TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silverwood Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, swfan1988 said:

Well the woodies run one train all the time...and the ops are hit or miss so those lines can range from 45 minutes to an hour and half, although they tend to change throughout the day. The park counts their busy season as the 4th of July through Labor Day, but some days are better than others. Days to definitely stay away from are Opening Weekend, 4th of July, Toyota Tuesdays, or pretty much any day the waterpark is closed. Boulder Beach (the attached waterpark) is the "people eater" for the park, so not having it open really puts too much of a burden on the theme park. I think the Canadian border is still closed so that will help a bit, especially if you go later in the summer.

The best days are weekdays in June when the waterpark is open, but I've also had good luck with weekdays later in the season as well. Get to the park at 10:15 and rope drop either the wooden coasters if your starting with the theme park, or Ricochet Rapids and Avalanche Mountain if your starting with the waterpark. You should be able to do each at least 2-3 times with little to no wait before the crowds show up.  In general, the earlier you get there and the later you stay the better the crowds will be.

Some other random tips:

-Aftershock can't run in cold weather or if there's winds above 150'. If it's closed in the morning, wait till mid-afternoon (around 3 or so) and it will probably open up. You can see it testing from almost anywhere in the park, so if you see it testing start making your way over there.

-The back seat is probably the best on all the coasters. Although I'm sure someone here will disagree...

-Don't go to the train at the last minute, or it will be full. You should get there about 15 minutes before it leaves (the top of every hour). The best seats are either the open-air car in the middle or and further back. Make sure you sit on the side of the train station (right hand side) for the best views of the stunt show.

-Chuckwagon John's (in the picnic pavilions behind Tremors) is THE BEST!!! It's all-you-can-eat BBQ, plus salad corn bread, drinks, mash potatoes, etc. Other solid options are the High Moon Saloon on Main Street, and the bake goods at the Victorian Coffee House and Silverwood Coffee Roasting and Trading. The new paninis at Caselli's over by Corkscrew look good (haven't tried them but they look really good). Most everything else is maybe slightly above average theme park food, better than Six Flags or Cedar Fair but nothing to write home about. If you want ice cream go to the South Creamery across from Panic Plunge, it has the same ice cream the main Ice Creamery is famous for but with shorter lines.

-Stunt Pilot opens on May 29. It has two trains but it's a real wild card on if they'll use them, how popular it will be, how it will effect crowds on the other rides.

-The magic show is really good, it's won some awards, and it's pretty popular but you can usually get a seat if you get there about 10-15 minutes before the show starts. Nick Norton is the magician everyone talks about, but Isaiah Daniels (Nick's protégé) is also pretty good.

-Enjoy yourself!! The park is really pretty all times of the year, and there's more to see and do than there initially seems so take a little time and enjoy it all!

Wow, thanks. Fantastic write-up and great info. I'll hang on to this. Moved out here a few years ago and really miss having so many coasters and parks within a day's driving distance (Carowinds was my home park). It's slim pickings out here...

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, HavenHamilton said:

Wow, thanks. Fantastic write-up and great info. I'll hang on to this. Moved out here a few years ago and really miss having so many coasters and parks within a day's driving distance (Carowinds was my home park). It's slim pickings out here...

Well, welcome to the coaster desert!! Really glad to help! 

Silverwood (family owned, smaller/less-frequent major investments, no rides over 200 ft tall,) is no Carowinds (Cedar Fair, Fury, lots of investment, need I say more?) by most standards, but I think it's the best the PNW has as far as the whole package goes (Good wooden coasters, unique/rare steel coasters, descent water park, good entertainment, and great landscaping/atmosphere). Wild Waves is a Six Flags wannabe (except the budget is like a 10th of Six Flags'), and Enchanted Forest is too small to get much. Oaks Park has been more aggressive lately, so that could get interesting, although I think COVID was quite the set back for them.

Would love to hear your thoughts when you get back!

• Like 1

I'm a little bummed I won't be able to visit the park (for the first time) this summer as planned. I told myself I would make the drive up there from Utah as soon as they add an RMC, and of course the year they add it I got a great job offer out in Florida that I took. Obviously my enthusiast-self has zero complaints about moving near all the Florida parks, but dang. I did wanna give Silverwood a shot before leaving the West. Maybe someday. I am mostly drawn to Aftershock since I really enjoyed Deja Vu at SFMM and rode it again as Goliath at SFNE where it is utter garbage now. Of course Stunt Pilot looks fantastic as well.

• Like 1

First test run from the official twitter!

Looks more sanely paced overall than the original raptors, but the first drop looks like it could fire the back row into space if the restraints weren't there! 😛

I wonder how different the front and back rows will be with 10 cars? It's no comparison, but adding two cars to Olympia Looping drastically changes the ride, so this is similar.

• Like 2

Champions League Yes GIF by UEFA

YESSS!!! MAY 29 HERE WE COME!!!!

Not gonna lie...a little underwhelmed by the pacing, but I guess it is the first time it's ran ever and we don't know what speed it had going off the lift (for all we know they could have had a mouse push start it...😜) Even if that IS the pacing, I think it will still be great. The hangtime/upside town floater it looks like you could get on the dive loop looks like so much fun! Plus I think if you throw in the twisted airtime hill thingy and the barn flythrough finale, it's gonna be fun no matter what!

ONLY 17 MORE DAYS!!!

Edited by swfan1988
Removed inaccurate information

The original raptors ran about this pace in their first test runs. Trust me... this thing will speed up and start hauling. But perhaps the 10-car trains and redesigned/reshaped elements will make a difference in the pacing.

I'm happy for all of you Pacific Northwest people. This will be a great addition to the park that is long overdue!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, thrillseeker4552 said:

The original raptors ran about this pace in their first test runs. Trust me... this thing will speed up and start hauling. But perhaps the 10-car trains and redesigned/reshaped elements will make a difference in the pacing.

I'm happy for all of you Pacific Northwest people. This will be a great addition to the park that is long overdue!

Thanks for the tip! That's what I suspected...

Upon second thought, it doesn't look like it was pushed. Sorry about the excitement, my original post will be corrected.

ONLY 9 DAYS TO GO!!!! WHOO HOO!!!

In the park's monthly newsletter that went out, they included some more photos of construction! Some of these we've already seen on the park's socials, but the last one is new!!

image.thumb.png.fb3b48c8f4d56f2b820cb7a6a490352e.pngimage.thumb.png.4a2f1ed0a22845c5a67a826c10c99653.pngimage.thumb.png.11ca8305da644f0bda685e00f804a443.png

Look it's themeing!!!! I hope it lights up at night because that could be so cool!!! Also looks like the barn flythrough (in the background) is gonna be an opening day feature! I'm not the hugest fan of the "batting cage"-esque queue fence, but I guess it kinda fits in with the theme?

In other news, here's another view of the ride testing:

Is it just me, or does every time you watch a video of it testing it looks like its going faster than the last time, even if its the exact same video? Must be just me... either way, I think that when this thing is warmed up and fully loaded it's gonna be insane! May 29 here we come!

• Like 1

WHOLLY CRAP!!!! THERE'S A POV!!!! (Sorry for the double post, it literally came out right after I posted)

AND IT LOOKS AMAZING!!!!! It was definitely filmed by the park during the first test run we saw a week ago or so (it's exactly the same audio if you listen closely), so I would expect it to go faster when warmed up and fully loaded but it looks even faster on-ride! I LOVE the bran flythrough finale and the twisted airtime hill looks incredible!! None of the reprofiling seems to have impacted the ride from my perspective. I don't know about y'all, but I'm SUPER EXCITED now!!!! (If you couldn't already tell...) WHOO YEAH 9 DAYS TO GO!!!!

• Like 2

Sorry again for the double post (sure has been quiet around this thread lately...)

Interesting bit on RMC from the Spokesman-Review article on Stunt Pilot (https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2021/may/27/heres-how-stunt-pilot-silverwoods-first-new-roller/) "“We were very lucky that everything worked out,” said [Gary]Norton, who watched as members of the media took turns on the coaster Thursday morning. “The bad year last year, the pandemic, caused (Grubb)  to actually almost shut down. He was going to have to lay everyone off. I said, I’ll tell you what, I’ll take a chance that we’re going to come out of this, and I’ll buy one.” " He also said that he had wanted a Raptor since they first came out.

Kinda sounds as though we almost lost RMC during COVID, didn't realize that they were in that much trouble. Thankfully it looks like both the park and RMC have rebounded for this season hopefully! It interesting how a single Raptor prototype coaster, that was originally intended for Kentucky Kingdom, wound up being what sounds like a life ring for RMC, and an opportunity for Silverwood to rebound from a tough year. (AND it was placed right next to another ride that was relocated from Kentucky Kingdom due to their troubles!) I hope this works out for the both of them, and early reports seem to indicate that it just might! Let's hope that this opens the door for more collaboration between Silverwood and RMC in the near future...

Stunt Pilot (and Boulder Beach) open this Saturday!! Whoo Hoo!!! Who else is really excited?

Sorry again for the double post (sure has been quiet around this thread lately...)

Interesting bit on RMC from the Spokesman-Review article on Stunt Pilot (https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2021/may/27/heres-how-stunt-pilot-silverwoods-first-new-roller/) "“We were very lucky that everything worked out,” said [Gary]Norton, who watched as members of the media took turns on the coaster Thursday morning. “The bad year last year, the pandemic, caused (Grubb)  to actually almost shut down. He was going to have to lay everyone off. I said, I’ll tell you what, I’ll take a chance that we’re going to come out of this, and I’ll buy one.” " He also said that he had wanted a Raptor since they first came out.

Kinda sounds as though we almost lost RMC during COVID, didn't realize that they were in that much trouble. Thankfully it looks like both the park and RMC have rebounded for this season hopefully! It interesting how a single Raptor prototype coaster, that was originally intended for Kentucky Kingdom, wound up being what sounds like a life ring for RMC, and an opportunity for Silverwood to rebound from a tough year. (AND it was placed right next to another ride that was relocated from Kentucky Kingdom due to their troubles!) I hope this works out for the both of them, and early reports seem to indicate that it just might! Let's hope that this opens the door for more collaboration between Silverwood and RMC in the near future...

Stunt Pilot (and Boulder Beach) open this Saturday!! Whoo Hoo!!! Who else is really excited?

I will be interested in seeing how the extra rows and slight changes in profiling the ride have an impacted it compared to RailBlazer and Wonder Woman. I have rode both of those a bunch and really enjoy them. I will be going the second Saturday in July. It is a nice park, been once before in the fall so I'm looking forward to Aftershock because that wasn't running in my last visit. 

On 5/27/2021 at 7:11 PM, swfan1988 said:

AND it was placed right next to another ride that was relocated from Kentucky Kingdom due to their troubles!

What's the other KK relocation??

On 5/29/2021 at 6:00 PM, DBru said:

What's the other KK relocation??

On 5/29/2021 at 10:40 PM, Comeagain? said:

Roaring Creek Log Flume. 

The log flume (or at least the lift hill, boats (or at least the original ones), and I'm assuming a large part of the ride hardware) was relocated to the park after KK originally went bankrupt, before Ed Hart took over for the first time. At KK it was replaced by Vampire, and Lightning Run is in that same/similar spot today, I think?

There is some debate (or at least in my mind) of whether the flume trough itself, lift hill and drop aside, was relocated or if the design was just copied. I think there might have been a couple other rides that Silverwood got at the same time after KK closed, but I don't know for sure which ones they are. My best guess are the Antique Cars, and Red Barron, but IDK for sure and it's probably impossible to know for certain. I just think it's kinda funny that both Stunt Pilot and the Log Flume were relocated from KK to SW, both due to financial issues, and were placed right next too each other in the same park.

• Like 1

Well, I got 5 rides in on Stunt Pilot Sunday afternoon. Got a couple rides both the front and back rows - huge difference in intensity between the two, which I expected based on the long trains. The whip over the twisted airtime hill is one of my favorite sensations I've ever experienced on a coaster. Regardless of the seat, the ride is definitely the smoothest coaster in the park and really fills a previous gap in their lineup. It also had a sub-30 min line throughout the day, which was great for marathoning. 

Operations was also incredible, with the moving station really helping create a sense of urgency to load trains. Most of the time the restraints were locked and the train ready to go within 25-30 seconds, which is super impressive. On the downside, the ride broke down 6 times over the course of the afternoon, but maintenance was waiting in the station all day (presumably this was expected) - not sure what the issues were, but it seemed like superficial software teething problems - nothing that took the ride down for a long time. Regardless, I'm really glad to see great two-train ops at Silverwood - definitely a huge step up from what i've experienced in the park before. Also, I was able to request a specific seat even with the moving station - the ride ops will do their best to accommodate. I'll probably be back later in the summer for more rides (I hear even *more* theming is on the way) but for now I'm really excited to see what crowds Stunt Pilot draws this season. Definitely a class above any other coasters in the PNW! 

• Like 3

SOUNDS GREAT!!! I'm hoping to make the trek out there in a couple weeks, but all of the initial reports seem to indicate that it's a great addition. Glad to hear that they are using both trains, and that the ops are doing excellent. A lot of times I will be frustrated by the seemingly tortuously long loading process SW does on TT and Tremors, so having them be able to pump trains out on this thing is amazing!

Did you get a chance to try out Tremors and it's new RetraK (or whatever RMC calls it)?

• Like 2

Did you get a chance to try out Tremors and it's new RetraK (or whatever RMC calls it)?

Not this time. The line was 3x longer than Stunt Pilot lol. I did get some rides in earlier this season (I think I mentioned it in an earlier post), but man, the great ops on Stunt Pilot really highlight how badly two trains are needed on the woodies. Maybe next season.... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Uhh well this is rather odd... Looks like someone tried to set fire to one of our beloved wooden coasters. Any body know any more about this?

https://cdapress.com/news/2021/jun/05/arson-reported-silverwood-theme-park/

Says it happened at about 1:30 in the morning, and they set fire to one of the wooden support pieces. Security found it and was able to extinguish it before it spread luckily. They did not say which woodie it was, but my guess is Timber Terror since it is right next to the road and perimeter fence, which could make it an easy target.

There has not yet been a statement from the park on it. Hopefully the damage it limited, as I'm sure it's a big bummer for the park.

2 minutes ago, Comeagain? said:

Well Timber Terror and Tremors are both open right now, so there must not be much damage.

That's, great news! They did say that they extinguished it with a fire extinguisher so it doesn't sound like it got very far. Thanks for the update!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Everyone!

Ahh...2021...the year of changes for Silverwood. Who would have thought, that after 4+ years of general stagnation, the subtle cancellation of Light up the Night, and COVID; that so many things would change all at once? But alas, here we are! I made the pilgrimage across the coaster desert for two days of fun at the best theme park in the PNW (no contest!). So here we go, all of the changes (plus my thoughts), the good, the "ehh", and the bad for the 2021 season at Silverwood!

IMG_20210615_141140.thumb.jpg.7abd66c880e927142f5f437cb6170a3a.jpg

Lets start with the good (and the part that everyone is interested in), and mostly that means Stunt Pilot. I'm not gonna lie, I had to do a legit double take in the parking lot to make sure I was at the right theme park. "Really? A modern, brand-new, not (technically) relocated steel coaster, this can't be Silverwood..." 

IMG_20210615_142951.thumb.jpg.888bb4d209fdf03b8b6238da7a4cdec7.jpg

And let's not beat around the bush...THIS RIDE IS AMAZING!!!! Smooth, fast, great airtime, amazing inversions, great theme, it's just all around a great ride! From the moment you enter the queue to when you get off the ride it's just incredible what RMC and Silverwood did. The theme is perfect, and well executed. Silverwood history buffs (like me) could probably spend a good 30+ minutes in the entrance building alone, just looking at all the photos, reading the old park "newspapers" that are hanging up, and watching the queue video that plays constant footage of the old airshows the park had. The vintage bi-plane hanging over the queue sets the mood, and really works with the theme. Getting to walk SO CLOSE to the coaster (like seriously, your like 3 ft from the first drop in the queue) is super fun! I wish more coasters let you get this close. The ride even has it's own THEME SONG that plays in the queue and station (AND IT SOUNDS GREAT!!!). While the station itself, kinda leaves a little to be desired (it's basically a shed, which I guess is what real airplane hangers are...), the ride itself (and the rest of the queue) more than makes up for it.

IMG_20210615_174209.thumb.jpg.1e7097f8c91cfb91dbdf3d574b4b1032.jpg

IMG_20210616_124440.thumb.jpg.6d6918304c40b7b67c7f8af290b71fb4.jpg

Now for the ride itself...ITS A FREAKIN RMC RAPTOR, THERE'S LITERALLY NO REASON TO COMPLAIN!!!! Sure, the drop isn't 90 degrees. But does it make a difference? NO! The first drop is AMAZING, the inversions are fun, smooth, and a little floaty, and the rings and barn just add to the whole experience. If I had to pick a "dud" element it would probably be the cutback, but even that was fun so I can't complain much. I know some people don't like the restraints on these Raptors, but honestly I have no qualms with them. Do I wish it had lap bars? Sure. Do the OTS restrains ruin the ride for me? NO!!! I actually really like these restraints, and (for better or worse...) they might be the best restraints in the park. You don't have to battle them coming down during the ride, they're not uncomfortable (at least to me), and they don't hurt! (Gee, imagine that, a steel coaster that doesn't hurt in some way...what a great idea Silverwood! 😜) I just really like this ride, and I definitely think it's the best in the park! If you are thinking about making the trip to Silverwood because of Stunt Pilot, believe me when I say...IT'S WORTH IT!!! While I don't think that Silverwood is quite in that major/elite park category yet, I think with additions like Stunt Pilot it could be well on its way.

Also in the good changes category is the new 208 RetraK (man, RMC needs help with naming stuff...) on Tremors!

IMG_20210616_173621.thumb.jpg.114c528f241f333ffe2bbf33ea88846a.jpg

IMG_20210616_124015.thumb.jpg.5aa461628b01c942a064e2760f4b224c.jpg

This truly makes the ride great again! The helix area was really starting to...umm...age poorly? (Is that a nice way of saying it?) I was not a huge fan of Tremors in the past, but having this new track really helps me to see this rides full potential. The track is really smooth, no rattle or shuffle. It actually feels as though the ride speeds UP on the track, leading to some pretty wild/out of control feeling forces. It does run a bit odd with the PTC train, but that's not RMC's fault. I hope more coasters that have issues with maintenance add this (or GCI's Titan Track, if its basically the same thing). I don't think its for every wooden coaster, but those that need a little help in some select areas would really benefit from it. It's not all good for Tremors though. Even though the new RetraK helped in the warped helix (it stretches from the end of the first section of topper track, all the way to the exit of the helix), the airtime hill immediately following is in pretty rough shape, with some nasty jackhammering, although you still get some pretty good airtime on that hill. Word on the street is that this airtime hill is supposed to get RetraKed this off season, which I hope is true. I said Stunt Pilot was my favorite coaster in the park, but a little more RetraK on Tremors might change that...

Other than Tremors and Stunt Pilot, the coasters at Silverwood seemed to be in good shape. Corkscrew still needs a paint job, although it got a new pneumatic exit gate (whoo hoo! That's what I'm used to celebrating as far as new additions go at Silverwood). It was a little more rattily than I remember, but still fun, and I guess it kinda is what it is, being that it's almost 50 years old and has been relocated twice.

IMG_20210616_134655.thumb.jpg.b6afe019034f92cda42b365263a15c26.jpg

Timber Terror was good as always, and celebrating 25 years! Let's here it for the coaster that made the creation of RMC possible!! Still miss the buzz bars, but it got a new station voice over recording this year (Corkscrew got one too), and it was the first time I heard a voice over being used on TT out of all the years I've visited. There is still a little bit of shuffle in the last bit of the helix, but not as bad as last year. Always a great time!

Aftershock was down the first day due to inclement weather (rain and wind), and up and down the second with technical difficulties so I didn't get a chance to ride it on this trip. I'm honestly starting to worry about the park's resolve and dedication to this ride and it's maintenance needs, especially now that it's a one-of-a-kind in the US and they have a new major steel coast in Stunt Pilot. I know that they just replaced the rides cable, so that hopefully bodes well for the ride, because I think it would be a bummer for it to close.

The last good change is more of a minor one, but there is a new food stand underneath Corkscrew's first corkscrew, called Caselli's (the Theater of Illusion pizza is now just called Theater of Illusion Pizzeria), and a new seating area is across the path (where the old Cold Springs Pizzeria used to be) that features great views of the Log Flume, Stunt Pilot, and Corkscrew. It looks pretty good, and the stand sells personal pizzas, breadsticks, and beer on tap!

IMG_20210616_153054.thumb.jpg.910fe0bbb114410157ce28325dc22166.jpg

IMG_20210616_153107.thumb.jpg.ecbdee8456d8221678a876533758f7a4.jpg

We now turn to the more "ehh" changes at the park. I'm mostly indifferent to these changes, but they're there and probably should be pointed out, because someone will have an opinion on them...

IMG_20210616_153127.thumb.jpg.69adbbb39e0406e8dcd190fdc3762db5.jpg

The first of these is that Garfield and Odie are now completely gone from the park. Garfield has been replaced with coaster or water slide art on the height stick signs, and the kids area is now "Critter Camp". While Garfield never had that big of a presence in the park, it was kinda fun knowing that such a small park like Silverwood was connected to a (comparably) large IP. That being said, I'm not sad nor surprised that he's gone, and I hope that the park replaces him with something else (Here's to original characters!).

IMG_20210615_143055.thumb.jpg.ce4602dc8e4a6139827e6689b9d2d05b.jpg

Next, up is the relocated and refurbished Coaster Alley sign! While I do prefer the signs old style and location (it was about where Stunt Pilot's entrance is now) the new look and location definitely works. I especially like that they brought back the old coaster eating tree for Timber Terror, which I think is awesome (if they put that tree on a shirt I would totally buy it!)! All in all it's a neutral change for me.

IMG_20210616_191147.thumb.jpg.17e059adfea60eca55c84720541c5e2c.jpg

Lastly for the "ehh" changes is the park redid the Ferris Wheel and Kiddie Kopters. They both got new fences, magnetic entrance/exit gates, and fresh paint (Hey Silverwood! Could you do that for Corkscrew here soon? Thanks!) I rode the Ferris Wheel for the first time, and thought it was just ok, with the nearby trees blocking most of the view. I also am not a huge fan of the red pain job, finding it a bit obnoxious, but that's just me.

Now for the bad, and unfortunately it's pretty bad. I don't know what happened, but the train show took a HUGE drop off in quality. No bandits, no stunts, no Marshal Jack, no cryptozoologist, no fairies, no 6' 1" fence joke. All that's left is a lady who is a "ranger" who is looking for bigfoot, who than interacts with the guests for most of the journey, stops to help another ranger put some dynamite in the mine, a "mechanical puppet" (I won't disgrace the park by calling it an audio-animatronic) of bigfoot then pops up and and blows up the dynamite, which then causes the other ranger to fall in the well, and then we leave and go back to the park. It really was a big disappointment for me. Last year, I thought that they were so close to having a fun and unique train show centered around western bandits and bigfoot shenanigans, and when I heard that they were adding more bigfoot stuff this year I had high hope. Unfortunately what we now have is a cheap and cheesy show that lacks all cohesion and is a major disappointment. Coaster101 recently called the train show the second best in the country (based on previous years shows), but based on this years show, I think it's doesn't even belong on the list, it's that bad. I don't know if its budget cuts, or if somebody walked away from it, or what happened but it's just bad. So bad that I would rather have no show, and a quiet ride threw the woods past the buffalo and stagnant sets than what we have now. Maybe that's just me though. Does anyone know what happened here? Is this just the week day version of the show?

Other minor changes include the Theater of Illusion Pizzeria getting a new sign, new panini's at the High Moon Saloon and Panhandle Lemonade (Didn't try either but they both look good), and the removal of the temporary lockers by Thunder Canyon's entrance. Boulder Beach was exactly the same, as last year. Other than that, the park seems to be in pretty good shape with some minor maintenance needed to get them back to pre-COVID levels of beauty it seems. Pharaoh's Curse was still sitting in pieces at the end of the runway, next to some pieces of Tremors old track, in what is quickly becoming the park's boneyard. Didn't see any advertising for Scarywood, but I'm assuming that it will make a return this year. Also, all of the park's COVID measures (except "reservations", and random hand sanitizer stations, and cashless operations) are gone, so if your at all worried about COVID I would advise you to steer clear.

Looking towards the future...an RMC crane/truck was still on site, and they seemed to be surveying/digging around in the dirt behind Riptide Racer and Pollywog Park...so obviously a 500' RMC T-Rex with 25 inversions is coming for next season!!😜:lol:

In all seriousness, it could be just them installing utilities, but I thought it was interesting with the timing. I've always wanted to see a water coaster come to Boulder Beach, although I would want them to put it more in the back by Avalanche Mountain and Ricochet Rapids, rather than in the front of the water park. Plus Boulder Beach really is due now for a new and unique slide.

All in all I think the park has a bright future and a new direction. For the last few year I was really starting to get worried that the park was entering a time of stagnation, or even slight decline, with the lack of changes or new additions of any kind. When COVID came along, I thought all hopes were dashed for SW ever adding a new coaster in the short term, especially an RMC Raptor. But who knew that 2021 could bring so much change to our little park in north idaho. I hope Stunt Pilot works out positively for them, and we see a series of additions on that level of both ride quality and theming. Even if they add stuff half as good as Stunt Pilot, I think the park really does have a very bright future, and I cant wait too find out what else the Norton family has up their sleeves!

• Like 4

Great report.  I was in Seattle last week and decided to make the trek over to Athol and it did not disappoint.  The drive was incredibly picturesque at times, and Silverwood is a delightful little park.  Those two additional seats in the back of Stunt Pilot really make for some insane airtime.  The first drop on Tremors definitely caught me off guard, and it was pretty neat to feel how all the different track sections were riding.  All in all, a very solid coaster lineup for a park of this size.

Caselli's is actually where I chose to eat, since it had a very small line when I was passing by.  I was not aware that it was new; my meal was pretty good!  Definitely superior to most theme park pizza I've had elsewhere.

I would agree that I lost interest in the train show after a little while, but it was nice to get out in the woods a little bit and see some of the other rides from a different perspective.  

• Like 2