TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silverwood Discussion Thread

It's kinda hard to tell, but based on my observation (and a little comparison) it looks like its a clone of Railblazer at California's Great America, at least layout wise. Hopefully some of that themeing comes with it

I think they do have 8 person trains, but Silverwood seems to think their's will have will have 10 car trains (like Jersey Devil? IDK unfortunately didn't follow the details on that ride) RMC posted on their Facebook that they are excited too! https://www.facebook.com/pg/rmcoasters/posts/?ref=page_internal&mt_nav=0

Definetly a Railblazer clone, If you watch a POV of Railblazer and stop it at the top of the first drop, it matches what they show in Silverwood's animation. I'm still pumped about 2 trains though!! Tha'ts a big step forward for the park, hope they run both of them often...

More breaking news! They told us the location! So between Tremors and the Log Flume, don't know how exactly they are going to pull that off but... Bye Bye Elephant Ride?? (Please oh Please take out the Elephant Ride, I'm begging you Silverwood!!! )

Screenshot_20200917-110052.thumb.png.df6f874cabdd79e7a58f8653cbe9cc02.png

LOCATON REVEALED!!! Bye Bye Elephant Ride????

More breaking news! They told us the location! So between Tremors and the Log Flume, don't know how exactly they are going to pull that off but... Bye Bye Elephant Ride?? (Please oh Please take out the Elephant Ride, I'm begging you Silverwood!!! )

You know where Ancient Ruins, Caved In, and Pharaohs Curse were? There. Or in other words, riding up the Log Flume lift, it'll be directly to your right. Riding Tremors, it'll be just after the breaking bridge, before you reach the second section of Topper Track.

Elephants doesn't need to go anywhere. Tremors is between the space this is going and Elephants anyway.

Great addition! I love the color scheme; Silverwood needs a dash of red.

I keep wondering when they will pull a Holiday World and convert their 2 long-wait woodies into 2 train ops, like Holiday World for Raven and Legend years ago.

You know where Ancient Ruins, Caved In, and Pharaohs Curse were? There. Or in other words, riding up the Log Flume lift, it'll be directly to your right. Riding Tremors, it'll be just after the breaking bridge, before you reach the second section of Topper Track.

Elephants doesn't need to go anywhere. Tremors is between the space this is going and Elephants anyway.

I know where the spot is, I actually took a picture of it last weekend, its a couple pages back, no biggie though.

I just don't know exactly how they are going to squeeze it into that space, if it's running parallel to the Log FLume (which I imagine is the case). From my measurements (via Google Maps, so take it with a grain of salt ), they would have to put the back footer right next to the exit path for Thunder Canyon, and it would stretch all the way to the path over by TT's far turnaround. There is a tree there that could stay if they move the path (which seems likely anyways), but if they want to push it back then it should land right up against the Country Carnival midway there by Super Roundup. Seems like it might be a tight fit/potential bottle neck, but we'll see. No matter what they do I'm sure it will look great!

On the Elephant Ride...I just think its totally unnecessary (and tacky, like everybody knows that SW is just ripping off Disney with that thing). They have three other rides that do the EXACT SAME THING, in better locations. It is sitting on prime real estate in Coaster Alley, so I hope some day soon it gets taken out and replaced with something more suitable for the area (Flying Scooters?)

Twenty years from now I fully expect to be grumbling at yet another Raptor credit I have to get at some random small park like I do with the Boomerangs now, haha. People liked Boomerangs when they were new like we like Raptors, right? They kept building them anyway.

All enthusiast mandated clone whining out of the way, these are truly awesome additions for smaller to midsized parks. I haven't actually been on one yet, but the POVs look amazing and reviews seem good across the board. A park like Silverwood will benefit tremendously from this ride. Plus, it does look to me that it is a modified version of Railblazer. It will need to reprofile, if only subtly, to accomodate for 10 car trains, no?

I agree that this a great addition to the park. I've been down to SFFT a couple of times to ride Wonder Woman and I still can't get over how nuts that ride is. So much airtime and thrills packed into such a tiny footprint! I still haven't been to Silverwood, so maybe next year will finally be the year!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone!

I have doing some looking around on the Kootenai County Building Department website for any permits related to Stunt Pilot. It seems the park waited to announce the coaster before submitting an application for permits. That said... here is the site plan the park submitted.102592 SITE PLAN.pdf

There is more if you look up permit# COM20-0111 on the Kootenai County Building Department eTRAKiT, which is the site the county uses for permit public records. These plans were in the public record, so that's where I got them.

Couple things I thought were interesting...

1) The entrance will be located closer to Tremors far turnaround, rather than over by the deck at the base of the Log Flume's drop. You actually will walk past the exit path, before coming to the entrance. Seems a little backwards to me, but it works.

2) The queue will be covered and pass under the main part of the ride. The cover is standard with most of the park's coasters (Corkscrew and Krazy Koaster are the exceptions). Based on the aerial images of RailBlazer I have seen, the queue looks standard for Raptors.

3) There were no clues in the permit (that I could find) as to what the station would actually look like. However, the permit does seem to show that there will be only one gate to board the train in the station, versus having a line of air gates, allowing you do choose your own row. This means to one of two things to me, either one, Stunt Pilot will have the moving platform that Wonder Woman has :b, or two, you will not be able to pick your own row :cry:. I guess there could be an option where, the station is not accurately depicted in the plans, but I doubt that.

4) There is only one clue to theming. There is a biplane in the queue on the plans, but its placed in the middle of the path :shockr:. So I don't know what that is all about...but a real biplane on display would be cool!

They are rapidly working on land clearing and they have begun digging holes for foundations, as seen from the webcam (well, until it fell down for some reason, but hey it sill works:lol:https://www.krem.com/silverwood-live-cam

I also thought I heard somewhere, that the park wants to have it ready for opening day. Not sure how they are going to pull that off, but I guess its possible given that RMC is down the road...

No matter what...Can't wait to ride!

Yes, first weekend in may has traditionally been the day!

It's not totally out of the question. Only issue is that northern Idaho isn't necessarily known for winter coaster building weather...but knowing that the park is usually pretty on top of stuff, I think they have a good chance of making it. Even if they have some delays, I would expect it no later than memorial day weekend.

• 1 month later...

Hey Everybody!

I have been following the permitting and construction process for Stunt Pilot pretty regularly since it was announced (First new thrill coaster in 12 years to home park + coaster nerd = you know what!). Anyway I noticed today that the park posted new site plans for the coaster, and I found two things to be interesting. First, they officially call the station a "building". In previous plans, they just have it as a metal structure with screen. With this new designation (thank heaven!) I am now really hopeful for a decent station. I think a Quonset hut style hanger thing would be cool, but that's just me. Secondly, they show another "Future Building" near where the rides entrance is going to be. Its difficult to tell what it is, and there's no permits out there for it from what I can tell, but it looks like a snack stand/gift shop. I find this interesting because there is another retail building around the corner, but I could see why they would want a more dedicated store for Stunt Pilot. Kind of curious now what it would look like though. Plans are at the bottom, sorry I'm still learning the ins and outs of Robb's fancy dancy new forums! (That's a complement Robb, really appreciate your hard work with this site!)

The also posted some construction updates, and promised to do more over the winter :b so that should keep us all entertained! Here are the latest ones! (RMC put them on their socials as well)

spacer.png

spacer.png

P.S. Sorry for the size! Is there a way to make them smaller? I inserted them from a URL.

Stunt Pilot Screenshot 2020-12-09 153923.png

• Thanks 1

Thank you for the update!

After living in Utah for almost 4 years now, I told myself I would make the trek to Silverwood if they ever got an RMC. It looks like Summer 2021 is the year! I've ridden both other RMC Raptors, and they are amazing coasters. The fact that this one will have even longer trains is crazy to me, because the back row on RB/WW shouldn't even be legal.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, swfan1988 said:

Hey Everybody!

I have been following the permitting and construction process for Stunt Pilot pretty regularly since it was announced (First new thrill coaster in 12 years to home park + coaster nerd = you know what!). Anyway I noticed today that the park posted new site plans for the coaster, and I found two things to be interesting. First, they officially call the station a "building". In previous plans, they just have it as a metal structure with screen. With this new designation (thank heaven!) I am now really hopeful for a decent station. I think a Quonset hut style hanger thing would be cool, but that's just me. Secondly, they show another "Future Building" near where the rides entrance is going to be. Its difficult to tell what it is, and there's no permits out there for it from what I can tell, but it looks like a snack stand/gift shop. I find this interesting because there is another retail building around the corner, but I could see why they would want a more dedicated store for Stunt Pilot. Kind of curious now what it would look like though.

Stunt Pilot Screenshot 2020-12-09 153923.png

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but based on that drawing, the only building being built is over the storage tracks. Not the station. The station is listed as "Future Building".

12 hours ago, Comeagain? said:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but based on that drawing, the only building being built is over the storage tracks. Not the station. The station is listed as "Future Building".

Yeah, but if its a building then they need a permit eventually. Building things in phases doesn't sound like a Silverwood thing either. I was more excited to the fact that its being referred to as a building, rather than a canopy with scrim. I guess it depends on the building department's definition of "building"?

The other thing is the smaller shed building next to the lift hill, is an electrical shed and plans/permits have already been submitted/applied for that. That's also listed as a "Future Building", so they could be using it as a generic term for to be built structures? (Note the Log Flume's shed is labelled "Existing Building", and that's been there for a few years)

I'm still intrigued by that mystery "Future Building" at the entrance to the queue. I'm curious as to what it is, initially I thought it could be a souvenir or food stand, but now I'm wondering if it could be cubbies or fluffy fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo? Does anyone know what the loose article situations are for Railblazer or Wonder Woman? Silverwood has bins (or leave it on the platform) for all the other coasters and most rides, so mandatory fluffy fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo (Is that the way to say it?) would be a first for the park.

The park showed off the front of the trains today, on their social media, and they are looking good! Really glad that they seem to be sticking with the Biplane theme, and the colors should look pretty snazzy! I can't quite see what's in the wood crate in the background but it kinda looks like more train parts? Does the park has to assemble the trains themselves?

1547464218_SilverwoodStuntPilotTrainsFrontDecember2020.thumb.jpg.751871406d0e1718acde695dea508a9f.jpg

7 hours ago, swfan1988 said:

The park showed off the front of the trains today, on their social media, and they are looking good! Really glad that they seem to be sticking with the Biplane theme, and the colors should look pretty snazzy! I can't quite see what's in the wood crate in the background but it kinda looks like more train parts? Does the park has to assemble the trains themselves?

RMC's fiberglass is done by a local (to RMC) shop just down the road from RMC (and of course, Silverwood). It would make sense to send them directly to Silverwood and have them ready for the trains when they arrive. 

• Thanks 1

uhhh...where's the ferris wheel and kiddie copters???

image.thumb.png.61a626573575cf103d82cfc194926e5b.png

The park said their maintenance team is hard at work...but... I hope that they keep that old school ferris wheel, I've never ridden it because the line is always painfully slow, but I have to say it looks really good in it's spot. Maybe while the maintenance team is at it they could conveniently loose a key component of the kiddie copters and have to relocate the elephant ride there... (In case you couldn't tell I very much dislike the amount of "fly high, fly low, dumbo knockoffs" the park has)

Edit: I thought about it a bit, and I think this is on par with what the park has been doing the last couple of years. They redid Super Roundup and Scrambler last winter, and they replaced Tilt-A-Whirl the year before. Both of those projects looks really great, definitely an improvement in my book. They seem to be slowly refurbishing/replacing Country Carnival's flats over the winter, although I thought the Kiddy Copters and Ferris Wheel were in pretty good shape last year, fresh paint and fencing? I'm glad the park is doing this, hopefully it makes some of the older rides at the park have a longer life span.

Plus, you got to make the park looks good for all those coaster enthusiasts that are going to make the pilgrimage to ride Stunt Pilot next year, right! ;)

Continuing with the theme of winter maintenance, some pictures appeared in the latest issue of Amusement Today of the park working on Timber Terror's double up and the trains disassembled in the parks coaster maintenance shop. This goes with a picture the park shared on social media a few weeks ago of work being done on TT's helix. It's interesting that the photo of the maintenance shop shows TT's trains in an old color scheme (the one where it starts as green and fades to yellow at the back of the train) and with the buzz bars, do I am assuming its an old photo... (although I'll jump for joy if its not...I really miss those buzz bars...). Don't know about the double up picture, but the helix was starting to have some nasty shuffle last season, so I'm glad they are working on that!

Speaking of off season changes...

I noticed today that their were some subtle changes to Silverwood's website, and they seem to not be in Garfield's favor...after loosing his dark ride at Kennywood, he seems to also have lost his position as Silverwood's mascot.

I first suspected this when the icon that symbolizes the park's website is not a "SW" logo instead of a picture of Garfield's face. I then noticed that under the shows page the Garfield and Friends Meet and Greet section was suspiciously missing... The last bit is that the rides in the kids area (the only area that actually had any connection to Garfield) have had the location changed from Garfield's Summer Camp to Critter Camp (Uh, I'll reserve judgment for now on that name...but here's a sneak peak 🤮). Some of the ride descriptions still say Garfield's Summer Camp and the meet and greet page is findable via a Google search but, this leads me to conclude that, for better or worse, Garfield is no longer the mascot of the park.

Edit 1: I almost forgot that Garfield was on all of the height stick signs at all the ride and slide entrances. That too me was probably the park's most effective use of him. Any ideas for a good replacement?

This could be bad intuition since, the Krazy Koaster descriptions still says "Garfield's Summer Camp Expansion" so yeah...whatever happened to that Kite Flyer and Balloon Ride they promised?

I thought I remember reading somewhere that the Garfield deal was a 3 (or 5 or something like that) deal starting in 2001, with year to year renewals after that. Considering he had a 19 year run, I don't think its a huge loss since he never had a large presence in the park anyways, mostly in the kids area and even then it was limited to the name of the area and a meet and greet. I don't remember seeing the characters this last season, but that could have been because of COVID. 

No matter what, between Stunt Pilot and no Garfield, 2021 is going to be a year of change for the park. Here's to them brining back the old mascot's that I've seen in old promotional pictures of the park!

Edit 2: Upon some further research, it seems that Paws. Inc. (The company that owns the Garfield rights) was purchased by Viacom in late 2019, and was made part of Nickelodeon. My guess then is that Viacom had the licenses to both Silverwood and Kennywood cancelled after the sale was complete (Which explains why Garfield's Nightmare was rethemed?). Not sure why, but maybe it has something to do with the Nickelodeon Universe licenses for the Mall of America and American Dream? If that's the case then I would expect Garfield to become a part of those parks, and Silverwood will either find or make (Yay for original characters!) a replacement.

Edited by swfan1988
Extra Info
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok! We now sorta have an answer to the mystery building that was spotted on the earlier site plans. I say sorta because we have an idea of what the building will look like, but limited on its purpose or use. Again, these are from the Kootenai County Building Department so no insider info here! The building is labeled "Entrance Building" on the plans and its placement in the site plans seems to match that description. It's location seems to be in the vicinity of where the Roller Coaster Alley sign was, or just in front of it. It also lines up to about where the queue connects to the main path on the plans.

1969812892_Screenshot(5).thumb.png.5d8dab51087d744dd3220bffbc1143f0.png

1518036775_Screenshot(6).thumb.png.3e89a4835bbaa1e5a72b62b64effe409.png

Other than that...we still don't know anything. I'm excited that it looks to not be a fluffy fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo (although it could still be?) or a on ride photo stand. My guess is that it's some sort of queue house that  will hopefully have some theming...or it's just a gift shop. Still hoping to get some permits for the station soon...I'm still holding out for a real station like there other coasters (Silverwood don't be like CGA, you can build real stations!).

• Like 1