TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

Gotcha. I guess I've never been in the station with people that small loaded up. I've never seen them actually use it. I just see them carrying it around. It makes sense now. Thanks.

It's not for the small it's for Larger Sized guests.

Out at Six Flags tonight and have noticed that the park has painted the outside of Texas Arena to a light orange color. I'm glad they did cause the old paint was peeling badly. I wonder why they did though. Maybe because it needed it, or do they have plans to re-open it one day. Wait and see I guess.

The Texas Skyscreamer stats it will open Summer 2013. The Georgia Skyscreamer will probably open first.

This is most likely due to the prevailing wind conditions in the D/FW area. Spring would be a lousy time to operate a 400ft tower swing in this area.

So what happens when you send a train and it doesn't come back? Well at SFOT you cover the train with a tarp and leave it there.

Yup, somehow the park managed to valley Giant yesterday morning. Whether it was the first drop or leading up to the brake run I couldn't tell for sure, but temps in the morning were around 40.

So what happens when you send a train and it doesn't come back? Well at SFOT you cover the train with a tarp and leave it there.

A couple years back, Mr. Freeze valleyed not long before we went to go ride, and since it was closed we decided to ride batman. It wasn't until we got up the lift I discovered the train had valleyed and was covered with a tarp.

How they valleyed NTAG, I don't know. That's just weird, weather conditions mut have been pretty bad.

A couple years back, Mr. Freeze valleyed not long before we went to go ride, and since it was closed we decided to ride batman. It wasn't until we got up the lift I discovered the train had valleyed and was covered with a tarp.

How they valleyed NTAG, I don't know. That's just weird, weather conditions mut have been pretty bad.

I don't know why they didn't build the Mr Freeze evac platforms in STL, as it valleys every once in a while too and the people have to wait for a crew with a ladder to get them out, one by one.

Here is one without it covered. Sad to see it closed..

24424_10200218880168335_303436416_n.jpg.552fc240403e005ff994a9c84d8adbb3.jpg

Also, No construction underway at the SkyScreamer. It may be because of the harsh weather conditions.. There was some heavy winds this past Sunday during my visit.

Several attractions were closed until the afternoon but they kept lines moving and wasn't a bad day to visit!

I always follow these forums so I think it's about time I finally post something. I work literally right next to Six Flags and was extremely excited to see Texas Skyscreamer finally go vertical. I will try to post progress pics as much as possible.

033.thumb.PNG.c6936fd0dc36cb75007c4148b777560f.PNG

Texas Skyscreamer going vertical

Nice this ride is going to tower over the park. Glad to see them finally going vertical. How long did it take Grona Lund to completel their vertical construction once started? Also, I see the lattice work inside of the red white and blue beams is going to be gold-ish color.

Standing in line to ride Titan at Six Flags and the guy in front of my group is talking to the guy in front of him about Titan. They were both talking about how great Titan is and that's it's the tallest coaster in Texas, which is accurate. The guy in front of me then proceeds to tell the guy in front of him that Titan is 800 feet tall. Lmao. I started laughing. However he didn't. He then stated again it's about 800 feet tall to another person in line. I then knew he was not kidding but that he actually thinks Titan is 800 feet tall!!! Lol

Edited by SFOverTexasFan

I had a typo in my last message. It should have said I then knew he was not kidding, instead of was. I fixed it though. The GP can be "special" sometimes lol I was also standing in line for judge Roy recently when a couple in front of me were making plans to ride Flashback next. I wanted to tell them it's been gone since last summer but I was like, naw they can figure it out! lol