TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

I think it is a great idea. I mean hell in a few years they could even flip a few of the cars each direction. This almost certainly cost a huge amount less to change than Superman at Magic Mountain but will bring attention back to the ride. My only hope is that they spend some money on livening up the building. The last time I was at the park (admittedly 09) it was looking pretty sad.

Hoping to see a similar announcement as well for the version at SFStl for our trip to the MIdwest this Summer in June...I think I had read/heard that was a possibility...its always great to mix things up where possible on these rides and see the public's reaction and whether it makes a large difference...as already stated, SFMM certainly enhanced Superman with the change...

This is exciting news! I'm sure it will bring more people to the park if advertised well. I'm glad to see that SFOT is continuing to make improvements to their rides and not just making a change after the New Texas Giant excitement has died. Can't wait to ride it this summer!

Seems like a no-brainer to me. The company gets to sort of get a new ride for little money. At least, it's a new experience.

You've got to hand it to Six Flags for coming up with new ways to pretend they're getting new rides across the chain without spending much money in them. First, the Bizarros. Then Superman. Now this.

It's kind of like when mom comes up with creative things to do with leftovers.

I hope the stations and queue houses at both SFoT and SFStL get a nice refurb as well. I'm assuming they will since the other rehabbed coasters got everything pretty much fixed up as well. I guess time will tell. This is a great idea though. I can't wait to ride.

I see it going over better than JRS...I mean, JRS doesn't have a vertical spike and it really wasn't that great of a coaster. I rode it going forward, it was even less than I expected, and all I expected was a little air time. Mr. Freeze delivered every time I rode it, and being that it is a much more thrilling coaster it will probably go over better. The only issue is that you already get to do the ride backwards, just not a vertical dive or a backwards launch, so that is the one fault I see with this change.

No info on the tornado, but did come across this...

To mark the grand opening of the new Mr. Freeze Reverse Blast Ride, Six Flags Over Texas is bringing in none other than performer Vanilla Ice.

North Texas’ own Robert Van Winkle, aka Vanilla Ice, will perform a Noon concert at Six Flags to celebrate the launch of the new ride.

Riders on Mr. Freeze Reverse Blast will travel backward through a tunnel and climb more than 200 feet in the air. Riders will be suspended at the peak height before repeating the process again.

The Vanilla Ice concert will be on May 12th and is open to everyone at the amusement park.

CBSDFW.com

^ yup being in my school was frighting! We had power go out and a tornado was in our Senior parking lot and our roof had pieces everywhere on the ground. We are in a state of disaster! My home is fine here just have my swing blow across the backyard. Had big rumbles around the school and all cell services but texting went off. All of my friends on many cell carriers had no services. I'm going to call Six Flags to make sure things are good there and if I have to go to work on Friday. The roads around here are covered with trees, roofs, and ext. Right now it's all calm but lots of damage!

When Chad texted me I knew something bad was happening outside. It sure sounded like it!

^ Ya I live right by that place. I live off Sublett Road so you can tell how close I was to all this

^ Looks like you are going to work...

Six Flags Over Texas did not sustain any damage from today’s storm. The park will open as scheduled on Friday, April 6.

www.facebook.com/sixflagsovertexas

Ya.... I saw that... They say no damage but I'm sure we will clean it all up I know there must be some trash cans knocked over and might have trash in them....

Screamscape:

Six Flags over Texas will have a grand opening celebration for Mr. Freeze: Reverse Blast on May 12th at Noon, following a special concert performance by Vanilla Ice.

This makes me really sad for some reason.