TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silverwood Discussion Thread

^Invertigo creates just about the same force to give you the same headache as Deja Vu, so don't feel like you're missing out.

That's correct. No headache nor pain! - At least on CGA's Invertigo and SFMM's Deja Vu.

My friend who works at the park said operations are very smooth. According to him, it brought in record attendance for a Monday. I guess there's no turning back for this small park now. They built a big coaster, so now they will be expected to build more. Could this possibly be the next SFMM within the next 20 years?

There's quite a few of his off-ride videos of Aftershock from opening day here.

^^I don't know about that. They got Corkscrew and Aftershock practically off of "eBay", so unless GADv gets tired of Kingda Ka and sells it for less than what Inamin wants for a new one, it's gonna be hard.

On a side note, though it relates to the above mentioned, I read a report from IAAPA the park paid $3 million for this ride which included dismantling it, transporting it, and reassembling it on site.

Spokesman Layne Pitcher said it cost $3 million to dismantle, ship and reassemble the ride at the theme park just north of Hayden.

Though obviously not impossible, It's not likely Silverwood will get a ride of this magnitude at that cheap of a price.

Full article can be found here.

www.spokesmanreview.com/breaking/story.asp?ID=15817

Being the contest winner, I was there. The opening on Monday was a success. I got four rides in before the public was let on. As soon as I get the pictures uploaded to my computer, which will be this evening when my dad get's home because it's his camera, not mine, I'll post a photo trip report, my thoughts, opinions, etc. Let me just say that they did a great job re-habbing the trains, as the ride was super-smooth.

^Yes, of course it has. It's not every month it has valleyed in the cobra roll, but it was maybe every 2 years at Great America, it would do that.

I don't think they put a wooden ramp between the loop, and the cobra roll either. They trust the ride too much.

Am I the only one who thinks it looks out of place? It is so large, and with it's color scheme, it sticks out like a sore thumb. Even if it is repainted, it will probably still look out of place due to its size. I'd rather see an SLC than this, but I remember reading that Deja vu was sold for a cheap price, so it worked out well for the park.

Yes, that was their objective. It is the first thing you see coming down the road to the park (assuming the park in on your left). Probably about 95% of the people there have only been to Silverwood and have never seen anything like this. A ride like this looks so monstrous and cool to them. They don't have any plans to change the colors right now. All of the signs and whatnot are colored in it's current color scheme, so they'd have to change all of them also.

I was supposed to go, but It was announced the day b4 opening.

Yeah, there were only 3 other finalists there, so the majority of them couldn't make it on such short notice. There were some communication problems. It was supposed to originally open on Sunday, but I didn't get word that it was pushed back to Monday until Sunday morning at about 11:00 am. You could tell that this was there first time doing this, lol. They still did an excellent job, though.

Lastly, yes, it did cost them $3 million just to move it, but Silverwood did the electrical work themselves.

Theres no reason to re-paint it, was painted in 2005 and still looks nice. Also theres no way they would paint it for next year or they wouldve done it already, would be silly to change the color the year after it opens.

I get a kick out of everybody saying "they did a great job rehabbing it," that thing was babied/got enorumous rehabs in every aspect pretty much every year at its former park to get it to operate more consistently, and the ride was always pretty smooth.

IMO the ride looks bad-ass there, awesome setting and definitley will get some blood pumping in the guests of that park. Hopefully it runs more consistently now that its not with a cursed chain anymore.

^Yes, of course it has. It's not every month it has valleyed in the cobra roll, but it was maybe every 2 years at Great America, it would do that.

It only vallied once in the cobra roll that was in 2003 and was before the park opened. It hapenned more frequently at Magic Mountain (though it probably doesnt anymore).

I don't think they put a wooden ramp between the loop, and the cobra roll either. They trust the ride too much.

It only vallied once there which was the first weekend of 2002, and they built that platform after that very quickley as a reaction. They've never actually used that platform as it never vallied there after that.

I rode it twice this fine day. I had ridden DejaVu at SFMM a few years ago and tried to get this DejaVu credit in 2003 (this ride will not be operating today). All in all it was good, it ran pretty smooth and it also ran all day. The GP there seemed to like it although the lines for the woodies were bigger most of the day. I'll ride it again but I definately won't wait long for it. - Barry

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

For everyone that's wondering how Aftershock is doing after 3 years at silverwood im proud to say that Its running strong. Very reliable and this year it ended with a 3% downtime. Ive sat in Aftershock's seats over 200 times now and I never get tired of it. We still do not have a valley platform under the cobra roll but we dont even need it. Ive seen a couple miscatches but other then that this roller coaster looks to have a permanent home.

Every time I rode the one at SFOG I waited about 2 hours,the combination of low capacity,slow loader and constant breakdowns made getting on this coaster very annoying.Maybe a smaller park with smaller crowds who's willing to take care of it would make sense.