TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

Swung by the park over lunch this afternoon and took a couple of pictures. What's tough to see if that all of the track that goes through the station is gone and the first half loop and part of the corkscrew making up one half of the cobra roll was gone (if that makes sense). They seemed to be pretty careful in how they were taking the tracking pieces apart. Sorry for the poor picture quality, the pics were taken with the camera on my blackberry

784981994_random003.thumb.jpg.d4e7fa3f728c80eae24d7a3b40e700ca.jpg

Boomerang Deconstruction

1507268030_random004.thumb.jpg.125f846a3faa7987f0dda5f661d12ef5.jpg

More Boomerang Deconstruction

Did anyone go to the park last weekend?

How have the crowds been?

I'm thinking about going this weekend since the state fair opens up... maybe the crowd won't be too bad?

The park has been busy, but we have had many events go on before Fright Fest. Last weekend was Season Pass weekend (bring a friend fee and stuff like that) and the weekend before was "Gay Day" and ACE's event so the crowds have been unpredictable. I will say the first weekend of Fright Fest usaly is not that bad. The later into Fright Fest the more busy we get. Fright Fest is our most busy time of the year.

^5 years ago me ,my dad, cousin and sister and got eggs thrown at our truck on our Six Flags Road and got called all kinds of slurs when going for a trip. We where not aware that Six Flags had a "gay day" until then. Six flags didn't list anything to let anyone know that the day was for gays.

Anyway its awesome to see them take down Flashback. I can imagine that it would a lot of work separating track that old track thats been stuck together for over 22 years. I wonder if they will clean it before or after the transport.

^I guess, it was years ago when we went as an unplanned trip, my dad and sister wanted us to do something together. Six Flags is what was chosen which I'm always for. I think it was early just around opening. When we excited of interstate 30 and came up to 360 service road, to Six Flags Road, there was a large crowd that turned out to be protesters. I think initially we thought there was some game at the Rangers Park, or its gonna be busy day for the park when we saw the crowd lined up on the sides of the street. When we got close enough we could see signs the crowd where holding saying, all types of hateful things toward gays. As we drove down the road into the parks entrance the my dads truck was hit with eggs. We were all getting pissed as you would imaging cause we where getting yelled at and called the F-word. We did'nt understand what was going on nor why. My sister rolled down the window and chucked penny's at them from this large cup we had filled with penny's and a through a drink at someone. When we went to park we talked to parking attendant and she explained that it was gay day. They probably assumed and made asses out of themselves. There was a lot of gays at the park that day.

^I guess, it was years ago when we went as an unplanned trip, my dad and sister wanted us to do something together. Six Flags is what was chosen which I'm always for. I think it was early just around opening. When we excited of interstate 30 and came up to 360 service road, to Six Flags Road, there was a large crowd that turned out to be protesters. I think initially we thought there was some game at the Rangers Park, or its gonna be busy day for the park when we saw the crowd lined up on the sides of the street. When we got close enough we could see signs the crowd where holding saying, all types of hateful things toward gays. As we drove down the road into the parks entrance the my dads truck was hit with eggs. We were all getting pissed as you would imaging cause we where getting yelled at and called the F-word. We did'nt understand what was going on nor why. My sister rolled down the window and chucked penny's at them from this large cup we had filled with penny's and a through a drink at someone. When we went to park we talked to parking attendant and she explained that it was gay day. They probably assumed and made asses out of themselves. There was a lot of gays at the park that day.

Was the Westboro Baptist Cult...I mean Church there?

^ Im not sure if they where affiliated with the Westboro cult. But they where definitly an organized group and not some random homophobic people.

My sis got them pretty good with the penny since we had so many of them. I dont get why other go out there way to drive there and cause trouble gay or not. They where all gone by the time we left. Im sure that APD probably had something to do with that. Which is good for them cause we had a nasty little plan if they where there to throw more eggs when we left.

Drove by again today and noticed that one of the parachutes (without it's basket) was at the top of the Chute Out, so I think they might doing some cable work on that one. Also saw that more of Flashback has been taken down. The middle part of the Cobra Roll is now pretty much removed and I wouldn't be shocked if the majority of the ride was down by this weekend.

I just have to say this. It really pisses me off when people, especially Christians, act so judgmental toward people. There's this little thing people should know about called acceptance. Six Flags wants to put on a Gay Day. Good for them! Gays are human beings just like everyone else and don't deserve to be treated like that. Now, I'm not gay, but I understand how much pain gays can go through regularly.

^Thank you for your compassionate words

As awful as they are, The WBC probably do more to help us gays than hurt us. They've certainly put an ugly face on the anti-LGBT movement, and I think it has helped more and more people to realize how ridiculous it is. Anyway, end rant. I'm surprised they bothered with Gay Day at Six Flags.

To be honest I'm sort of biased toward gay marriage (I don't love it but I don't hate it) basically if it exists I could care less. I agree with all of you that theses people acted like complete morons and they shouldn't have been throwing eggs at you.

I wonder if thats something they do every gay day. Im not gay but I do support rights of all people. The hate they through out, will return back to them in one way of there live or another.

St louis better hope that they cause damage when they dismantle Flashback so in cant be reconstructed.

I just have to say this. It really pisses me off when people, especially Christians, act so judgmental toward people. There's this little thing people should know about called acceptance. Six Flags wants to put on a Gay Day. Good for them! Gays are human beings just like everyone else and don't deserve to be treated like that. Now, I'm not gay, but I understand how much pain gays can go through regularly.

I so agree with everything you just said. The Bible Belt of the US is the absolute HARDEST place to find acceptance if you're LGBT, But there are some good Christians out there that say "Don't worry (insert LGBT person's name here), Jesus loves you." Very few of them, but they exist. Watching a doc on an openly gay bodybuilder is what really opened my eyes, gays are people, not abominations. Too many people still think they're all destined to an eternity to Hell, while there are reports of gays having NDEs were they experienced love, peace and comfort, not pain and suffering.