TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

Even then, Bizarro is a stretch - it would be way too close to the roadway, as well as Batman the Ride.

Darn it, I'm going to debunk this rumor if it kills me!

Also, wouldn't the park have announced that it was leaving by now just like all the other parks are doing...

Well, as long as we're all fantasizing (everyone except SFStL, anyway), let's just cram Expedition GeForce in that space (slightly larger, because Texas). There's even room left over for the giant StarFlyer and a LoCoSuMo style TGG woodie or even a water coaster!

120601034_ScreenShot2012-08-26at9_36_46PM.thumb.jpg.d3a730833346a6c28eebdb5d6143b4a7.jpg

In my dreams...

Well, as long as we're all fantasizing (everyone except SFStL, anyway), let's just cram Expedition GeForce in that space (slightly larger, because Texas). There's even room left over for the giant StarFlyer and a Lost Coaster of Superstition Mountain style TGG woodie or even a water coaster!

Sorry to burst everyone's bubble but the next coaster will probably be a GCI coaster similar to Apocolypse. Let's face it TNTG is now a steel coaster which means their flagship park is down to one wooden coaster while MM or GA(I and II) or OG has two wooden coasters. Even Six Flags America has two wooden coasters. With the lack of wooden coasters there, it seems an Apocalypse clone is coming to SFOT.

^We get deals like that, too.... but we're also a college town. Several colleges, in fact.

One year, SFOT (I think) offered season passes at a discount if your zip code showed you were outside the metroplex. That was right after SFAW closed, I don't think I've seen that since.

oh, I grew up in Houston (even went to UH for a couple of years before transferring up to UT).

but Houston is a big city with some Colleges (notably University of Houston, Rice, and possibly Stanford).

Austin is really classified as a College town (that also happens to be the State Capital).

Seriously, we have four big colleges here:

University of Texas

St. Edwards

Concordia University

Huston-Tillotson

(all within City Limits, and that's not counting Austin Community College, the Texas branch of University of Phoenix, and a local branch of LeCourdon Bleu Culinary Academy).

and if you go just up I35 to San Marcos - another Biggie: Texas State University

but yeah, glad to hear others have found the discounts too!

we just wait until we see the local ad, and then go to HEB and purchase!

Just sayin: Houston has plenty of big colleges too (UH, HBU Rice, St. Thomas, Texas Southern, and a few huge community college systems.) If you add up the enrollment of colleges in the Houston and Austin areas, Houston has about 96,000 more college students than Austin.

Austin definitely has more of a "college town" vibe. It just has far fewer actual college students.

Anyway, oh my god I love that Expedition GeForce fantasy!

I think there just going to announce a DC area. Add in a few rides and perhaps theme a Skyscreamer to a super hero. Then in 2014 they will add some kind of crazy coaster in the new developed area. They could have the area all cleared and ready to go for the coaster.

I think there just going to announce a DC area. Add in a few rides and perhaps theme a Skyscreamer to a super hero. Then in 2014 they will add some kind of crazy coaster in the new developed area. They could have the area all cleared and ready to go for the coaster.

So this post was meant to calm everyone down and have them considering that the announcement might even be crappier than SFStL's. No real rides or anything, just some crap theming. That possibility planted in everyone's head leads to much less anticipointment later when they announce something other than a badass, one-of-a-kind coaster.

Well played.

I dont think anyone has mentioned something like this.

Removing Flashback and Chute out opens the perfect place up for a station for an out and back hyper ALA Goliath at SFOG that goes out over JRS and the lake.

rough sketch...

Is it gonna happen? nah. Would I like it to? Hell yea!

It also leaves the strip mall, bumper cars, Johnny Rockets and everything else in that corner for future expansion

Edited by Austin55

Actually take that back. Maybe they're getting the boomerang from SFNE. It would make sense since Flashback needed a ton a maintinence. Supposedly inside sources are stating this might be an upgrade!

Quit posting out your ass...

Edited by ernierocker

^^If that were the plan, it would make a lot more sense just to put the station next to JRS's and not bother with crossing the road.

I'm just hoping that whatever it is, it's not lame like SFStL's "new" ride. I don't mind a used coaster, but make it a GOOD used coaster.

Removing Flashback and Chute out opens the perfect place up for a station for an out and back hyper ALA Goliath at SFOG that goes out over JRS and the lake.

rough sketch...

It also leaves the strip mall, bumper cars, Johnny Rockets and everything else in that corner for future expansion

That would be awesome!

rough sketch...

Umm...what about Titan?

By putting the station on that side of the road it allows more room for the station and transfer areas and a larger lift and break run, and also they wouldn't have to dig a tunnel back under the road.

Titan only has one airtime hill. And because Canada's wonderland.

^ Replace "hyper" with "giga". Everybody wins.

You know as crazy as it sounds. A "giga" is going bigger. I believe that was one of the hints

Would something like Skyrush fit there?

If only...

Thursday needs to hurry up and get here. I still just think its going to be an expansion of the park with some flat rides and a skyscreamer.