TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silverwood Discussion Thread

Here is the picture mentioned in the post.

[attachment=0]THINGY.jpg[/attachment]

Link

This does appear to be quite a large coaster. But we dont have any info about the pic mentioned like height, speed, or anything.

The small footprint coasters the companies are coming up with are amazing.

I'm surprised that no one has put two-and-two together when it comes to that coaster layout.

It was planned as one of the coasters in the Prince Desmond-style Orlando Thrill Park.

I'm still holding out on one of those Flying Fury rides by Technical Park. Isn't Silverwood's new ride supposed to be a first for the United States?

Isn't Silverwood's new ride supposed to be a first for the United States?

This.

Not sure why people keep saying a giant frisbee type ride when we have quite a few of those in the US already. Personally I have no clue, but I find it interesting that the picture they chose to post was of the top of a coaster lift hill. I know that is one that is already there, but why is a coaster the main focus... hmmmm...

^^Yeah, a friend pointed that out to me earlier. At least it still could fit with the clues since it's never been built. But if it's not really a brand new design and someone just jumped to that conclusion because they'd never seen it before, then that does make it seem like more of a pipe dream, I guess.

^^Yeah, a friend pointed that out to me earlier. At least it still could fit with the clues since it's never been built. But if it's not really a brand new design and someone just jumped to that conclusion because they'd never seen it before, then that does make it seem like more of a pipe dream, I guess.

Apparently it IS being built in China somewhere, so you are half-right.

Isn't Silverwood's new ride supposed to be a first for the United States?

This.

Not sure why people keep saying a giant frisbee type ride when we have quite a few of those in the US already.

You're right, but a park can just as easily plunk a Giant Frisbee not made by HUSS or Zamperla and call it "one of a kind". I think the only North American Mondial Giant Frisbee is in Canada, for example.

Not saying they're likely to do that, just saying it's happened before.

It anyone wants to reference a rare ride model it would be helpful to include either a picture of the ride or a location of an existing model. Sure all the geeks might know what a Flying Fury is, but I didn't and I've ridden one.

646711488_dsc_1469_1621.jpg.7bdb1cd6e543240f2da344b5191673dd.jpg

Here's Vertigo at Tivoli Gardens

1455170708_tivoligardens_23b_1681.jpg.7438118d12698c5874d99ffe76c6b483.jpg

Edit: never mind- thought I found some info on the new ride, got excited and posted before researching much (they used Aftershock as the title for the page and I forgot it was the park's GIB), my bad. Carry on with speculation...

Edited by stormrush

I strongly believe it will be a Vekoma Stingray. It meets all of the criteria they are teasing.

-It is the correct height (102 feet), and because of the Stingray's lift, you do look down at 102 feet.

-Stingray's have 2 inversions.

-Silverwood seems to have taken a liking with Vekoma because of their big success with the GIB.

-It would definitely impact the skyline.

-There is nothing like it in the U.S.

I look forward to the official announcement from them on the 22nd.

I strongly believe it will be a Vekoma Stingray. It meets all of the criteria they are teasing.

Stingray does not fulfill the following:

"You will be turning 360 degrees, two different ways, on our NEW ride. This just might be your view..."

I think what ever it is, it will go upside down over Timber Terror. They "360 degrees x2" picture shows Timber terror's lift and there is another "New Year's Resolution" picture with Timber Terror going down it's drop. That latter may not be a hint, but if it goes over Timber Terror it's obviously going to change the skyline.

I saw this on Screamscape this evening.

2013 - Two New Rides - (1/14/13) RollercoasterAlley reports that Silverwood sent out press packages to attend a park announcement on Jan. 22 where they will reveal a new thrill ride and a family fun ride coming to the park for 2013. In the package was an airline style barf-bag with a warning label that read, “Warning – Coming in 2013 – 102’ Thrill Ride & Family Fun Ride”. The park has also issued a few hints on their Facebook site as well, mentioning that riders will be staring down from 102 feet, it will be unique in the United States, turn you 360 degrees twice and change the skyline of the park. It kind of makes me wonder if this could be some kind of crazy Euro-style flat ride, the kind that we normally only see in the coverage of Octoberfest events. Anyone else have any ideas?

Hmm...risk of sickness does seem to be more of a stereotype for flat rides, but it could be applied to coasters as well.

Any chance the family ride is a coaster? I know in the past, they've been rumored to get a spinner. In that case, the sickness/dizziness angle could do double duty, representing both new rides.