TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

So my dad just called me, he's like "Did you hear what happened at Six Flags?" Yes......."Lady fell from the first drop" :/

According to him, NBC 5 just reported that during their 4'o clock segment. I didn't even argue with him because it's pointless, he believes everything he hears. If that's even what they said, I bet not. My dad is a good example of how misinformed the GP really is. LOL!

So my dad just called me, he's like "Did you hear what happened at Six Flags?" Yes......."Lady fell from the first drop" :/

Ok, so now I'm a little confused, dad may have a point. Fox 4 news just reported and I quote "She was ejected as the roller coaster began it's first steep decent" To me, "First steep decent" sounds like the first drop, right? But how? they said she fell 75 feet....The lift hill is 153 feet. So, I'm really confused now....

Well given they say she landed on a tunnel, and all the overhead shots showed a firetruck's cherrypicker over the second tunnel (beneath the first overbanked turn), I think it's safe to say she did not fall out on the first drop. Especially since if she was in the third row there's not even a decent amount of airtime there to eject her.

Well given they say she landed on a tunnel, and all the overhead shots showed a firetruck's cherrypicker over the second tunnel (beneath the first overbanked turn), I think it's safe to say she did not fall out on the first drop. Especially since if she was in the third row there's not even a decent amount of airtime there to eject her.
Agreed! I'm not surprised the news could be misinformed. Hell they have all weekend.

The local paper just published this under the title "Coroners inquest":

One day after saying that Rosy Esparza died from “multiple traumatic injuries” caused by a “fall from [a] roller coaster,” the Tarrant County Medical Examiner’s Office has released further details concerning her death on The Texas Giant Friday evening.

According to the inquest, the 52-year-old Esparza — also referred to as Rosa Irene Ayala-Goana, believed to be her maiden name — was seated in the third row of The Texas Giant.

“As the carts began the steep descent from the first large hill of track, she ejected from her seat falling freely for an approximate distance of 75 feet, striking a support metal beam and then coming to rest on the metal roof of the tunnel,” says the coroner’s office.

The autopsy revealed “extensive trauma of the torso,” says a release from the coroner’s office. “The cause of death is attributed to multiple traumatic injuries due to fall from a roller coaster. The manner death is ruled as ‘Pending’ further investigation and laboratory studies.”

This is an incredibly sad event! I'm sorry for all people involved and hope they are coping well. Was just at Six Flags Fiesta Texas Today, and Iron Rattler was closed the entire day. I'm not sure how related it is to NTAG's tragedy but I'm sure it it had something to do with it.

I hate how Markey comes out of the woodwork whenever there is an accident. I'm almost sure it is less about keeping parks safe and more about pushing his political career and getting some time in the media.

Seriously, I think he is using someone's death to get himself noticed again.

Excellent job, Robb...as I would have anticipated, your interview delivered a calm, voice of professional reason to a ration of media articles that just seemed to not have the facts quite straight.

I'll admit that it was getting painful reading some of those newspaper and tv articles over the past few days!

He's a senator now, he's pretty much reached his upper threshold in terms of being elected to public office.

Markey for President!

(seriously, only kidding, he might mandate body armor anytime you leave your house!)

No, because remember to him ONLY Roller Coasters are dangerous. Nothing else...just thrill rides! He probably wouldn't even require that we wear seat belts in cars!

This is an incredibly sad event! I'm sorry for all people involved and hope they are coping well. Was just at Six Flags Fiesta Texas Today, and Iron Rattler was closed the entire day. I'm not sure how related it is to NTAG's tragedy but I'm sure it it had something to do with it.

Having ridden both NTAG and Iron Rattler, I can tell you that they both have the exact same type of Gerstlauer trains. The hydraulic restaint systems on both rides are identical. Only the theming is different. Because of this, Iron Rattler was closed as a precautionary measure following the tragic events at SFOT last Friday. It will likely remain closed until such times as the investigation into the accident has been concluded and both rides can be certified as safe for operation.

I hope this helps.

I was watching Bill O'Reilly on fox tonight when they started talking about this death. One woman stated that we need federal regulations on these rides cause they are never inspected. She also stated SF will owe this family millions because they are clearly at fault. That does it. I have had all I can take. I'm going to find anyone that works in the media and smack them.

Let me calm down and take a breath. On one good note at least the left and the right are agreeing on something even if it is on something as stupid as fed regulations . Getting fed regulations is a bad idea. Lets say they form something like The Amusement Safety Board. Then appoint a person that has never been to an amusement park or know anything about coaster engineering. In this persons mind no ride needs to go over 30mph, so they make that a law. Bye Bye to fun rides.

I was watching Bill O'Reilly on fox tonight when they started talking about this death. One woman stated that we need federal regulations on these rides cause they are never inspected. She also stated SF will owe this family millions because they are clearly at fault. That does it. I have had all I can take. I'm going to find anyone that works in the media and smack them.

Let me calm down and take a breath. On one good note at least the left and the right are agreeing on something even if it is on something as stupid as fed regulations . Getting fed regulations is a bad idea. Lets say they form something like The Amusement Safety Board. Then appoint a person that has never been to an amusement park or know anything about coaster engineering. In this persons mind no ride needs to go over 30mph, so they make that a law. Bye Bye to fun rides.

Yup, the only ride allowed to be built after are Japanese Jet coasters with catwalks all over the layout.

Here is my interview on Headline News from earlier today:

The most informative piece of this interview, IMO?

Mike Huckabee is a rollercoaster enthusiast. I had no idea.

(Please don't ban me!)

CNN is reporting Iron Rattler has been closed as a precaution:

(CNN) -- A roller coaster at Six Flags Fiesta Texas in San Antonio has been temporarily closed as a precautionary measure after a woman died last week on a similar ride at Six Flags over Texas in Arlington.

No injuries have been reported on the Iron Rattler in San Antonio, which opened in May, but it will remain closed while officials investigate the Six Flags death in Arlington.

Yup, the only ride allowed to be built after are Japanese Jet coasters with catwalks all over the layout.

The future of the roller coaster.

_roller_coaster_inline_skates.jpg.1e540a47f2f0cf669db5d249189d1cef.jpg

Yikes!