TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silverwood Discussion Thread

• 1 year later...

Silverwood's Website Announcement

Here it is: the metal monster that will dominate the skies over Silverwood. This 191 foot tall beast is really two thrills in one, because not only does it take you forwards through a cobra roll and inverted loop at over 65 mph, but backwards as well!

Once you board, the cars will slowly move backwards up the starting tower until you’re staring straight at the ground at nearly 190 feet in the air. Then gravity will take over and pull you 177 feet straight down as you reach speeds of 65 miles per hour! You’ll twist and turn though mind-blowing loops and rolls until you reach the second tower. This time, you’ll be looking at the sky as the coaster pulls you upward at a 90 degree angle, only to release and send you barreling through the whole thing backwards!

Glad to see it official, I guess.

Anyone feel kind of sorry for Silverwood?

But why? GIBs are fun to ride (at least Stunt Fall at PW). I know they are a nightmare to run but if this park keeps it in good condition (not neglected like when it was at Six Flags Great America) it will be a nice way to boost their attendance.

Dunno, I think they are really impressive both to look at and ride.

I think Silverwood will do great with this ride. Every expansion they have done to the park has been a great expansion in my opinion. They had to know that Six Flags had problems running it and I'm sure they thought of a plan to keep it running well. Plus, I have a new credit to hit soon so I'm excited! only at 10 hour drive away.

They must have gotten a great deal on it. Or maybe they are getting 2 for the price of one. I guess for me I could think of alot better rides to buy then that lawn orniment. Maybe it was just Sux Flags maintenance that couldnt get it to operate properly. I have heard the one over in Europe operates normally. Maybe Vekoma has promissed them the moon if they were to add the ride and operate it.

Silverwood might actually look after it, and if they get their thinking caps on they might be able to make the capacity reasonable (ie efficient operations) though I presume the ridership should be much lower at a smaller park.

Wonder where Georgia's is going?

I think Deja Vu wasn't a bad ride, I've been on 2 of the 3, being suspended for the 1st drop is pretty cool.

Does anyone know if this is for 2008 or 2009?

Oh well, this is great for the park, and a capacity nightmare like Deja vu will do well in a park like Silverwood. While this isn't the coaster I'd pick(I'd rather see a SLC, GCI, or Powder Keg type coaster), it is always good to see "smaller" parks expand. It is nice to see the region get a good steel coaster, and hopefully Silverwood finds a way to run it with minimal downtime.

Anyone consider the fact that the ride may be getting an equipment upgrade with the move? I can see them putting proximity switches on it in place of the timers it currently uses, which are a major cause of the severe downtime.

Glad to see it official, I guess.

Anyone feel kind of sorry for Silverwood?

I mean, this is what it would be like if Holiday World got a Deja Vu as their first big steel coaster!

I'm totally with you on this. There are countless better coasters they could have purchased.

They own Knott's old Corkscrew (which runs about as well as you would expect a 1970's Arrow to run)... so this doesn't surprise me too much. They do have experience with used steel.

But it's going to be weird because of the fact that it will dwarf everything else in the park! And it will definitely be one of the tallest things in Northern Idaho.

I guess if there's one good thing about me sticking around Spokane this summer for school... this is it!

Interestingly enough I've always wanted to ride one of these things especially because they're so rare.

July seems so far out though especially with the sub zero temperatures we have been experiencing the last few days.

Wonder when they'll start instillation?

I like this ride a lot. Good thing to see it saved. Unfortunatley it has a bad track record. Maybe Vekoma will install some sort of anti... if-the-train-valleys-after-the-vertical-loop-something-will-pull-it-back-up-the-spike-so-that-it-doesn't-have-to-be-disassembled-and-then-reassembled-in-the-station (to be said as one word ) mechanism...

At least that's what I was told by someone, that if it valleys anywhere it shouldn't, that the train has to be disassembled and then reassembled in the station. Can someone verify?

July seems so far out though especially with the sub zero temperatures we have been experiencing the last few days.

Wonder when they'll start instillation?

Oh, when it was being installed at SFGAm, it wasn't opened until Oct! And I believe they started in the very beginning of the off season too. So, I guess only time will tell.

lol anywho best luck to them with this mechanical nightmare.

^^^^Bahahahaha

My only question is what is it about GIBs that make them so prone to break downs? Is it the vertical lift mechanisms? Is it the catch-car on the reverse spike? Did Vekoma just goof on the first 3 they built and thats why Stunt Fall is good?

I'm sure if they just got the formula right and made these have more than >1% reliability they'd be a smash hit. When I went on one I thought it was the coolest thing!

Maybe Silverwood will use that magic touch and put everything together carefully so that nothing creates more problems than it needs to.