TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

^ As much as I would like to see those on Flashback, I don't think it will happen as that design just screams "Never in America". If we are lucky we might see new trains from Premier or KumbaK in its new home.

Never in America? Like this:

Or this:

Or, even better yet - this:

The Flashback rumor has been floating around here for a while now, and I've honestly not cared for it anyhow. I've ridden it maybe twice in all the years it's been there, so like most everyone else, it's no real loss. I wish Texas Chute Out's demise could at least be put off for another season. My daughter is 2 and not quite tall enough this year, but we were planning on taking her next year and I'm certain she would LOVE that ride. Both my boys love it and it would be nice for her to be able to experience a classic that I grew up with. It sucks, but it's the nature of the business.

Good-bye (good riddance?) Flashback.

RIP Texas Chute Out.

I just hope we get something worthy to replace them.

Six Flags over Texas needs another real coaster. Mr. Freeze is the only thing that excites me there anymore. Never cared for Titan, NTG is just ok for me, Batman inverts are just lame at this point but Mr Freeze still packs a punch. I would love to see an Apollos Chariot type of coaster there or a true woodie but I doubt they will go the wooden route or even another coaster for a few years.

A person with El Toro as their avatar wants a "true woodie" to be built? I find that refreshing. Haha. I think SFOT has a strong arsenal of very dynamic coasters. Batmans may be a dime a dozen but they are still great coasters, I love Titan, Giant is a strong ride, Shock Wave is pretty wild in back and yes Freeze is fantastic. Bobsleds are also pretty great. After riding Xflight at SFGAm I'm a fan of the wing coaster concept in Arlington but I don't want to see a clone.

^^They don't really need an Apollo's Chariot "type of ride", they have Titan. Sure, it's a different company but they are both hyper coasters. Unless you just like they way B&M makes hypers better, I dunno but I don't think SFoT needs anything Apollo esque.

But, a nice new wood coaster or wing rider would fit nicely here.

Six Flags over Texas needs another real coaster. Mr. Freeze is the only thing that excites me there anymore. Never cared for Titan, NTAG is just ok for me, Batman inverts are just lame at this point but Mr Freeze still packs a punch. I would love to see an Apollos Chariot type of coaster there or a true woodie but I doubt they will go the wooden route or even another coaster for a few years.

So, SFOT JUST got a crazy new coaster and yet your already whining about how they should add another? I don't know about would, but I would kill to have a coaster like Ntag in California, the thing looks insane! But not only that, but you have Mr. Freeze, Titan, and Shockwave which are all very well received rides.

I think the most obviously appropriate name of it will be the "Texas Star Flyer".

Except that it's the name of the one in Galveston already.

Am I the only one not at all scared of Star Flyers? I thought the 360ft one in Vienna was rather relaxing and I'm one who doesn't like heights much.

^As long as I'm moving around at a height I am not nervous, but when I am stationary at a height (drop towers, observation towers, large hotel towers) I get very nervous. Starflyers move around just enough to ease any fear of height.

Rides and the heights there don't bother me. I know that everything is controlled and safe.

I'm not as OK with observation towers or scenic overlooks.

I'm not OK at all with ladders.

I guess it all comes down to the relative amount of risk.

I think the most obviously appropriate name of it will be the "Texas Star Flyer".

Except that it's the name of the one in Galveston already.

Am I the only one not at all scared of Star Flyers? I thought the 360ft one in Vienna was rather relaxing and I'm one who doesn't like heights much.

Fine, then we'll name it the "Bigger Texas Star Flyer" And count me in the "these rides scare the poop out of me". I've only ridden the one at SFSL twice and it scares the hell outta me. I can do the coasters, giant wheels and the gyro drops, hell even the Texas Chute out, but I think the thing about these rides is you're so high up on those tiny looking chains like I said before. For some of us, it's just very unnerving. Even more terrifying is the descent as it always seems that you're not going to stop spinning and plow into the que house on the way down...I swear when you're riding it feels and looks like the one at SFSL doesn't stop spinning until you're about 25 feet above it. Such a simple ride, such a thrill for a lot of folks. If the rumors hold true, I'll be looking forward to riding the new one at SFOT.

I guess I'm the only one here that has no problem whatsoever with star flyers and observation towers.

If they are replacing Chute Out with a star flyer, then why did they remove Flashback? I think that SFOT will add a ride with a larger footprint.

Got my last ride on Flashback today. And I am Glad it's leaving. Going into that first inversion is super rough! And when the lift chain catches before you go back down is a major jerk too. Plus those horrible OTSR's... If they put new trains on it, I might consider riding it at it's new home, but chances are pretty low.

^^ Nobody better touch my beloved bobsleds! They are far too popular at that park anyhow. I can't see them getting rid of them. The bobsleds are as much a part of SFOT as the Log Ride, Mine Train, Shock Wave or the Oil Derrick in my mind. Some things you just cant mess with. Plus they have a single rider line and I make good use of it. haha

--but where would they install their X-Flight coaster clone in a few years?

In all seriousness, I will miss the Texas Chute Out, I first rode it in 1978, it was so cool being able to stand up in the baskets back then. I rode with my Auntie Lynn and my cousin Chad, who was about 6 at the time. When we started our decent, his knees buckled, and he squealed with delight and a bit of terror. I was able to take what is now my final ride last August. If they do indeed replace it with the ridiculously tall Star Flyer, that will be a good comparable ride. Though in all honesty, Star Flyers scare the absolute hell out of me, but I still ride them. I think its because you're up in the air supported by those very fragile looking chains, thought I know they are safe. I think the most obviously appropriate name of it will be the "Texas Star Flyer". Otherwise, they loose an attraction with "Texas" in it's name, giggle.

As for Flashback, I *really* hope their not going to send it to my "home" Six Flags, SFSL. We already have a boomerang in Missouri and I don't think we need another on the other side of the state.

I did think a Big B&M Flying like coaster would've worked there and some parking lot. Course that was back in the Burke era.

I work at sfot in 08 and they were suppose to break in down back then flashback, bummper cars, and shopping mall area to build that dark knight coaster sh*t..... so don't be surprised if i'm right and thats what they put in its place.......I'm sad to see flashback go no i have to lose alot of weight nothing for fat people to ride now very sadden fairwell flashback.........

Did anyone know that Pandemonium got stuck on July 27, 2012 and I was so suprised. It had people in the car and everything! People were working on it basically all day. Does this happen normally? I know I'm late about this, but I haven't had internet for a week!

359.jpg.c7bc033e05fcd020123a21917c2594fe.jpg

It was stuck at the bottom of the first hill!

375.jpg.f5ecb3ef00b698f2ea47af7670a34c3b.jpg

It had people in it too!

I work at sfot in 08 and they were suppose to break in down back then flashback, bummper cars, and shopping mall area to build that dark knight coaster sh*t..... so don't be surprised if i'm right and thats what they put in its place.......I'm sad to see flashback go no i have to lose alot of weight nothing for fat people to ride now very sadden fairwell flashback.........

I don't think we will see another Dark Knight as I think the plan for any clones were thrown in the dumpster after the chain heard the mixed reviews from the SFGA and SFGADV ones.