternoon, probably about 12-2 p.m. eastern time. I really don't see a huge addition coming like a coaster anytime soon. The park could be waiting for NTAG to reopen and the memory of the GP to fade off. SFOT really doesn't seem like a park for an Aqua Twist, but I could be wrong.

^Last year I believe that the announcements were made in the afternoon, probably about 12-2 p.m. eastern time. I really don't see a huge addition coming like a coaster anytime soon. The park could be waiting for NTAG to reopen and the memory of the GP to fade off. SFOT really doesn't seem like a park for an Aqua Twist, but I could be wrong.

They were made early in the morning last year as well as this year. 4 A.M. Central time tomorrow.

They were made early in the morning last year as well as this year. 4 A.M. Central time tomorrow.

. . . And I work tomorrow 5:30am -7:30am, so I know what I'll be doing! Very excited for this years announcements! This year in particular should be interesting given we've gotten many teasers, so it should be nice when we finally know what we're getting and piece together the teasers.

Thanks for clearing this up. I remember watching the announcement in the afternoon, but it must have came out earlier in the day.

^They're probably just still trying to lay low after the accident.

Here's what I'd like them to announce for next year:

"We're back to putting guest satisfaction first! Better trained ride ops, rides will be open, shorter wait times, more convenient restaurant hours, come back and visit the park you grew up with and loved!"

I tweeted them on twitter "SFoT new attraction for 2014 should be better customer service" #betterattitudes #behappy

Unfortunately they didn't retweet.

sfot_header_2-965x302.jpg.6ce9a84bcf9bd3114e8bc233ba20f5e7.jpgNew in 2014, Six Flags Over Texas is expanding our children’s area, complete with new rides, attractions, and rest areas. Plus, Hurricane Harbor adds a multi-featured water slide.

The children's area of the park will debut an all-new refreshing expansion. The kid-friendly section will be the perfect place for thrill-seekers-in-training with tons of new features, including an interactive play area and brand new kids' rides. The pint-sized rides in the area offer gentle thrills with miniature drops, easygoing turns, and mild speeds so the little ones can work up to the bigger thrills.

The renovation will also provide more seating and shaded areas. Parents can sit back and watch the kids play, or the entire family can take a break from the action to rest and cool off in between rides.

In summer 2014, North Texas' largest water park, Hurricane Harbor, will also unveil a new slippery slide. The multi-featured water slide will take riders up over 45 feet in the air, then accelerate them through a winding slick course. The thrill slide will include rapid speeds, twisting spins, and plunging drops that provide an adrenaline rush and splashy experience like no other.

The new children's expansion and water slide are set to debut in 2014. Are you ready to take on these all-new thrills?

Edited by robbalvey

Sigh... Can we at least look forward to having all of their existing coasters running at one time? This stinks. I know I am in the minority here, but I was really disappointed when they announced and pushed that swing on steroids as some big new "thrill ride" last year. They aren't even trying to appeal to thrill seekers this year. Ugh.

The kids area is in terrible shape and has been for years, surprisingly they really didn't say what they were doing other than new kids area and rides, who wants to bet it won't be done until mid June?

Oh, and the seemed to have left something out of their announcent. We promise to have all rides operating at full capacity with courteous well trained staff and open concession stands.

It's understandable that we didn't get anything major this year because of the accident and such. Here's to hoping 2014 is a better season all around. In 2015, I expect to see a major coaster though. They have been denying the flagship park of a unique attraction for so long. It's upsetting to say the least.

It's understandable that we didn't get anything major this year because of the accident and such. Here's to hoping 2014 is a better season all around. In 2015, I expect to see a major coaster though. They have been denying the flagship park of a unique attraction for so long. It's upsetting to say the least.

Are you serious? This post is pretty stupid. Cause opening a huge Top 5 steel coaster two years ago isn't a unique attraction or anything... I'm also positive the accident didn't affect next years additions.

Well I dont think anyone is too surprised about this. Especially consedering NTAG accident in all. As much as I am ready for a new coaster I'm not even mad or really dissapointed because the childrens area really needs it. When I took my little niece to the park a few weeks ago it was kinda depresssing, the rides are pretty sad. But if something (meaning a large coaster, perferrably custom) dosent happen in 2015 I would be pretty dissaponted.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. The main thing to look for in 2014 is bulldozers in the old abandoned shopping area. It takes time to clear that area in preperation for expansion. So far no demolition of the old shops has begun. When it does, that can only mean expansion of some sort. Possibly for 2015.

^ Im waiting for the day a bulldozer is in front of the park as well. The park is large nearly 250 acres. But how the rides are layed out in the park dosent leave much room for expansion without ride removal. With SFGadv removing American Eagle because of low popularity, maybe we will see the removal of JRS is a possibillty in the future. I wonder if the park has gotten on the permits needed for demolition for the shopping center.

The accident has nothing to do with the park getting a coaster or not. Most of the time these parks have an idea of what they are getting months in advance. I seriously doubt they would cancel a planned coaster before it was supposed to be announced. Next year the park will see some improvements to the kids area and NTAG /Shockwave are operating which will be good.

^ Right, I don't think it had anything to do with the accident. I really am excited for 2014. I have heard several upgrades will take place within the park.

Also really glad to hear them expanding/updating Looney Tunes U.S.A. To me a theme park is more then just roller coasters and big rides, I love that Over Texas has a large variety of rides for everyone. I would have to say Over Texas offers the best variety of rides over any other SF park.

After this year, just getting to have all of the coasters open will feel almost like getting a new ride. And maybe keeping the youngins occupied at their "new expanded children's section" will shorten the lines for those of us there for things other than Looney Tunes Land. I know I would love a ride on Shock Wave, and get down right gitty at the thought of another ride on NTAG.