TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

I have this picture for my VIP Tours I give at the park

Wow! Very cool.

I'll vote for silver/navy. It was those colors when I first rode it and I still think they look the best on it. I'm really curious who came up with the current train colors. They are very odd and unappealing, dare I say.

When I worked at the park in 1995, there was an "upper" staff member wanting to "talk about that" (the current color scheme of white/vomit pink/beige) to the park president and the powers that be/those responsible, at the time. It was a big issue with some people who had say in the park.

When I was director of design for Six Flags west coast parks I took it upon myself to shake up the colors of the coasters as well as the trains. They seemed to have all slipped into a state of dull and dreary. I had much success with repainting of rides while at Paramount (other than CGA Vortex which was not my best work but better than the black, green and rust it had been for years) parks including the likes of Carolina Cyclone (yellow, teal, purple trains) Thunder Road (blue, yellow & Grey scheme) Volcano and Carowinds Top Gun (fighting graphics on trains). The Shockwave trains were part of a grand color scheme that unfortunately never was fully realized. Along with the current color of the trains the ride was going to be painted similar to Carowinds Top Gun with royally blue supports and silver track. The trains got the paint job but not the ride. And there’s your answer!

Alright, seasoned Six Flags Over Texians, I'm curious. How are they dismantling Flashback? Is it being carefully disassembled or scrapped?

I still hold onto the hope that St. Louis is getting a brand-new Boomerang...

Alright, seasoned Six Flags Over Texians, I'm curious. How are they dismantling Flashback? Is it being carefully disassembled or scrapped?

I still hold onto the hope that St. Louis is getting a brand-new Boomerang...

Firstly, it's really odd to see "I hope that [park] is getting a new boomerang" in print, even though I know you mean "instead of a used one."

Anyway, after touring the site last weekend at Lone Star Coasterthon, it's definitely being taken apart rather than demolished. It was made pretty clear during discussions at the event that it's going to St Louis.

For those who missed Lone Star Coasterthon last weekend, check the SFStLouis thread for some Flashback deconstruction pics I just posted. Here are some of Chute-out:

image.thumb.jpg.cf5b780b413dbd3596c72feb6e68bd55.jpg

Inside the tower of Chute-out

image.thumb.jpg.64c97caa9d52ac2e5b06d2ace2d6a9ed.jpg

Peek inside the core of the tower. You know the maintenance crew just LOVED it when they needed to climb to the top on that ladder in high winds

image.thumb.jpg.32d795e5213f49c8674934539ce37061.jpg

one last "ride" before it goes away

My only issue would be 1, surprising Texas weather, I could see it now, "Guests stuck on swing ride in middle on Thunderstorm". 2, Full bladder + 4 hours of being stuck. Oh boy.

1. thunderstorm on stuck ride! Wind gusts creates airtime on ride that had none previously

2. (heard from the queue) "Woah, how is it raining? There's not a cloud in the sky!"

That elevator is a nightmare. I hate to say but I think there will be problems with Texas Skyscreamer. I would hate to get stuck at top. If the stops abruptly, with chains I can only imagine the chaos. I dont think that will be the biggest issue more the Texas weather is crazy and as we know will keep this ride down. 400 ft in the air, North Texas winds, and swinging chains with people in them is not safe combination.

Edited by Sammy*

Those Windseekers are great rides. High capacity, fun and have a great view all while providing a nice relaxing (albeit intimidating!) ride. I'll be trying out the Six Flags model in St. Louis this weekend - looking forward to that. Is this 400 foot tower going to have a wider seating circle, enabling higher capacity than those 1/2 the size?

Update: La Vibora's painting has been called of/delayed at this time. I will let you know if that changes.

In other news Shock Wave's paint job is looking nice! It's going to be the same colors as it was before (green and blue)

I've been on Windseekers, but not Starflyers. Which is why I can't wait to try out the SFOT 400' version. I wasn't the least bit scared on the CP Windseeker, but then, I wasn't stuck at the top for several hours either. If that happens on the Texas Skyscreamer it just might do the trick.

^ I like the green but I was hopping for a different color scheme. Anyway I wonder why they called off La Vibora paint job because it really needs it. Unless they are not planning on keeping it around long

The park didn't want 2 rides closed at the same time is what I believe. At this time the park has no plans for La Vibora to leave the park as its a nice family attraction for all people to enjoy. Like I said the most likely thing I can think of is not having 2 rides down at once.

^ I like the green but I was hopping for a different color scheme. Anyway I wonder why they called off La Vibora paint job because it really needs it. Unless they are not planning on keeping it around long

The park didn't want 2 rides closed at the same time is what I believe. At this time the park has no plans for La Vibora to leave the park as its a nice family attraction for all people to enjoy. Like I said the most likely thing I can think of is not having 2 rides down at once.

That makes since