TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Strange things at IOA

Hey everyone. Today at IOA (where i work) there were large balloons in several areas in JP. Some people heard rumors that the balloons meant different things such as one was a height at the top of a lift hill for a new coaster and other balloons meant other things. Also, this morning apparently there was a helicopter hovering pretty low over this area.. It's been rumored for awhile about a possible Flying B&M in the JP section but this was the first time anything weird has been going on. I've never heard of balloons being used to mark layouts or anything but it makes sense to get an idea of a possible layout.

Who knows! Hopefully someone got some pictures.

Eric

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The park needs something else. If they plan on building a new coaster, they better be working on something else as well. Not everyone likes coasters, so hopefully they don't turn it into another BGT. I was hoping for the jeep ride.

It could very well be possibly a new coaster. According to someone else that works there, he/she bumped into a person with plans or blueprints walking around JP and said they were trying to find a way to "place this roller coaster here". Of course, rumors like that should be dismissed but it is interesting to say nonetheless.

It wouldn't suprise me if they removed Camp Jurassic and P-flyers, and put a new ride there. We shouldn't really come to conclusions yet until we actually see any construction (if any will begin).

Oh man can you imagine if they themed them... Actually what would they theme them as...

Anyway it would be so cool to have a flying coaster over some of that stuff. It would also be nice to see the new owners actually put something in... (I believe thats right anyway)

^^That would be a terrible move if they took out Camp Jurassic. It's honestly the *best* "young adult/kids" area I've ever seen at a park, including the much hyped Paramount Parks. Sure, those parks have more rides, but there's so much cool stuff to do in CJ.

Now as for them taking out P-Flyers, I can see that (and think they will) but that's more because of its capacity. I think they'd add something else for the kids to do if they removed it as well. A shame, too, because it's a fun little ride.

Joe

Yer, loads of parks use them as a marker so they can see the highest pints of the rides. It helps them and the planning departments more in visioning what the ride will look like when it is in the park, not jsut on paper.

The british parks have been using Balloons as markers for ages. Thorpe have done it with Colossus, Nemesis Inferno and Project Stealth (their rocket coaster for 2006) and Alton did it for Oblivion, Rita and when they wanted to build there wooden coaster in the valley.

So yer, height marking balloons going up in theme parks are normally a good sign of things to come! :lol

My granny thinks you have to be a certian age to ride coasters, and there was no height requirement.

Why'd you ask your grandma? She probably can't ride coasters anymore. That's still pretty funny. Imagine Riddler; THE RIDDLER'S REVENGE You must be 50 years old to ride.

^I believe you have to be 18 to ride in the back seat of Cyclops at Big Chiefs.

Anyway that's not a standard practice much here in the states.

Now back on subject: A new coaster at IOA is great news, particularly since they could use more major thrills there. A B&M flyer is most likely but following current trends it could be an Intamin Rocket as well. Although possible I doupt it'll be a woodie... Prehapse a smaller steel coaster...

Even though I probably won't be able to get to IOA for a good 5 years I'm very interested.

ride6

Lol! I told her that i wanted to go on MF at CP, but she said i am too young! What the heck, in the video, there is a kid riding it at 8.

Apparently, you have to be over 12 to ride Expedition G-Force.

so you didn't get to ride it?! oh my gosh, that sucks terribly! and you came all the way from europe!? i feel bad for you.

back to subject-

I've heard that a flying coaster was being planned but I personally didn't think it would happen. But right now it looks like something is happening! A flyer would be great. Let's hope that it includes some interesting elements that will be unique to it. (like most of the other IOA rides)

I'm still holding out hope for a Captain America Hyper Coaster in Marvel Superhero Island! Derek and a bunch of his friends even drew up plans and handed them to their wait staff at Confiscos!

Just think how cool that would be!!!!

Elissa "Boo to flyers!" Alvey