TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Taking things on rides

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah.. we have to be really annoying at Universal about bags/cups/cameras/purses.. anything really. At least at Dragons we had to be really strict because the dueling aspect and having a seperate load/unload area. There's really no other way to do it other than the free lockers. We cant have guests (which let's face it.. some are extremely stupid) running down to the unload area and stepping on the platform, tripping, and getting smashed by a 14 ton train.

I guess the reason the Hulk doesnt have a drop off is because they dont guests to think that's the norm at the parks.

Eric

Gosh yeah Hulk was insane! I've never seen them as psycho as they were! Someone would have like a little belt clip and it was off to the lockers for them! In the past they have allowed belt packs, small camera bags, etc. This time they were insane!

It's a shame, but we should be used to it by now! 99% of laws and rules were created and enforced because of the stupid 1% of the population that would be dumb enough to do something!

Cedar Point was insane this year! I felt bad making people go pay for a locker to stash away some of the stuff they had. Some things were obnoxiously big and obviously couldn't go on the ride, but some things that we HAD to catch (like small stuffed animals) I thought was just a little over the edge.

99% of laws and rules were created and enforced because of the stupid 1% of the population that would be dumb enough to do something!

I hate that it works that way, but I guess it has to.

I didn't really notice them being extremely anal at IOA when I was there in August. Obviously they were about larger things, but people were looping flip-flops through the seat belts on dueling dragons, and carrying smaller things onto both that and hulk..the ride ops didn't really say anything about it. I had a fanny pack on one of the days I was there, and the ride-op on hulk just told me it couldn't get in the way of the restraint, but otherwise it was fine.

No, it doesn't. There are too many dumbasses in this world, we need to stop allowing them to survive and then mate with other dumbasses. Let Darwinian theories play out the natural way..

Just some examples in my recent trips:

Cedar Point - dropped like $15 into lockers last year

Universal - stricter than ever, at least they are usually free for x minutes

Busch Tampa and Williamsburg - Anal on some rides, hell, they even stopped the train on Apollo's while I was iding because someone had a camera

Dorney - actually forced to take everything we had on Laser

Knoebels - rules?

SFOG - bad early in the year, eased up on the rules once it got busy

... overall I'd say things are getting more strict with the sue first ask questions later and hope for a settlement type of society we have :?

No, it doesn't. There are too many dumbasses in this world, we need to stop allowing them to survive and then mate with other dumbasses. Let Darwinian theories play out the natural way..

Haha. Oh, I agree with you..but until someone carries out a solution we'll be stuck with stupid rules and warnings. Do they really need to write 'don't use while sleeping' on instructions for a hair dryer? Someone must have done it if they wrote it on the package. :shock:

My sister carried her purse on almost every ride at Cedar Point and King's Island. She almost lost it on Magnum Xl 200, Gemini, and Flight of Fear.

The ride ops didn't seem to care very much about loose articles at any park I went to this year. People at SFOG were allowed to wear their glasses on rides.

I always wear shorts with zipper pockets. I don't trust my wallet and phone in the open cubicles off to the side of the ride.

What I don't understand is.....

Disney.

The largest, most vistied parks in the WORLD and they practically FORCE you to take every possesion you could possibly think of with you.

Even on California Screamin, Rock N Roller Coaster, Indy, Test Track or Tower or Terror! Take it all!!!

Bags, stuffed animals, back packs, baby grand pianos, ANYTHING.

You would think that in a sue-happy world that the lawyer infested beast that Disney is would enforce a body cavity search before getting on It's A Small World. But no. You can take half your life with you on all their rides and it's ok.

Why can't other parks follow this example?

--Robb "I don't get it." Alvey

Edited by robbalvey

^100% agreement!

The thing that really irritates me is a bag that is attached to a person by a clip or other device is NOT a loose article. It is attached to the person, and as long as it does not interfere with the restraint system in any way, it should be allowed on the rides. I've pretty much given up taking a video camera to US parks any more, as the insane bag restrictions have just gone too far.

dt

Also, on SKull Mountain, the ops noticed somebody put a waterbottle bottle on the floor of the car so they stopped it right when the train exited the station.

For some reason, SFOG has a big problem with this. Every time I get on GA Cyclone or Ninja, I have to pick out the trash left by other people in the car. It was just ridiculous the last time I rode GA Cyclone. I picked up 3 water bottles, some park maps, lots of receipts, and park tickets out from under my feet before I rode.

While I was stuck on the lift of Ninja, I noticed an unopened water bottle laying at my feet! I just kept my foot on it the whole time, since it would not be very fun to have it fly up and hit me in the face. The ride is already painful enough!

yup they did not let me use the camrea for an onride their, then go to lc and no prob.

disneyland saw me puting my camera away and he asked if i was wanting to film the ride. i told him i would love too but i know it must be agenst the rules so i won't. he told me its not so have at it and enjoy , and keep everything inside the car with you too. i had 2 stuffed animals with my wife and the video camera and bag on matterhorn. they let me take on ride of every ride i cam to with no if ands or buts about it. amazing how disney could care less if i did and good old sfne says leave it here or their you can't take it with you.

Well I only went to SFMW and Disneyland/DCA this year, but they seemed the same as usual about taking things on rides.

SFMW~ They still made you put your stuff in those "safe" bins. No change there. In fact on some rides they wouldn't let you on unless you put your stuff down. There's probably a better chance of your stuff getting stolen out of a bin than it falling out on Roar or something, but oh well.

DLR~They don't even have bins. I kept my stuff with me the whole time, which was a good thing. Except on TOT when I had to keep my bag in between my kneess and pray it wouldn't fly out. Well I only did that since it was my first time on it, and I was a little paranoid.

Edited by tinkerbell

Now on Superman they have this cool thing. When you are in the blue trina you put it in the blue cabinet. And then whent he red train comes in they slide this thing over and a red cabinet appears. So the people on the blue train can not steal the things that the people have on the red train. Pretty cool I think.

^Yea, I saw that at Knotts.

Anyway, anal loose articles polices really grind my gears!

BTW...Disney puts you in no position where you can drop something on someone else (well, not entirely, but for the most part). Therefore, it would be safer to make you take your stuff with you, than be held accountable for having their stuff stolen.

(I also like Disney's system of assigning seats to speed up the lines, but allowing you to request a seat if you do. Not only is the line fast, you end up having to wait only two or three trains for your requested seat.)

It was very nice over at Universal CA, the lockers were free for a certain amt. of time, and we just took our stuff out when the time was about to end, and took it over to a different ride. We probably used the mummy lockers 4 times

BTW...Disney puts you in no position where you can drop something on someone else (well, not entirely, but for the most part). Therefore, it would be safer to make you take your stuff with you, than be held accountable for having their stuff stolen.

Space Mountain, Test Track, Rock N Roller Coaster, Primeval Whirl, Big Thunder Mountain.

All examples of where there are several different cars on the track that many times cross over tracks with other trains full of passengers.

These examples are no different than rides found in Six Flags, Paramount, Busch parks.

And also, someone made a comment about "The only ride Disney really cares is Tower of Terror because they don't want people's hands up."

Every time I've been on Tower they tell you to take your stuff with you, and these two shots give you PLENTY of examples to prove that!

http://www.themeparkreview.com/orlando2005/halloween/mgm/mgm22.jpg

http://www.themeparkreview.com/wedding/tot/tot-onride.jpg

Not only can you see items in many people's hands, but also bags as well!

--Robb

It's funny, Robb's talking about how Disney forces you to take everything on; SFA doesn't even let you wear FANNY PACKS on the coasters (well, more specifically, SROS).

I remember way back in the days of Wild World and Adventure World, we used to take our huge backpacks on Wild One. We would sit them on the floor of the car, and put our legs through the straps. It was a simple and safe measure to ensure we didn't lose our stuff and no one ever came even close to getting hurt (except for my friend who busted his lip on the lap bar! ). And for awhile, they made you take out ALL facial piercings on Joker's Jinx.

Some parks, in general, need to relax just a bit.