TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Taking things on rides

arrowfanman wrote:

BTW...Disney puts you in no position where you can drop something on someone else (well, not entirely, but for the most part). Therefore, it would be safer to make you take your stuff with you, than be held accountable for having their stuff stolen.

Space Mountain, Test Track, Rock N Roller Coaster, Primeval Whirl, Big Thunder Mountain.

All examples of where there are several different cars on the track that many times cross over tracks with other trains full of passengers.

I know that...I was talking about dropping things on pedestrians walking on the walkways below. The opportunity to drop an item, and have it hit a vehilce below you is an extremely rare occurance, if you ask me, not that I am an expert.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robb you said what I was thinking 100%

After spending the last four days at WDW (don't know how many people say that the clones here are better than the Disneyland originals but thats another topic) the one major edge Disney just has over everyone else is how well they understand efficicncy.

It drove me nuts the other day at Universal with the stupid finger print lockers on every damn ride but at Disney its just carry it all on. You aren't ever going to loose something unless the train goes in reverse... same reason we don't need OTSRs. The sheer number of people Disney can put through compared to the competition really is a thing to behold.

Just watch the dispatches at Big Thunder, Rock N Roller Coaster or Space Mountain and its pretty clear. 30sec Dispatch on RnRC sure beats 4.5mins on Dragons the other day.

When I head to IOA tomorrow I'll be sure NOT to take a bag with me

Well, after watching certain folks from certain urban areas get off their train on STeel Force and then "shop" through the available bins for what they felt like taking, I wont use those stupid bins.

I _know_ it is not the ride-op's responsibility to keep an eye out for theft.. but jesus folks.. when you see the guy get off the train, go to the OTHER bin, open the lid, look in and look around, then grab a camera and a stuffed animal (again.. wrong bin) and walk off nonchalantly, it should be obvious.

I just try not to carry too much crap around the park. If I'm filming, I'll go in, get my filming done, take my photos, and then take the stuff back to the car and then go ride.

Maeryk

BTW...Disney puts you in no position where you can drop something on someone else (well, not entirely, but for the most part). Therefore, it would be safer to make you take your stuff with you, than be held accountable for having their stuff stolen.

Space Mountain, Test Track, Rock N Roller Coaster, Primeval Whirl, Big Thunder Mountain.

All examples of where there are several different cars on the track that many times cross over tracks with other trains full of passengers.

These examples are no different than rides found in Six Flags, Paramount, Busch parks.

And also, someone made a comment about "The only ride Disney really cares is Tower of Terror because they don't want people's hands up."

Every time I've been on Tower they tell you to take your stuff with you, and these two shots give you PLENTY of examples to prove that!

http://www.themeparkreview.com/orlando2005/halloween/mgm/mgm22.jpg

http://www.themeparkreview.com/wedding/tot/tot-onride.jpg

Not only can you see items in many people's hands, but also bags as well!

--Robb

http://www.themeparkreview.com/wedding/tot/tot-onride.jpg

Yeah, I had to hold on to my sack real tight b/c I did not want to hit anyone in the face.

At CP this summer, this ride op named "Chad" stuck his hand in front of my camera because I was filming in the station. I told him I was going to put it in a zipper pocket and he said it was fine, but still wouldent let me film in the station! I mean, its not like im going to chuck my camera at a train as it pulls out of the station, and all I was really doing was getting the awsome toaster music on camera! But oh well, ride ops have to be strict and I understand....

Colin"But I do sneak my camera every now and then, tehe'C

shesaidboom,

On Joker's Jinx in '99, I used to wear a Band-Aid over my eyebrow ring just so they wouldn't see it. They finally gave up and discontinued the rule. The next year, when I was actually working on Jinx, I remember a fellow employee demanding someone take out their eyebrow ring. I stepped in and said that I know for a fact that you can wear them now. She wouldn't budge so I had to punch her in the face (just kidding, we called the manager).

When the Steel Phantom was still around a ride-op before you got into the station made you take out all earrings. Too much head banging there were earrings ripped from a few ears. :shock: :shock:

I hated the rule, but I knew never to wear them on a day I went to KW.

When I went to USH in August, the attendant asked me to take off my phone and camera before riding Revenge of the Mummy. I told her that everything was secure, but she made me go to the lockers and put my stuff in before she'd let me on.

Fortunately, unlike a certain chain whose trademark is flying a half dozen banners at their parks, Universal's lockers give you 90 minutes for free.

Eric

When the Steel Phantom was still around a ride-op before you got into the station made you take out all earrings. Too much head banging there were earrings ripped from a few ears. :shock: :shock:

I hated the rule, but I knew never to wear them on a day I went to KW.

I had my cartilage ring ripped out on a coaster this past summer. Although there was no rule saying earrings had to be taken out for this specific coaster, it was my own fault for leaving it in while riding..although if I had taken it out, the hole would've closed after 10 minutes or so anyway. I like the bandaid idea, Mind Eraser. That would probably help keep things from being ripped out.

I hate that it works that way, but I guess it has to.

Dorney - actually forced to take everything we had on Laser

Yeah, Ninja (SFMM) is like that most of the time. It's annoying, balancing a purse (when I feel like bringing one), a souvenir cup (tip: buy one and bring it with you the rest of the year, then you get sodas for a dollar), and whatever the heck else (jacket, etc.) rrr.

Then there was the time when we were getting off, I think it was Batman, and my husband tripped over this giant pile of shoes that people had taken off prior to riding. Why the f**k would you wear flip-flops to a place that has stuff that goes upside down? Sheesh.