TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

I just read about it, and I have to say I'm pretty shocked at this news. I want to give my condolences to the family.

Also people witnessed it so this is really terrible news, I hope they don't end up with a mental scar after that, and I really hope not much kids had to witness it.

Yea, all of this is just giving me the chills...Seeing that another mishap happened at Cedar Point (thankfully it wasn't fatal) and this incident is bringing back the memories of summer 1999 here in the Bay Area (which consisted of mishaps at CGA that involved a death, and a coaster that stranded riders in intense heat)...

With this said, my thoughts/prayers are with the family of the rider, as well as the riders who witnessed the incident on ride.

I hate to dispute the Six Flags statement, but the woman didn't really die while on the ride.

Shut up. You know what they mean. She died from riding and falling from the train.

Do NOT tell our members to "shut up!" If you want to end up getting banned from TPR, you're doing a great job at it!

--Robb "Will NOT tolerate that kind of behaviour from our members...got it?" Alvey

Fine. Thought they were not serious considering there are about 3 links in the last 2 pages about the accident.

I apologize to Skycoastin Steve.

Rather than speculate on the cause and events that lead to this happening, I would just like to wish peace and quick resolve to the park employees, family and friends of the victim and those who were there to witness the event.

Edited by GuruGuys

I am there

Right, but where did you hear exactly from? I'm sure there are a LOT of rumors going around the park right now. I was there the night of the Raven death and I can tell you that 90% of what was floating around, wasn't actually true.

Wow I'm speechless. This is one of those worst-fears-realized moments. I feel terrible not only for the family but for anyone who had to witness such a thing.

How about instead of rushing to judgment or pointing the finger, let's take at least a day or two to grieve the loss of another human being in a most gruesome manner...

Very sad event, this is reminding me about the Ride of Steel insidents that happened in my home state. Hopefully it wasnt the design of the ride that caused this and that it was the design of the trains, operator error, or stupidity.

I know RMC didn't design the trains, but they still put the trains on their coaster so they definitely assume some liability for the accident. It might not directly be their fault, but when this lady's family decides to sue (and you know they will, rightfully so), Six Flags and RMI will definitely be the main parties charged. RMC is the primary manufacturer and SFI is the operator of the ride. I'm not a lawyer, but after that I would assume Gerstlauer would be thrown in as well.

In the end, RMC might not be the party responsible, but I guarantee they will be brought to court. They'll have to prove they weren't the main party responsible but I would assume they would hold some liability since it is their coaster regardless if they made the trains or not.

Edited by EastCoastn07