TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

^^That's cause a ton of kids are already starting to go back to school and it's no longer summer break!

Must be college and private schoolers.. All of the local ISD's start on the 26th, but either way, IRAT is open, and I am losing my mind hoping NTAG will open up before they go to weekend operations.

With Iron Rattler open now, hopefully it will only be a matter of time before NTAG follows suit. I'm positively giddy.

I am too!!!! I saw the pix posted on TPR's FB page and shouted out a huge WOOHOO!! We are trying to find a way to run down to San Antonio before the kids go back to school and not having much luck with it.

BS check. We went to SFOT today and while talking with one of the employees processing a picture order, we were talking about different stuff from NTAG accident to why Shock Wave was down. I knew that there was a damaged track because of a damaged train and it needed replaced. She added on that she was there when it happened that it had actually caught fire, and that she saw the fire dept. there. Anybody know if there is any truth to that?

Just thought I would say that when I was last at the park (some time in late June?), upon leaving on the road parallel to the infamous shopping center, I spotted some construction workers installing green pipe, so there are hopes of a new section addition or ride with water features. Not sure if anybody has any more information about this.

I couldn't get pictures because texting and driving is illegal.

The city of Arlington is replacing the water and sewer lines in that area. It's a project that was started in January on 'the road to six flags' . Signs are posted along the road as to what they are doing. When finished, the road alongside Judge will be repaved.

BS check. We went to SFOT today and while talking with one of the employees processing a picture order, we were talking about different stuff from NTAG accident to why Shock Wave was down. I knew that there was a damaged track because of a damaged train and it needed replaced. She added on that she was there when it happened that it had actually caught fire, and that she saw the fire dept. there. Anybody know if there is any truth to that?

Sorry Ms. Brown, no fire.

^^ Good to know. I thought it kinda sounded funny. Especially since I couldn't spot any black spots on the track (from my vantage point). It would have had to have been a small one. She was a real sweet girl, but doesn't work in that area. Shock Wave is an all time favorite of mine since the 80's. I would hate to have the thought of a potential repeat going through my head when I ride it again next. Thank you for clarifying.

Onto the construction/destruction speculation.. Something new we noticed in that area was the old fence that was seemed more like a temporary construction type fencing in the area by Crazy Legs, that blocked off the mess where Flashback used to be,all season, and during TSS construction is gone. In its place is a real nice pine privacy fence.

I speculate we don't see anything for a long time back there. I will say that when we peaked through the cracks that the pine smelled real good, though!

I spent a week here in May and I rode the Judge at least 4 times each day. On 2 of my rides the lap bar popped up (once in the front seat and once in the back seat). It didn't bother me personally but some people might not be impressed favorably. It was at the bump just before the turn around. Any news on improvements to the Judge ?

I spent a week here in May and I rode the Judge at least 4 times each day. On 2 of my rides the lap bar popped up (once in the front seat and once in the back seat). It didn't bother me personally but some people might not be impressed favorably. It was at the bump just before the turn around. Any news on improvements to the Judge ?

When you say popped up do you mean it moved up a little but was still locked or it opened completely?

If it opened completely you should have reported that immediately. If it moved up a little but was still locked it could have been between locking points or there is a little slop in the mechanism--- but it was still locked.

I wish they would just put something new in the Judge's spot. I know it's one of their family rides and an ACE Coaster Landmark, but I personally don't have any nostalgic feelings for it, much less do enjoy it. I say they either tear it down, or retrack and put Timberliners on it. That's my opinion. If they did replace it though, I like to think a new GCI would be put in it's place.

When you say popped up do you mean it moved up a little but was still locked or it opened completely?

If it opened completely you should have reported that immediately. If it moved up a little but was still locked it could have been between locking points or there is a little slop in the mechanism--- but it was still locked.

Yeah, if it came up completely, that's a serious issue, and you should have told park management.

I wish they would just put something new in the Judge's spot. I know it's one of their family rides and an ACE Coaster Landmark, but I personally don't have any nostalgic feelings for it, much less do enjoy it. I say they either tear it down, or retrack and put Timberliners on it. That's my opinion. If they did replace it though, I like to think a new GCI would be put in it's place.

That ACE plaque is definitely going to be a contributing factor when the park decides if it's going to have it removed or not. Maybe something good will come next Thursday.

Yes the park cant afford to have another incident occur it is important that call the park and notify them that this occurred. These accidents also prevent us from getting new coasters (multi million dollar laws suits and the GP perception that coasters are killing machines).

The lap bar opened up completely both times. It was the day the Texas Skyscreamer opened to Gold Pass holders in May. After the second time they closed the ride but that was my last day so I don't know if they really fixed it.

If something as serious as a lap bar "opened up completely" during the rides course, why didn't you inform the ride ops? Or did you? If not It really doesn't make much sense to me why you wouldn't have reported that.

People could get hurt, are you sure the bar came all the way up?

Went to the park yesterday. Wasn't nearly as crowded as I thought it would be. Got to ride everything except skyscreamer and mr. freeze (my family is too chicken and the lines were long)

I did notice the station to NTAG wasn't completely tarped off... only the opening where the train departs the station was blocked. Was it always like that or is this new?

Saw some mechanics walking up the stairs to the station too but didn't stick around to see what they were doing. Hmmm... progress, perhaps?

Went to the park yesterday. Wasn't nearly as crowded as I thought it would be. Got to ride everything except skyscreamer and mr. freeze (my family is too chicken and the lines were long)

I did notice the station to NTAG wasn't completely tarped off... only the opening where the train departs the station was blocked. Was it always like that or is this new?

Saw some mechanics walking up the stairs to the station too but didn't stick around to see what they were doing. Hmmm... progress, perhaps?

I also noticed that the sides of the station weren't tarped off.

And that Shockwave had both trains on the tracks.

Has anyone else noticed the giant footer in the old Flashback location? Looks new, and you can see it from Skyscreamer.

No, I didn't notice that. It could be a sign. Just for clarification, the rebar and concrete at the exit of Titan is for the ride pictures station, correct?

Has anyone else noticed the giant footer in the old Flashback location? Looks new, and you can see it from Skyscreamer.

No, I didn't notice that. It could be a sign. Just for clarification, the rebar and concrete at the exit of Titan is for the ride pictures station, correct?

I saw that too. I was wondering what that was.

I believe this was addressed a few pages back. The pad was built and used during the construction of the sky screamer segments.

^^ Another hint to nothing happening anytime soon in that area is the brand new pine privacy fence that was put up over there replacing the construction fence used during TSS construction.

I am not getting my hopes up too high for another coaster. At this point, I'll be happy to have all the coasters in the park open at the same time and be able to ride them all in one visit. And that is asking a LOT, it seems. Maybe NTAG will be opened up for Fright Fest or HIP. I won't look for Shock Wave till next March.

Something I noticed on my drive up north to Kansas was a little theme park in Oklahoma City called "Frontier City." I went there about 20 years ago and it seemed to me like a mini-Six Flags. It was a lot cheaper to get into and everything seemed kinda "smaller scale" to what I as used to at SFOT. I was attracted to it by the looping coaster (Silver Bullet) by the highway. I was looking at it again Sunday, and the loop seemed very Schwarzkopf-ish. Anybody know if that is another one of Schwarzkopf's creations? It was an alright ride. I have had better, but it was fun.