TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

Shockwave's new paint is such a big improvement over the old one. I'm sure R.D. is very happy about this.

EDIT: Sorry, for some reason I was thinking of Mindbender when I was posting this.

Edited by XYZ

I don't know what it is about Shockwave, I know its been 10 years since its last paint job, but compared to the other coasters. it seems to shed paint fast. You could see several different colors from previous paint jobs. Even Flashback that was painted the same year as Shockwaves previous paint job, held it job better although it was super faded and needed one too, it just didn't look as bad.

Mindbender's new paint is such a big improvement over the old one. I'm sure R.D. is very happy about this.

Yes, he would be happy with it - but methinks that all the happiness would be ripped from his soul because you confused Shock Wave with Mindbender...

So a new Haunt this year, "Piggy's Blood Shed". Anyone have any info of where this is going to be? Can't be bumper cars anymore!

It will be located near the Court House across from Newman's Corn Dogs in that area where the Arcade Games were housed. Studio 13 the most popular haunted house is not longer a Haunted House as it used Flashbacks old queue house as a line, and that area is a construction site right now obviously. I hope Piggy's will be a good replacement for guests to enjoy as much as they did on Studio 13. I don't go in Haunted Houses for my own reasons (I don't like being in a dark room with people trying to scare me) however, this year might change.

Edited by joco07

It was not an event held by Six Flags Over Texas. It was a event put on at Six Flags but, Six Flags was not the event holder. It was done by an organization that hosted their event at Six Flags. If that makes any since.

It's not even an organization that puts it on, it just sorta "is", although there are organizations that hold their events as part of the Gay Day. Basically, it's just a day that's picked on a weekend of Pride Week where everyone agrees to go to Six Flags on that day. I doubt that SFOT even know it's happening until they see all the rainbow flag stickers on the cars coming into the lot that day.

I was there for Lone Star Coasterthon and as I was leaving the park after the morning ERT on Saturday, I happened to look around at the GP streaming in and thought, "hmmm....". I took out my phone, googled "Six Flags Texas Gay Day 2012", looked at the results, and said, "Yep! It's Gay Day!"

Disney's Gay Day is much more organized, but Disney actually gets involved with that one.

It was not an event held by Six Flags Over Texas. It was a event put on at Six Flags but, Six Flags was not the event holder. It was done by an organization that hosted their event at Six Flags. If that makes any since.

It's not even an organization that puts it on, it just sorta "is", although there are organizations that hold their events as part of the Gay Day. Basically, it's just a day that's picked on a weekend of Pride Week where everyone agrees to go to Six Flags on that day. I doubt that SFOT even know it's happening until they see all the rainbow flag stickers on the cars coming into the lot that day.

I was there for Lone Star Coasterthon and as I was leaving the park after the morning ERT on Saturday, I happened to look around at the GP streaming in and thought, "hmmm....". I took out my phone, googled "Six Flags Texas Gay Day 2012", looked at the results, and said, "Yep! It's Gay Day!"

Disney's Gay Day is much more organized, but Disney actually gets involved with that one.

I believe it was an origination, that's what I was trying to say but, I wasn't sure how to word it correctly to make since. ahahah

So a new Haunt this year, "Piggy's Blood Shed". Anyone have any info of where this is going to be? Can't be bumper cars anymore!

It will be located near the Court House across from Newman's Corn Dogs in that area where the Arcade Games were housed. Studio 13 the most popular haunted house is not longer a Haunted House as it used Flashbacks old queue house as a line, and that area is a construction site right now obviously. I hope Piggy's will be a good replacement for guests to enjoy as much as they did on Studio 13. I don't go in Haunted Houses for my own reasons (I don't like being in a dark room with people trying to scare me) however, this year might change.

Very Interesting. Wonder if they're going to bring back the zombies in the fog that used to walk around there.

I just have to say this. It really pisses me off when people, especially Christians, act so judgmental toward people. There's this little thing people should know about called acceptance.

Kinda ironic, isn't it? I go with "love them anyway," in spite of themselves. They are the ones with the deficiency and or lack of understanding. It's an illness of sorts. And for those of us that are gay (or lgbt, or green or purple or whatever) - all we can do is be a good example of "healthy pride." The big thing for me is not throwing the discrimination back in their face.

I'm a little disappointed Shock Wave is getting another green paint job. Let's just hope there are other colors (or at least matching colors) for the rest of the ride - especially the trains. I thought they were going back to the silver/navy color scheme? That was great... And I don't think silver wears out in the sun as quickly as the other colors; it just gets that "gunmetal grey" look that Mind Bender originally had

I just want people on here to know, that I am in no way speaking on the behave of the park when I post things on here. I do not represent Six Flags over Texas in any way, shape, or form. There are reasons for me posting this I'm not just saying it randomly. Sorry about it I just need to be clear in that before I post again on this form. Some of my posts will be blocked out by me.