TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

I'm not sure if that's what they do every day. I know that the ride always opens at 12 and not 10 or 10:30 with the park. Everytime that I've been in the tower before noon there hasent been water in the ride. So I'm guessing they drain it daily. And I'm ok with that, I would like fresh water instead of nasty water from last week! Lol

Well much to my surprise maintenance has unf--ked Mr. Freeze, good thing premier built in the winch at the top of the spike.

FYI, when the pumps on Roaring Rapids are cut the water naturally drains into a holding pond. They don't put fresh water in everyday. It's how all of them are built.

Glad Freeze is up. As for Roaring Rapdis I had no idea that it went into a holding pond. I wonder if anyone has ever thrown up in the water? Think of that next time you get splashed on Roaring Rapids! Lol

Would probably just get mixed in with the duck/bird poop and any other gross stuff that's in ponds normally. Yum!

I'm planning to take my very first trip to this theme park sometime over the summer, and am wondering: do you guys have any suggestions for roller coasters for me to ride? I am already planning to ride Mr. Freeze and Batman, but am tentative to try the New Texas Giant; I'm not a big fan of wooden coasters because of the roughness.

I'm planning to take my very first trip to this theme park sometime over the summer, and am wondering: do you guys have any suggestions for roller coasters for me to ride? I am already planning to ride Mr. Freeze and Batman, but am tentative to try the New Texas Giant; I'm not a big fan of wooden coasters because of the roughness.

it's "wood" in support only.

the track is steel.

and if you're in the park, DO NOT miss Shockwave, don't miss Titan, or Runaway Mountain (indoor coaster), or Runaway Minetrain.

actually, pretty much all the coasters at SFoT are good, except for maybe "Big Spin".. .

it's "wood" in support only.

the track is steel.

and if you're in the park, DO NOT miss Shockwave, don't miss Titan, or Runaway Mountain (indoor coaster), or Runaway Minetrain.

actually, pretty much all the coasters at SFoT are good, except for maybe "Big Spin".. .

^This.

Just make it a point to aim for ALL the coasters. Even though SFOT is my home park, I have admittedly never ridden Big Spin. I rode the one at SFStL once and that was enough for me.

DO NOT be tentative about Texas Giant. As bert stated, it's wooden in structure only. The track is steel and is smooth as glass. It has got to be THE smoothest coaster I have ever ridden. Hands down the best ride in the park.

Missing Big Spin would be no loss and if you've ridden any of the numerous Batman clones around the country, it wouldn't kill you to miss that, even though it is a good one, but you have to try for all the others.

It may be wood, but Judge Roy Scream is a good, classic out-and-back woodie that is good fun. Mr. Freeze and its awesome launch is great. The Runaway Mine Train is the mine train that started them all, so if nothing else it's a piece of history, though a fun one. Shockwave is full of Anton goodness. Texas Giant is pure awesomeness to the Nth degree. Titan is the tallest coaster in the state with a great drop, a nice airtime hill and some killer g's in the helices. Runaway Mountain is hidden in the middle of the park and is easy to miss, but it's a fun lights-out ride in the dark. Though not super thrilling, La Vibora is a fun bobsled, but I would hit it early in the day as the line gets long in a hurry and the capacity is terrible, making for long wait times.

Welcome to Texas and enjoy the ride!

I will definitely try La Vibora because I never got the chance to ride a bobsled coaster before - there used to be one in Cedar Point, but I went to the park after it got shut down.

Disaster Transport (that was just closed last year to make way for GateKeeper) WAS the Avalanche Run bobsled ride. They just enclosed Avalanche Run, re-themed it and turned it into Disaster Transport. I rode it as both Avalanche Run and Disaster Transport. I also rode SFOT's La Vibora back in the day when it was known as Avalanche.

I suggest taking the middle seat on La Vibora. If you get an one of the front or rear seats you basically sit right over the axle and your ass takes a pounding during the block brakes (assuming you're not into that sorta thing...)

Not riding the Texas Giant is not an option as mentioned above. I'm conflicted on which seat to tell you to ride in. The back is the best especially on the first drop but once you ride there everything else is kinda bleh so I suggest riding in the front first (for some crazy airtime on the double-ups) and then the back for the rest.

Since they removed the over-the-shoulders from Freeze I wouldn't say there are any particularly bad or rough rides at the park (Judge Roy Scream can be painful depending on how dry the weather has been) so definitely plan on riding everything you can! Hope you enjoy yourself...