TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

While it is terrible someone has lost their life riding a roller coaster, let's not start with the doom and gloom for RMC already. This has happened before (most notably with the Intamin Superman coasters) and that company hasn't gone anywhere. Let's wait until the investigation has been completed before we act like RMC is at fault here.

Edited by ernierocker

Doesn't look good for RMC...

Why would you start pointing fingers? That's really dumb of you. Remember, RMC built the coaster. Gerstlauer built the trains. Six Flags has been operating it for three years. And there are MANY different factors inbetween. Don't start blaming one person.

This is a sad day in the coaster world! We went out to ride TNTG in 2011 and I remember one of us said it'd be pretty easy for a kid to slip out of the restraints. I dont know the age of the victim, but sadly I wouldnt be surprised if it was a younger kid (it's sad regardless). I'm 6'3 over 200LBS (was in 2011 too) and sitting in the back (I stapled my self in too) I felt I could have fallen out on the first drop especially if I wasnt stapled (I know this is part of the effect, but if you're not stapled in and tiny it's obviously possible). I can see the trains from Outlaw Run being added to this and Iron Rattler, or it could have simply been a ride operators fault for not pushing down on the restraint enough.

Official statement from Six Flags Over Texas confirming one dead on Texas Giant: http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/2013/07/arlington-police-fire-working-a-fatal-incident-at-six-flags-over-texas.html/

We are deeply saddened to share that earlier this evening an adult woman died in the park while on the Texas Giant. Park medical staff and local paramedics responded immediately. Since the safety of our guests and employees is our number one priority, the ride has been closed pending further investigation. Our thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends during this difficult time.

Very unfortunate incident. But please, before we rush to any judgement---lets wait for the official investigation. There are so many possibilities as to why it happened.

I hate to dispute the Six Flags statement, but the woman didn't really die while on the ride.

Shut up. You know what they mean. She died from riding and falling from the train.

Do NOT tell our members to "shut up!" If you want to end up getting banned from TPR, you're doing a great job at it!

--Robb "Will NOT tolerate that kind of behaviour from our members...got it?" Alvey