TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

Yeah, can anyone confirm if they ever added dedicated front/back-row lines for NTAG? To me, not being able to pick your seats was the downfall of the continuous-loading system.

I thought I read someone say they were not using the continuous loading system but I can't find the comment now.

Are there any coasters that have been successful with continuous loading? I've only seen a few, and they didn't seem to work that well. Rip Ride Rockit has been terrible at loading every time I have ridden it.

USO has always been hit and miss for me and I wouldn't call it perfect as they routinely have to stop the platform for one reason or another.

Here is the thing on the continuous loading at SFOT. It really needs, IMHO, three train ops to be successful and over the past two years they have only had two trains on the rails with one in overhaul. With two trains there was a lull in the loading action if you will. The idea was to have three queue lines, one front, one back, and one everywhere else and ALWAYS be loading/unloading. It *may* still happen at some point this year but I wouldn't want to see it unless they can run it full tilt. BUT, and there is always a BUTT, continuous loading requires more staff over the three + the midcourse person they can run it with now using two trains. Payroll costs may be the driving factor here, after all, it's still Six Flags.

I've heard various park employees say it actually increased dispatch frequency and I think it could increase ridership, but again, to the random coaster enthusiast I think three trains is key.

I think I read a few posts back about the all day unlimited refill wristband, if I'm not mistaken...

This is gonna sound EXTREMELY nerdy... but I actually suggested that idea to the managers of the park when I spoke with them on the phone over my feedback I gave the park (I had trouble with an employee there back in September). Now, I can't take ALL the credit for this since I'm sure others have brought it up... but I totally said to the managers "I love the all day refills the day of purchase of the souvenir cup - but at this point I buy one EVERY TIME I go to the park because it's a super great deal. I have a huge collection of cups! Ya'll should offer a wristband to purchase that gives you the same perks so I can just bring my cups from home". They thought it was a great idea apparently... LOL!

I'm super excited!!!

-End-

I think I read a few posts back about the all day unlimited refill wristband, if I'm not mistaken...

This is gonna sound EXTREMELY nerdy... but I actually suggested that idea to the managers of the park when I spoke with them on the phone over my feedback I gave the park (I had trouble with an employee there back in September). Now, I can't take ALL the credit for this since I'm sure others have brought it up... but I totally said to the managers "I love the all day refills the day of purchase of the souvenir cup - but at this point I buy one EVERY TIME I go to the park because it's a super great deal. I have a huge collection of cups! Ya'll should offer a wristband to purchase that gives you the same perks so I can just bring my cups from home". They thought it was a great idea apparently... LOL!

I'm super excited!!!

-End-

I've heard that SFSTL is doing that too. A small drink usually was between $3-$4, so that's a way better deal.

A few of the parks have experimented with teh drink bands the last few years, however, continuing to hear similar requests from guests is always a positive in regards to getting something implemented or built.

For example, in my trip report a few pages back(where the wristbands were brought up ) I mentioned about the arcade being open but you wouldn't know as several jewelry/facepainting/drawyourface/otherstuff carts were in the way. Today....it's been shifted down 10 feet and you can see that the arcade is open.

Just goes to prove that parks read this site and take what is said into consideration. I've got a small, fun update for later tonight/tomorrow, or whenever I become unlazy.

Here is the thing on the continuous loading at SFOT. It really needs, IMHO, three train ops to be successful and over the past two years they have only had two trains on the rails with one in overhaul. With two trains there was a lull in the loading action if you will. The idea was to have three queue lines, one front, one back, and one everywhere else and ALWAYS be loading/unloading. It *may* still happen at some point this year but I wouldn't want to see it unless they can run it full tilt. BUT, and there is always a BUTT, continuous loading requires more staff over the three + the midcourse person they can run it with now using two trains. Payroll costs may be the driving factor here, after all, it's still Six Flags.

I've heard various park employees say it actually increased dispatch frequency and I think it could increase ridership, but again, to the random coaster enthusiast I think three trains is key.

Since when are they only running 2 trains at a time? I have only seen three train operation except for the one time when the red train was out for maintenance for half the day.

Sundays are usually pretty good but it is spring break. I rode it last Saturday and due to the rain storms the park was empty. NTAG was a walk on. The red train seemed to run a bit faster than the black one. Both are running quite fast.

With the discussions lately in other threads of ride ops and the safety checks, I have always wondered, but never asked, what is up with the wood single wood block with the handle on it that the ride ops on Titan carry around?

With the discussions lately in other threads of ride ops and the safety checks, I have always wondered, but never asked, what is up with the wood single wood block with the handle on it that the ride ops on Titan carry around?

If it fits between your lap and the lap bar you are too small to ride and they will not allow you to ride.

It's to check the distance of the lap bar to the train. If the block slides through no ridey if it can't be corrected (pushed down hard on while the guest sucks it in)